Supporters' bar/beer update

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not sure which bar :-(

I would settle for any of those though. As long as it is not Fosters/Stella/1664 - the 3 most boring lagers in the world

Cooking lager/wife beater/French crap

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
sounds ideal to me. hophead and harveys, forsters and heineken, plus a cider and, by the sounds of it, a nicer lager like staropramen. something there for everyone surely?

ponce alert. will proper coffee be available for proper coffee drinkers? personally, i enjoy a nice espresso as well as booze (not at the same time though). not complaining like... but if decent coffee was available i would have thought the club would shift a fair amount of it.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
sounds ideal to me. hophead and harveys, forsters and heineken, plus a cider and, by the sounds of it, a nicer lager like staropramen. something there for everyone surely?

ponce alert. will proper coffee be available for proper coffee drinkers? personally, i enjoy a nice espresso as well as booze (not at the same time though). not complaining like... but if decent coffee was available i would have thought the club would shift a fair amount of it.

Didn't one of the Bloom family once own a string of coffee shops? Think it was Tony's neice.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Sounds good. But let's get the scrumpy flowing.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
I am going to see Elliott Moore, the catering manager, very soon, and on all our behalfs will bring up the question of quality lagers and real cider - not just in the supporters' bar but all round the stadium. Outside of the real ales, which have been negotiated on a separate contract, Heineken-Fosters have the pouring rights, but/and I know that all concerned are really keen to go with customer preference - as long as it is backed up in sales figures of course - and they are aware that it's not just the ale drinkers who want something other than the obvious two. More when I've seen/spoken to Elliott, hopefully next week. Same goes for coffee - I am absolutely with you there, when I'm driving I am an expresso fiend :)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
@les dynham, I agree coffee is a good idea but it always takes ages to serve. Or are they going to have so many staff that this wont be a problem?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Right, on the basis that it is Heineken who are supplying the beers, except the real ales, the draught cider is likely to be Strongbow, or if you you are lucky Scrumpy Jack. It would seem the only way you apple lovers are going to get a different cider to these two, is if Heineken are willing to do a similar thing to what they have done with the ales.

From Butterball's post:

I am told:

Bud on tap
Hooegarden
Staropramen
Bottled selection including Singha and Duvel

None of these are Heineken products so it would seem to me unlikely that Heineken would stock them. Especially Bud and Star as they would just be supplying competition for their own products. So the likely other drinks found at Falmer will be from this list, all of which are Heineken brands:

Tiger, Amstel, Jacques, Newcastle Brown Ale, Deuchars IPA, Murphy's, Sagres, Zywiec, McEwan's, Birra Moretti, Woodpecker, Scrumpy Jack and Symonds Founders Reserve

Finally, for you stout drinkers there will probably be no Guinness, it will be Murphy's. Heineken have been pushing Murphy's hard for quite a while now and I suspect that with the other concessions they have made they will insist on this.

All of this is speculation on what I know from dealing with Heineken, no insider knowledge from the club, so feel free to prove me wrong if you have better information.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I am going to see Elliott Moore, the catering manager, very soon, and on all our behalfs will bring up the question of quality lagers and real cider
I know that all concerned are really keen to go with customer preference - as long as it is backed up in sales figures of course
May I suggest a poll on the subject:
So the likely other drinks found at Falmer will be from this list, all of which are Heineken brands:

Tiger, Amstel, Jacques, Newcastle Brown Ale, Deuchars IPA, Murphy's, Sagres, Zywiec, McEwan's, Birra Moretti, Woodpecker, Scrumpy Jack and Symonds Founders Reserve
So if it has been confirmed that Heineken have the pouring rights, have a poll with the brands that Heineken own. If that's not been confirmed yet, have a poll more along the lines of which Brewer we'd like, with the brands each include.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Duvel! Then we are truly blessed!
duvel.jpg

Nectar Of The Gods :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports