Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely palace can't...

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
He looked good today, and he's very unlucky to give a foul away for that tackle. That was a vital point to stop the rot, Bolasie/Wickham/Gayle/Sako/Puncheon all to return in the next few weeks so things are definitely looking up.

Funny how you've stopped eulogising about Cabaye of late. :D

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There's no way I would drive to Swansea to watch something I could quite easily watch in the comfort of my living room. I don't mind the odd away game, but Wales is a step to far for me.

A) You have a living room? Impressive.
B) Thanks for confirming you're one on the new 10k. Where were you in 2010-2013 when the club needed you?

How quickly times change - the champions league or failure line hasn't been spouted for a while... Where's that pikey women who was on sky sports after they signed Cabaye gone? Top 4 without doubt wasn't it? Would hate to see an admin cheat get top 4 - let alone a double cheat.

Point away at Swansea and they're buzzing again :lol:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
No, they can't. Palace were bloody unlucky today, only some heroic keeping from Lloris and the width of the crossbar (three times) kept Spurs in the game at 1-1. Then Dele Alli goes up the other end and scores the goal of the season.

Palace will be fine and will finish in a similar position to last year, around tenth. If we see any significant January investment (please God, a striker to partner Wickham) then we'll probably make the top 8.

Either way, we're still lightyears ahead of you :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JmA2ClUvUY

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
B) Thanks for confirming you're one on the new 10k. Where were you in 2010-2013 when the club needed you?

How quickly times change - the champions league or failure line hasn't been spouted for a while... Where's that pikey women who was on sky sports after they signed Cabaye gone? Top 4 without doubt wasn't it? Would hate to see an admin cheat get top 4 - let alone a double cheat.

What's your views on Leicester winning the title ?
Everyone's favourites ( including mine) but also previous administration cheats ?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Everyone's favourites ( including mine) but also previous administration cheats ?
They're the same a you lot. Constantly bleating about how hard it's been in the last few years for the fans... while having their debts written off (only once to be fair to them) and remaining in the top two divisions.

Boo hoo.

Hope they win it though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I genuinely can't think of a striker I'd want to see less in my team if we were in a relegation dogfight than Emmanuel Adebayor.

Actually, maybe Maroane Chamakh. The only player I've seen genuinely get up from a header trying to sort out his hair while the ball was STILL IN PLAY.

Who does he play for now?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They're the same a you lot. Constantly bleating about how hard it's been in the last few years for the fans... while having their debts written off (only once to be fair to them) and remaining in the top two divisions.

Boo hoo.

Hope they win it though.
Well Leicester got the cost of their stadium build included in their admin dodge, so they 'did well' there.

Also nothing seems to have been resolved regarding their FFP status for the season they went up yet.

Not a particularly deserving club, I suggest.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I genuinely can't think of a striker I'd want to see less in my team if we were in a relegation dogfight than Emmanuel Adebayor.

Actually, maybe Maroane Chamakh. The only player I've seen genuinely get up from a header trying to sort out his hair while the ball was STILL IN PLAY.

I would normally agree with you on Ade, but I think they have given him a 6 month contract - which means he has something to prove/earn.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Very good, I see what you did there :whistle:

As for relegation dogfight, not quite, but could get dragged in if we don't get a couple of wins sharpish.
Nearer the top 6 than the bottom 3 ATM, so I'm not needing to keep away from any sharp instruments .

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I would normally agree with you on Ade, but I think they have given him a 6 month contract - which means he has something to prove/earn.

For wages, it's a gamble worth taking.
Can be a excellent player IF he wants to be

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

Hopefully this is the case , I think he needs 5/6 more goals to be the top African goalscorer in the premier league . If he achieves this he will be our top scorer ???

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Nearer the top 6 than the bottom 3 ATM

Nearer in points, but not in places.

I can see the bottom three remaining where they are now as they seem to be the three worst teams in the division now that Newcastle look like they are digging their way out. Things do seem to be going rather to true Pardew form though. His psychobabble motivation nonsense usually works at first, but bad results do tend to lead to someone in the squad saying 'The king is in the altogether,' and then things come apart at the seams.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015

I would love to know how you come up with that? Because away matches are not really for me, especially driving to Wales. I assume you go to every away game then? As much as I love my I'm not willing to devote 10-12 hours to watching it, especially when it includes an eight hour drive.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Sheebo what is it with people these days needing to demonstrate their super fan status ?? Ive got a season ticket at Brighton so try to go to every game, but when i was still living in London and going chelsea regularly i didnt even go to every home game let alone every away game !! Thats just the way it was back then for lots of people , at ALL clubs , you went to games as and when you could , whether thats got anything to do with the fact you could turn up and pay on the day back then i dont know ,and a lot of the time i had better things to do than watch chelsea v blackburn on a freezing cold january night , but there certainly wasnt this bollocks where people would be accused of being a JCL or a let down because they didnt fancy a 12 hour trip to a godforsaken shithole in Wales.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sheebo what is it with people these days needing to demonstrate their super fan status ?? Ive got a season ticket at Brighton so try to go to every game, but when i was still living in London and going chelsea regularly i didnt even go to every home game let alone every away game !! Thats just the way it was back then for lots of people , at ALL clubs , you went to games as and when you could , whether thats got anything to do with the fact you could turn up and pay on the day back then i dont know ,and a lot of the time i had better things to do than watch chelsea v blackburn on a freezing cold january night , but there certainly wasnt this bollocks where people would be accused of being a JCL or a let down because they didnt fancy a 12 hour trip to a godforsaken shithole in Wales.

I was winding the Nigel up mate - don't do many aways myself these days - just a reminder they gained 10k after their lucky promotion after 2 yrs of accusing us of the same thing when we finally got a stadium (yes the irony and yes they're not comparable...)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Well they didn't do it twice at least so want them to win. Thanks for asking :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I would love to know how you come up with that? Because away matches are not really for me, especially driving to Wales. I assume you go to every away game then? As much as I love my I'm not willing to devote 10-12 hours to watching it, especially when it includes an eight hour drive.

Nibble nibble Nigel :lol:

Nah I can't afford the time or money for away days these days mate - family stuff more important now :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd feel happier for them if they hadn't cheated, but still, this is bigger than just them, this is something special for the whole league, so I'd still like them to win.

Re Palace though, no chance they'll go down sadly, there are others in total free-fall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here