Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2023 Season Edition

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Thought a new thread was probably in order.

So, we seem to have lost the Jayden Seales (West Indian overseas quick) to knee injury. Smith comes in to replace him.

We might get some games out of Archer in the early season if he is going to be in Ashes contention (though he is signed up to play IPL) and I guess Robinson will be allowed to play a match or two.

Pujara again to guide the young bats through another season.

If Haines can get back in the runs we look okay in the batting department with some very good young players starting to make their mark. Hopefully we see more of Carson than we did last year.

An interesting year ahead I reckon.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Happy Archer has returned from injury and seemed to have decent figures in his comeback game. I cannot imagine how tough it must have been for him to be injured for so long.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I've heard about one or two other potential signings which would be exciting for the club if they happen (I have no idea who they are tbh) but obviously I cant mention names.
I think Sussex will start to head in the right direction sooner than later - fingers crossed!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
No IPL contract for Garton and hopefully his fitness issues may be behind him. Could be a big player this year and another good batter.

What does the side look like?

Haines
Orr
Clarke
Smith
Pujara
Alsop
Carter
Garton/Ibrahim
Robinson/Atkins/Karvelas
Carson/Crocombe
Archer/Hunt

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
No IPL contract for Garton and hopefully his fitness issues may be behind him. Could be a big player this year and another good batter.

What does the side look like?

Haines
Orr
Clarke
Smith
Pujara
Alsop
Carter
Garton/Ibrahim
Robinson/Atkins/Karvelas
Carson/Crocombe
Archer/Hunt
V strong batting but simply wont take 20 wickets in enough games when the 'backup' bowlers are playing. I've seen stronger attacks in the sussex league

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Mixed feelings about us giving the cheat a chance to get his eye in on English wickets before the Ashes.

HOWEVER ... I am an almighty hypocrite and the prospect of watching Pujara and Smith against Durham, Yorkshire and Glamorgan in the early home CC games is rather exciting.
Don’t get your hopes up for Smith playing in all those matches

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
So glad Pujara is coming back.

Indeed.

Travis Head's CC summer 2021. 11 innings, 183 Runs, average 18.3 (and that was lot higher than it would have been had he not got his HS of 49* near the end of his tenure)

Pujara's CC summer 2022. 13 innings, 1094 runs, average 109.4.

Marvellous scenes.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Off the field Mark Judges has chosen to move on to a new post as Head of Corporate sales at Portsmouth FC.

Many on here will naturally say Who?, but Mark worked hard at Sussex at the jobs the average fan would rightly have no concept of, and was very good at what he did.

Good luck at Fratton Park old boy.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
V strong batting but simply wont take 20 wickets in enough games when the 'backup' bowlers are playing. I've seen stronger attacks in the sussex league
Not to worry - we’ve got Archie Lenham. :rolleyes:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Mills also signed a 2 year contract extension today for the T20 format.
Oh joy.

Would love to know how much of our budget this sick-note costs us.

Great bowler on his day, and one of the fastest in the world, clearly. But I’d get rid tomorrow.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Oh joy.

Would love to know how much of our budget this sick-note costs us.

Great bowler on his day, and one of the fastest in the world, clearly. But I’d get rid tomorrow.
On that note, is Bopara still contracted for this year?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Would anyone know if Sussex will be playing any games at Arundel this coming season or has that boat left never to return?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here