[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2023 Season Edition

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Sussex over England.

Welcome to Hove, you cheating bastard. Win us 3 games please.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Is Robinson likely to play in all these early season games, or is there yet another England tour in South Africa that they've managed to sneak in without me noticing?
I hate it when they do that.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
... and, in the last decade, have had two Sussex players banned for betting scams, I'm not sure that we'd have much moral authority to complain.

Besides, I'm really looking forward to see Pujara and Smith batting together
Different schools of thought really. I'm in the 'not happy' camp at the moment. It's an overseas signing for the benefit of the player. Not sure he would come otherwise. It's hardly a 'coup'. He' coming for the practice not 'wearing the badge' like Puj.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Sussex have signed Aussie seam-bowling all-rounder Nathan McAndrew from April til July for 4 day and T20.

Have watched some Sheffield Shield and Colonel Sanders Big Biff, been quite impressed - looks to have a bit about him.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Really do despair at the negativity on this page sometimes.
When you’ve watched some of the rubbish we’ve had to endure over the past few years it’s not easy to be “glass half full”. The likes of Orr and Ibrahim are showing a lot of promise but not sure if they’ve been fully tested yet.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Runs for Charlie Tear in the u19 ODI defeat last night. Wickets for Ibrahim, Lenham and two for Coles.

Yeah. some tidy bowling by Lenham and Coles too - a respectable economy rate. Some of the other bowlers got a bit of tap.

It's amazing that Sussex have four players in the U19 team. I'm looking forward to seeing Fignon's Ponytail lad there in a couple of years time

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Yeah. some tidy bowling by Lenham and Coles too - a respectable economy rate. Some of the other bowlers got a bit of tap.

It's amazing that Sussex have four players in the U19 team. I'm looking forward to seeing Fignon's Ponytail lad there in a couple of years time
Fingers crossed @Gwylan
Pre-season is ramping up nicely - Frankie's just had a 2 day training camp where hes been bowling really well, & he's feeling good after his South Africa tour too, which he topped off nicely with a 101 off 49 balls in the penultimate game in Cape Town to win it 😎
I think its helped having Mike Yardy as the new HC of the U19s as he saw a lot of those boys last season with the Sussex Academy...but, as I keep saying, theres some talented players coming through the ranks at Hove, so they more than deserve to be looked at for England duty.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Haines opening up for the Lions at this very moment against Sri Lanka A
No he's not. He's not playing in this match - it's Jack Haynes of Worcs who's opening

However, James Coles did top score in the England U19 game (and had an economy rate of 1). Dan Ibrahim took three wickets too. The Sussex boys are doing well

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Fingers crossed @Gwylan
Pre-season is ramping up nicely - Frankie's just had a 2 day training camp where hes been bowling really well, & he's feeling good after his South Africa tour too, which he topped off nicely with a 101 off 49 balls in the penultimate game in Cape Town to win it 😎
That sounds like a Frankie innings :D

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
No he's not. He's not playing in this match - it's Jack Haynes of Worcs who's opening

However, James Coles did top score in the England U19 game (and had an economy rate of 1). Dan Ibrahim took three wickets too. The Sussex boys are doing well
cricinfo definitely had him up earlier!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
cricinfo definitely had him up earlier!

Sri Lanka A​

• Avishka Fernando
  • Lasith Croospulle
  • Nuwanidu Fernando
  • Sadeera Samarawickrama(c)(wk)
  • Angelo Mathews
  • Sahan Arachchige