Quality game. Really enjoyed that.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
One of our better attempts but ... we needed a miracle to chase down 245

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Lots of low scores in todays round of T20's... Sussex predictably doing their bit ... 87-3 off 12

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
It’s absolutely woeful. Budget-wise, we seem to have put all of our eggs into the T20 basket and most of our ‘big performers’ are not bringing value for money. Mills hasn’t been at the races for a couple of seasons. Rashid doesn’t seem to have the same zip about him this year (also, limited value bringing him in half way through the group stages).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think we are going to pinch this one right at the last

Edit : maybe not then

Last edited:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Awful from Finn. I’ve seen absolutely nothing from him to suggest he is a worthwhile signing. No variation and not really any pace these days. He’s bowling at just the right speed and length to be carted into the stands, which has happened at pretty regular intervals.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
The Gloucestershire throw away is really going to hurt. Both teams should be on 8 in the table. May well be academical though. Can’t see Sussex winning the last 4, and even that will probably not be enough.

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London
Finn is woeful, as always. It was painfully obvious that by bringing him on for the last over that we had handed the win to Glamorgan. Pace off was needed, as in my humble opinion it nearly always is. Is Beer injured? Why no Lenham?
Season over and heads just have to roll.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Finn is woeful, as always. It was painfully obvious that by bringing him on for the last over that we had handed the win to Glamorgan. Pace off was needed, as in my humble opinion it nearly always is. Is Beer injured? Why no Lenham?
Season over and heads just have to roll.

I had wondered about Beer too. IMO, we always looked a better T20 side with two out-and-out spinners.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Lenham and Beer both available. Not selected ahead of Rashid and Rawlins. Plus Ravi bowls slow.

I personally would play Beer and an all rounder who bowls pace (Garton if fit, maybe FHP if he’s not) over Ward and Crocombe. Will be a lot more balanced side with 7 bowling options and a deeper batting lineup.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Lenham and Beer both available. Not selected ahead of Rashid and Rawlins. Plus Ravi bowls slow.

I personally would play Beer and an all rounder who bowls pace (Garton if fit, maybe FHP if he’s not) over Ward and Crocombe. Will be a lot more balanced side with 7 bowling options and a deeper batting lineup.

Seems like a waste playing Crocombe and having him only bowl one over. May as well play Haines and have him bowl an over or two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here