Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer 2015 transfer window thread

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Derby now apparently 'close' to signing Tom Ince for £4.5 million and Jason Shackell for £2 million.. They've already spent an 'undisclosed fee' on Scott Carson, £2 million on Weimann and undoubtedly some big wages/signing on fees on Bent et al. With no parachute payments, how are they planning on staying in line with FFP? Or have they just gone 'ah **** it, they don't have the balls to do anything anyway'?

Bridcutt likely for c£2m too I think.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Derby now apparently 'close' to signing Tom Ince for £4.5 million and Jason Shackell for £2 million.. They've already spent an 'undisclosed fee' on Scott Carson, £2 million on Weimann and undoubtedly some big wages/signing on fees on Bent et al. With no parachute payments, how are they planning on staying in line with FFP? Or have they just gone 'ah **** it, they don't have the balls to do anything anyway'?
Strewth.

If they listened to NSC, they'd think the transfer window doesn't open until July 1

I will meltdown if they sign Zamora.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ameobi I'd expect.

Oh.

Another winger from Newcastle United, overshadowed by his more successful older brother, and who occasionally shows flashes of brilliance (but not very often, and certainly not consistently) and doesn't score many goals? KLL Mkll then - just a lot taller.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Blooming hope not. We've had our fair share of dead wood. Every time i've seen him play, he's nothing we havent seen before.
If he was unknown to us and playing in a foreign league, we'd be ******* ourselves silly over a young flair player like him based on nothing other than his YouTube show reel.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007

The true definition of a Club "going for it", good luck to them. Certainly be interesting to see how much outside of FFP they end up? Unless they are going to sell Hughes for a huge amount of Wonga!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The true definition of a Club "going for it", good luck to them. Certainly be interesting to see how much outside of FFP they end up? Unless they are going to sell Hughes for a huge amount of Wonga!

Isn't this season the first where you can lose up to £33m over 3 years?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I don't think they will. There's a significant increase in next year's FFP to £13m - which will then go to £39m over 3 seasons starting season 16/17 - and, as far as accountancy is concerned, the cost of all those transfer fees will be spread over the course of the players 3-4 year contract. For a well run club like Derby, who don't have the millstone of Premier League legacy contracts and wages to honor, an allowable loss of 13m a year can go a long way if there is someone prepared to stump up the cash.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Ah yes I forgot about the changes, though I wasn't sure whether they kicked in this financial year? Either way at the moment you have to say Derby will be one of the favs to go up. That might change by the end of the window but we shall see, but they are setting the bar.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
image.jpg

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
http://mobile.seagulls.co.uk/news/a...gns-for-brighton-and-hove-albion-2504515.aspx

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton has made Liam Rosenior his first summer signing, with the former Tiger joining the Seagulls on a three-year contract.

The versatile 30-year-old left Hull City at the end of the season after five years on Humberside - during which time he helped the Tigers win promotion to the Premier League and reach the FA Cup final in 2014.

The former England under-21 international - who's the son of former player and manager, and now BBC pundit, Leroy Rosenior - also played 92 times for Fulham during their time in the top flight in a four-year spell at Craven Cottage.
Hughton said, "We are delighted to have brought Liam in as our first summer signing. He's a terrific professional, has a wealth of experience - which is something that is important for us - and during our negotiations showed a great desire to join us and be part of this club, despite some attractive options elsewhere.

"He's played at lot of games in the Premier League, is an extremely versatile defender, and can play at left or right full-back."

Rosenior began his career at Bristol City, and having broken into the first team at Ashton Gate, he was bought by Fulham in 2003, then in the Premier League.

He spent time on loan at Torquay United, where dad Leroy was manager, before returning to West London and establishing himself as a regular in the Fulham side.

After four years at Craven Cottage he joined Reading in 2007, where he had a three-year stay, although the last season of his spell was spent on loan at Ipswich Town.

In 2010 he joined Hull City, and in his four years on Humberside helped the Tigers win promotion, retain their position in the Premier League and played in the 2014 FA Cup final.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Not sure if we're close to another signing but I've just seen 2 people being driven up to the training ground in the back of a 4 wheel drive, didn't get a good look at who he was but the female alongside him had that definite footballers wife/girlfriend look about her.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not sure if we're close to another signing but I've just seen 2 people being driven up to the training ground in the back of a 4 wheel drive, didn't get a good look at who he was but the female alongside him had that definite footballers wife/girlfriend look about her.

:thumbsup:

victoria_beckham_2003022.jpg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What a great 2 signings, and perhaps the 2 we really needed before pre-season.

The key is now to get the rest before the Forest match :

2 defenders ( either 2 CB, or 1 CB + 1 LB )
1 GK to enable Walton to have a season on loan
1 winger
1 AT Mid ( Tex replacement ). A Seb Blanco loan has been rumoured.

Along with replacements if necessary for :

Colunga ( striker/winger - I assume Murphy )
COG ( Zamora? )

Dunk, if sold.

And any other leavers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here