Swansea City: We Are About To Have A Problem

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Gary Speed? Is John Hartson fit again yet?

I didn't even know Pearson had left Leicester to be honest. They do have a bad habit of pinching other clubs' managers (and then failing)- Holloway, McGhee etc

Gone to HULL, innit.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
He has proved nothing in terms of his managerial career so far. Some people on here seem to think of him as some kind of lower league Jose Mourinho or Alex Ferguson and it completely baffles me tbh.

I completely agree in most circumstances but he is third favourite, and this is a championship team not a premiership one and he has good connections with the chairman.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
You know, all this panic about Poyet getting offers will be keep happening over and over again. Its like going out with a good looking women and constantly checking up where she is, who she is talking too. If he sods off then so be it, we would get over it.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Im confident Gus will be with us for another 2 seasons at least

We gave him his chance in Managment, he is very unlikely to move on after little more than half a season, he is just starting to assemble the squad he wants.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
If it was at any other time in our recent history then I would be really worried as Adams, Taylor and Coppell all cited a lack of ground as to why they went. That’s not the case any more and the future is bright.

Poyet has often talked about loyalty from his players and I expect at least some short term from him………and I think he will show it by signing that extended contract very shortly.

Swansea is a slightly more attractive job in that they are further forward in their ambitions than us. But we are only two- three years off them (maybe less) and so there is a lot to look forward to in managing Brighton.

There will be plenty more job offers ( and better ones too) if Poyet can build and achieve something with us first.

I expect him to be flattered but turn them down (if asked).

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
I think some of you need a reality check. I'm not saying they'll come in for him or would he accept an offer, but Swansea are a decent side and a step up.

Apart from WBA, they were the best footballing side at Selhurst last season. If they could add a goalscorer (they kept about 25 clean sheets last season), they'll be challenging for promotion to the Premiership which Brighton wont be doing in the next few seasons.

There isn't a lot of loyalty in football and it's been a long time since you've had a manager potentially in demand, you have to accept that bigger clubs will try and snare him if he continues to do well.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I think some of you need a reality check. I'm not saying they'll come in for him or would he accept an offer, but Swansea are a decent side and a step up.

Apart from WBA, they were the best footballing side at Selhurst last season. If they could add a goalscorer (they kept about 25 clean sheets last season), they'll be challenging for promotion to the Premiership which Brighton wont be doing in the next few seasons.

There isn't a lot of loyalty in football and it's been a long time since you've had a manager potentially in demand, you have to accept that bigger clubs will try and snare him if he continues to do well.

you seem to be labouring under the illusion that someone on here actually wants your opinion..........:bigwave::wanker:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He won't leave us just yet. I would expect the problem to come if and when we are promoted to the Championship, at that stage if a Hull/Bolton type club came in for him I think he would be interested. Can't see him leaving us for a Championship club though.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm kind of hopeful that he hasn't done enough yet to be really in demand.

Teams at this level know what impact Poyet had on us last season but higher than that, many people just see a team tha finished in mid table.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
this all seems a tad premature, according to my Leicester fan work colleague it isnt a done deal yet. their chairman isnt even in the country.

and to add, Gus isnt building a squad and bringing over Argies to just hop off at the first opportunity.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
after bleating on about the lack of loyalty shown by calderon, it would be a massive pot-kettle-black situation for him to now walk out

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sousa blatantly piggybacked off Roberto Martinez's achievements anyway. It was Martinez who got them playing the pretty football that everyone admired. Once Sousa turned up they seemed to become more defensive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports