Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansea City: We Are About To Have A Problem

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
I can actually see Swansea going for Poyet as they do seem to like continental managers.I believe he would jump at the chance as well.

If he does then you can only blame the club for failing to nail him down on a 4 year deal.That's a lot of compo for manager who has little experience so far.

This is a real worry for our club as it does seem relistic.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Chris Coleman looks a good bet at 7/1?
Swansea Boy, Swansea fan, shed loads of experience, shed loads of contacts in the game?

Swansea could do a lot worse?

My fee for this exclusive tip is a mere 10% of your winnings?
No win = no fee.

I can't say fairer than that? :thumbsup:

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Damn ....! :tantrum:

I should keep my ear to the ground a bit more?

Claw your bets back everbody ..... :shrug:

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
This may be a bit far-fetched but hear me out - Before Sousa replaced Martinez I'm pretty sure Gus was heavily linked with the Swansea job (quite a while before he joined us). Does anyone remember when he signed for us and said how he had turned down other jobs as he didn't get the same good feeling as he did at the prospect of joining us? Maybe he already turned them down back then?

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
This may be a bit far-fetched but hear me out - Before Sousa replaced Martinez I'm pretty sure Gus was heavily linked with the Swansea job (quite a while before he joined us). Does anyone remember when he signed for us and said how he had turned down other jobs as he didn't get the same good feeling as he did at the prospect of joining us? Maybe he already turned them down back then?

It talks about this in the article I posted a link to earlier in the thread

If he turned them down then, don't see why he'd go now

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

That artical says that Poyet was piped for the job.No mention of him turning the job down.

Poyet was 2nd choice behind Sousa (something to do with PS feeding the chairman a lot of bull shit in the interview).

I'm sure in hindsight Swans chairman Huw Jenkins is sorry about the choice he made at the time as there was a real rift towards the end of last season between him and Sousa. There's been strong rumours coming out of the club all summer, so it's come as no surprise to anyone.

Personally, I can't see Poyet moving as he would probably slam the phone down on Huw after being told he was 2nd best last time.

One thing I do know is that there is no loyalty (amongst managers or players) these days - anyone who thinks that Poyet wouldn't jump at the first opportunity to better himself is living in cloud cuckoo land.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
That artical says that Poyet was piped for the job.No mention of him turning the job down.

True - didn't read the other post properly. Got excited that I might've posted something useful

Nightmare

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
One thing I do know is that there is no loyalty (amongst managers or players) these days - anyone who thinks that Poyet wouldn't jump at the first opportunity to better himself is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Exactly!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If he wants to go, f*** him, see ya. At least it's before he's actually assembled a squad and he's done NOTHING yet anyway :bigwave:

Bloom will pull another rabbit out of the hat and we become more attractive as a club with each passing day :thumbsup:

I hope Poyet stays but he needs to sign his new contract and actually commit and stop flaffing around talking about it.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If Poyet has a desire to be taken seriously as a manager, he shouldn't leave Brighton with job not even half done... won't impress future suitors, IMHO...

Swansea

Jan 13, 2010
Poyet was 2nd choice behind Sousa (something to do with PS feeding the chairman a lot of bull shit in the interview).

I'm sure in hindsight Swans chairman Huw Jenkins is sorry about the choice he made at the time as there was a real rift towards the end of last season between him and Sousa. There's been strong rumours coming out of the club all summer, so it's come as no surprise to anyone.

Personally, I can't see Poyet moving as he would probably slam the phone down on Huw after being told he was 2nd best last time.

Jenkins and Poyet have not fallen out over him not getting the job, he was at Swansea's last match as a guest and he loaned him Painter last season so not sure what to think but I don't think he will leave Brighton.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Gus is looking rather hypercritical when you compare his contract dallying with the way he sounded-off at Calde... this only shows he still has a lot to learn as a manager...

And he has achieved very little as a manager to date, although his potential is obviously enormous... he still needs to prove himself, IMHO...

I very much want him to stay BTW...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Do we know he hasn't signed his contract, just because there hasn't been a press release or press conference to announce it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here