Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Superb Cyclist v Land Rover road rage

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yawn. This is at least 6 months old and I can't see the debate being any different.

I'll summarise

Why don't cyclists use the cycle lanes?
Why aren't motorists more patient?
Why are cyclists such Lycra clad Eco warrior wankers?
Why are motorists such hot headed psycho death machine driving twats?
Why don't cyclists pay road tax
There is no such thing as road tax

Repeat ad infinium

Well summarised.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
How can you reason with someone dressed like that that isn't mincing around in the tour de France

:facepalm: Like i say, clothes are unconnected with logic; and also there's no mincing on the tour.

just as an aside, have you done ya gas safe yet, or are ya still tiling

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Woman who used turbo charged 4x4 as a ‘weapon’ and ran it into autistic cyclist jailed for three years

A woman who tried to run down an autistic cyclist in Kingston-upon-Thames and ended up ploughing into a hair salon has been jailed for three years. Natalie Pyne was found guilty of attempted grievous bodily harm after a jury ruled that she deliberately tried to drive her Audi Q7 4x4 into Simon Edgely with whom she had been arguing.

Pyne got out of her car to argue with Edgley following an alleged near miss on Park Road on June 7, 2014. A witness described the cyclist “kicking the car in quite a comical manner” while a teenage boy in Pyne’s Audi shouted at him. After Edgley started to cycle off, Pyne reversed before driving towards him and into the Park Salon.

The court heard that she had five children in the car when the incident took place. Edgley’s bike was left mangled after the collision, but he escaped with only minor injuries.

Opponents of Waltham Forest Mini Holland scheme have case thrown out of court
Prosecutor James Lofthouse said: “[Pyne] intended to cause Mr Edgley very serious harm. She was reckless. She got back into the car, in anger, the red mist descended and she chose to drive into Mr Edgley.”

AdTech Ad
Judge Susan Tapping described Pyne as having been ‘out of control’ reports The Surrey Comet (link is external). “I have given considerable consideration to your circumstances,” she said. “You deliberately used your car as a weapon.”

Pyne had claimed that her car malfunctioned before she clipped Edgley and went through the bay window of the salon, causing more than £25,000 worth of damage. In a statement taken by police after the accident and read out by Lofthouse, Pyne said she had been having problems with the car and had also felt threatened by Edgley’s behaviour.

However, traffic officer PC Peter Traylor said he could find “no fault” with the car. “I tried lots of different scenarios to try and [get the car] to do what the lady had told us it had done. The car's fail safe system would not let me do it,” he said.

The court also heard that Pyne had previous driving-related convictions, having been convicted of dangerous driving for drunkenly driving at more than 70mph on the wrong side of the road in January 2009. At that time, she was disqualified from driving for 12 months and given a suspended sentence. On this occasion, she has also been handed a four-year driving ban.

Reacting to the verdict, Edgely said: “I don’t want a mother of six going to prison, because that’s on my conscience. Since the accident I haven’t been able to go out. I’ve managed for a while [to cycle], until I met three motor vehicles at a roundabout and haven’t since. I don’t know if I ever will again.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here