Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Uni Students against Falmer - Now confirmed.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
HampshireSeagulls said:
Baseball-hatted twat. I notice that he is a "full time officer" for the Uni - does this mean that he is not even a student, but is paid for from student funds (ie taxes)? Sad state of affairs when he can't even get a "supersize"job but has to remain in the twilight, unreal world of education because he has not yet grown up enough to take his first tentative steps into adulthood. Being head of a Student's Union is not the real world...

My flatmate was a Deputy President and I think he got about £13k annually for the full time job. He had graduated, but some do it as a sandwich type year out. I think it was the same amount for each officer of the SU.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Thing is, they are opposing the Stadium in 2007...this whole long drawn out saga began nearly 6 years ago(offically?).

At least the Kunts at FPC have been against it for years, these students are bandwagon jumping.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
turienzo's lovechild said:
that definitely doesn't exist

adrie, dont expect uni to be an oasis of fit, attractive girls gagging for it.

much as we'd love to live in that world, the reality is a bit more down to earth.

1066gull

bigc said:
adrie, dont expect uni to be an oasis of fit, attractive girls gagging for it.

much as we'd love to live in that world, the reality is a bit more down to earth.
f***:down:

nah, it aint really about girls, its about starting a life which i guess, anyone who does go to uni, uni has a bigger influence on them than college or school

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hmmm, as previously stated, I'd have more sympathy for their environmental concerns if Lewes Road wasn't choked every morning by rusty clapped-out Peugeot 106s chuffing their way along to the Falmer campus from the Hanover student ghetto...

edna krabappel said:
Hmmm, as previously stated, I'd have more sympathy for their environmental concerns if Lewes Road wasn't choked every morning by rusty clapped-out Peugeot 106s chuffing their way along to the Falmer campus from the Hanover student ghetto...

Hanover never used to be a ghetto until the bloody students moved in! These environmentally friendly students who go everywhere by bike (falls off chair in fits of laughter).
You know when it is summer here in Hanover it's much easier to park, I wonder why?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Barrel of Fun said:

Mr Glass admitted the union had failed to drum up enough support for the motion in the past. He said: "We've been wanting to get this off the ground for years but there hasn't really been the interest.

I wonder why??

But some students at the university were not pleased with the decision.

Speaking to The Argus, one said: "In my opinion it is a bit rich to have the views of thousands of students represented by a small group on such an important issue.

"A lot of these students will have left Brighton long before the stadium is even finished. From what I have seen the stadium will be built between Brighton university buildings and the A23 motorway anyway, so it is not really this area of natural beauty it is made out to be."

There is one student there with some brains then.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How many students does Sussex University have?

And what proportion does 40 make? ???

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Barrel of Fun said:
According to my flatmate, who is an Ex-Sussex Student, they have about 12,000. So that would mean the motion was carried by 0.3% of the students. :lolol:

Woo-hoo!

Power to the people, man!

:mexican:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
sabb_danglass.jpg

Bless him, look at him standing there smiling with his little baseball cap that his mummy and daddy bought for him. I bet they are so proud of him.

Mummies little soldier.

Last edited:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
We have much to fear from a body which has a forum with such riveting threads as "stolen bike wheel" and "my milk goes off". Ineffective group, nothing to worry about - perhaps they would be better served concentrating on edukash, edyukay, eddukashu......

I quote - " this really is the final straw in the coffin....."

DannyBhoy

Jul 5, 2003
Burwash, East Sussex
WE WANT FALMER, WE WANT FALMER, WE WANT FALMER...

End of the day those c*nts should be getting behind us because we know the potetial of the club with its quality youth system and the quality of the young players we already have it the team,

once we have got falmer and were playing football in it we are aiming for the premiership!!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Southover Street Seagull said:
Hanover never used to be a ghetto until the bloody students moved in! These environmentally friendly students who go everywhere by bike (falls off chair in fits of laughter).
You know when it is summer here in Hanover it's much easier to park, I wonder why?

and if they're so environmentally friendly why don't any of the students ever seem to recycle their crap? Just leave it out for the seagulls to get at all the microwave food crap they all eat. :angry:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
seven stands said:
"We are opposing the stadium firstly on environmental grounds, as Sussex is the only university in the country set in an area of outstanding natural beauty.
Oh dear Lordy. That's, um, demonstrably unproveable.

What about... Brighton University?

:thud:

Mind you, luckily for the little diddums, there isn't going to be a stadium built on Sussex University grounds.

Is it just me, or is anyone else concerned for the future of our country when the next generation of the so-called intellectual elite are so sodding thick?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here