Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC- 2022 Season Edition

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Sussex season over they are shite

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Rizwan and Rashid Khan can dig us out of a hole, they’ll have the second half of the Blast to selvage a top 4 place.

But after today they’ll need to be really good. Superhuman almost. One man batting line up right now.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
How to turn a proud T20 county into a laughing stock in just three years. Joke of a performance. If I’d gone I’d want my money back.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
As a Gloucester fan would have preferred to defend last night over this one...

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London
Why do we sign players who other counties obviously have no time for any more?
Rawlins has had his last chance surely.
Singles would have won the game.
Pathetic shot choices.
It peaves me to say but Sussex surely are at their nadir. Simply awful in all forms.
Something needs to change and fast.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The best T20 teams bat deep. We have Mills at 8. A genuine #11.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Alsop will be checking his 3 day old contract carefully tonight...

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Won't be needed when Khan is here.

Rawlins the bowler has great potential. Been excellent with the ball all competition.

He should be batting at number 8 or lower though. Averages 22 in T20’s at 140 strike rate, which is decent. You can’t rely on him to play the match situation though. He’s a pinch hitter who gets lucky until he gifts his wicket away.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
You have to laugh . Only Sussex…..

Kirts not looking happy

Should be looking at himself. I wonder what instructions he gave to our 5-11 batsmen to get us over the line. Only Lenham, aged 17, seemed to know what to do.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Where is Will Beer?

Carrying the drinks! Most wickets for Sussex in T20’s but dropped after a few poor games.

Dropped to keep Lenham in the side who’s been very expensive and hasn’t taken a lot of wickets. Time to drop the 17 year old unfortunately, today can’t been good for his development.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Rawlins the bowler has great potential. Been excellent with the ball all competition.

He should be batting at number 8 or lower though. Averages 22 in T20’s at 140 strike rate, which is decent. You can’t rely on him to play the match situation though. He’s a pinch hitter who gets lucky until he gifts his wicket away.

His bowling has been solid but not spectacular. Might improve but isn't a game-winner.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The major issue is no senior promo that lower middle order. Gloucestershire had Phillips who steadied their batting. If we had had someone with big game experience coming in 7/8 (e.g. Chris Jordan) he could have calmed things down, taken responsibility and likely got us over the line. Instead we had a bunch of kids and bowlers who can’t bat swinging at everything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here