Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sunderland BAN coins and STEAL away supporters money!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
seriously though, whats wrong with using CCTV to identify and act on anyone throwing coins, rather than blanket accuse a few thousand fans? there seems to be a lot of police and stewarding available but unwilling to act.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A bit of an overreaction as I cant imagine there will actually be much money to confiscate up there.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Who still carries cash FFS? Dinosaurs.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
They've had a few nasty incidents in the previous few home games - it has been coins, lighters, e-cigs that have been thrown down from above. I think it would be easier to move the away fans at the SoL back to the lower tier at the other end of the ground, where they used to be.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
"How on earth are they going to check every fan?"

New slogan for Sunderland Police: We're coppers looking for coppers.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I always thought it was wrong that they banned bottle tops to reduce the damage a bottle could do when things like coins could be taken in as the latter will do a lot more damage. There has been a resurgence of coin throwing at many grounds so if this stops it then its the correct decision. Being on an upper tier does not help but moving to a lower tier won't stop the problem.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Lots of people.

Our typical match day involves a taxi to the pub paid for by cash. Whip in the pub paid for by cash. Taxi to the ground paid for by cash. Taxi home paid for by cash.

In fact the only time cash isn't used is at the ground because we've got no choice now.
Easily resolved though isn't , rather than give your mate the cash just transfer him the money and then pay with a card.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here