Swansea City: We Are About To Have A Problem

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyway, all the smart money is now going on Gary Speed or Southgate so there's not much for seagulls fans to get worried over

I'd like to see Southgate get the job, he may not be inspirational but I think he's talked quite a bit of sense when I've seen him on the World Cup programmes. As a rookie manager I thought he did quite well overall at Middlesborough.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If everything is agreed, then sign the god damn thing! :US:

Couldn't agree more... why wait Gus? You were happy to put an out-of-contract player on a strict deadline... don't be hypercritical... sign now... remove (actually, minimise) the doubts over your future, and the big signings we need will follow once they know you are committed to the mighty Seagulls... thank you Gus... you KNOW it makes sense...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would say that the completely uneeded use of the word 'practically' in this sentence, means that his statement has done NOTHING to 'cool' the speculation...

I would say that just means he is saying "Never say never", but the chances are PRACTICALLY zero...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Couldn't agree more... why wait Gus? You were happy to put an out-of-contract player on a strict deadline... don't be hypercritical... sign now... remove (actually, minimise) the doubts over your future, and the big signings we need will follow once they know you are committed to the mighty Seagulls... thank you Gus... you KNOW it makes sense...

As a PEDANTIC aside [and this is not just you] can I please point out that 'hyper' and 'hypo' prefixes to words do not mean the same thing. Carry on.

D

Deleted User X18H

Dean Sanders will become Swansea City manager later today. Or tomorrow or is it next Thursday!?

Shhh keep it to yourselves but Gus has been viewing property in the marina!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

He'll be needing a f*** off big yacht then, is the funding of this the reason for the delay in signing?

As a PEDANTIC aside [and this is not just you] can I please point out that 'hyper' and 'hypo' prefixes to words do not mean the same thing. Carry on.

Surely as a pedant you should also be aware that the use of the word 'practically' in the term 'practically impossible' means that in practise it is impossible, although theoretically the possibility may exist? Ergo your concerns about Gus' future are not necessary :wink:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Surely as a pedant you should also be aware that the use of the word 'practically' in the term 'practically impossible' means that in practise it is impossible, although theoretically the possibility may exist? Ergo your concerns about Gus' future are not necessary :wink:

Used literally, you would be correct. In common usage, as well you know, 'practically' in this context means 'almost'. Hopefully its just a language thing on Gus' part.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Dean Sanders will become Swansea City manager later today. Or tomorrow or is it next Thursday!?

Saunders?! If they go for him they really have lost their minds. He guided Wrexham to a dreadful 11th in the Conference last season. Many Wrexham fans want him sacked. This will never happen.

Swansea

Jan 13, 2010
Saunders nearly got the job when Martinez got it, but when Sousa got the job he was not short listed so I would say no chance. With Jenkins he can Surprise you Jacket, Martinez and Sousa all came in when nowhere near the favorites for the job so if the trend carrys on it will be someone who have not been mentioned I would not count out an appointment from the continent.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Was it Swansea who released Deano on a free before he joined us (or cardiff)?

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Quote:
Originally Posted by hove born&bred View Post
Shhh keep it to yourselves bit Gus has been viewing property in the marina!
Really? I would like that.

that was at least 2 months ago though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here