Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Superb Cyclist v Land Rover road rage

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
That car driver is an absolute nutcase. He shouldn't be walking the streets let alone driving a car

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
So you a cyclist feel the same way about pedestrians, dogs and prams as we motorists feel about cyclist.

What a load of bollocks. I've driven over 25000 miles in the last year, I am a motorist. Ive managed that without endangering any cyclists. Whereas I would be endangering stray toddlers and dogs if I cycled on a shared use path.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It wasn't clear whether the cycle lane was two-way or only for cycles coming the other way. Certainly no cyclists seemed to be using it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Isn't it strange how all of a sudden, How aggressive cyclists have become since they started wearing Helmet Cams!.
I guess people apologising to each other is asking too much!.

On a side note, Maybe issuing fixed penalties to cyclists not using Bike lanes where they are clearly provided!.
I.e Rottingdean to Saltdean!.

Have they become more aggressive or do we have more exposure to those who are being aggressive because of the cameras? The road rage incidents are more likely to occur when cyclists are being aggressive so we are more likely to see those who are aggressive and the more passive cyclists are less likely to come to our attention.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Well along the London Rd Cyclists have not only a cycle path both sides of the road they also have the road if they wish but the Idiots still ride along the pavement when both the other choices are fecking empty forcing pedestrians out of their way

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
NSFW……beacoup swearing C word heavy

Abuse aside……Is there any reason why we should build more cycle paths when given the option cycle path or road some cyclists are happy to use the road as the preferred option

obv no. cycle paths are designed by,and for, motorists; they go from nowhere to nowhere, no shit sherlock:mad:
not even wrongun drives on roads he doesn't wanna, and he's just a bathroom fitter :facepalm:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Isn't it strange how all of a sudden, How aggressive cyclists have become since they started wearing Helmet Cams!.
I guess people apologising to each other is asking too much!.

On a side note, Maybe issuing fixed penalties to cyclists not using Bike lanes where they are clearly provided!.
I.e Rottingdean to Saltdean!.

not as an aside, how about prosecuting you for speeding, and a fair chance of phone abuse sir, hmm?
fine, attitude problem, fail to pay, prison, hmm;

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Is that why they insist on riding in a pack of 3x3 rather than riding single file - they are just pretending to be a car.

Seriously...The only thing I took from this video apart from the fact they both need a little more sleep (who isn't a little crabby when they don't get enough sleep) is that the "offending" cyclist couldn't be arsed to check over his shoulder when over taking another bike at the beginning of the film. If he'd done that in front of me I might have got a little annoyed (but then I get enough sleep).

tee hee. you are funny. and you're not clever either

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Was originally making a joke... but if you insist on biting... I shall retort.

Courtesy works both ways and riding in a wide rather than long formation, slower than the prevailing traffic speed, is not being courteous and yet it seems to happen whenever there are 2 or more cyclists together. Simple innit!

jokes are funny tho.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Did consider that but it seemed unlikely to me because it captured the motorists face so much... suggesting it was at the same height and consistent with being a helmet cam. (IMO)

your opinion is entirely informed and therefore, worthless

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Fair point, but not impossible for said fatties to perform the same maneuver as a typical tractor-riding farmer and pull in every once in a while... you know... out of courtesy to the queue of traffic he's created.

Frankly, I have no axe to grind. At the end of the day, I don't consider myself a motorist or a cyclist as I work 5 minutes walk from home, pass a supermarket on the way and take a train to Falmer, so I'm more of a pedestrian than anything, I can genuinely go weeks without even seeing our car (parked down a side road) - therefore it is my sworn duty to wear headphones and be glued to my phone at all times, stepping out randomly into the road to p1ss off cyclists and car drivers in equal measure.

you are beautiful person. thanks for joining in

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The driver was a weapons grade cockjuggler, but cyclists with headcams do seem to be quite chippy. Almost like they're SPOLIING for a fight cos they know they can FB/Youtube it all later, and maybe go viral on Daily Mail Online.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
:bowdown: First time, I took that to mean he wanted "queensbury rules" fisticuffs and wanted him to drop the bike... and put 'em up (to use old fashioned language).

I shall however concede. Think you might be right.

there's no might be; you were obviously wrong from the hey ho. you need to think BEFORE you ACT, and type

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Ha.... eat that @Yoda.... I knew I was right.

attachment.php

read it again monkey boy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here