Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer 2015 transfer window thread

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Transfer Centre 9‏@TransferCentre9·24m24 minutes ago
Brighton are expected to sign Middlesbrough player Lee Tomlin in the next couple of days #BHAFC #MFC #boro

These rumour sites get more and more far fetched everyday!!!

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
The only Hacks on twitter that I'll listen to is Naylor/Owen and Amy Lewis - any others I'll take with a pinch of salt regarding Brighton trfs.

if she starts tweeting this then I'll take notice!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The only Hacks on twitter that I'll listen to is Naylor/Owen and Amy Lewis - any others I'll take with a pinch of salt regarding Brighton trfs.

if she starts tweeting this then I'll take notice!

Who's Amy Lewis, and why is she to be trusted?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Who's Amy Lewis, and why is she to be trusted?

She's who I quoted when I started the Liam Rosenior thread, she also tweeted yesterday about Hemed costing close to a Million. So like Peter O'Rourke, she's someone worth following.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Watford supposedly in for Rudy Gestede from Blackburn, who also seem on the verge of selling Tom Cairney to Fulham.

If they let Rhodes go too, it could be a long cold winter at Ewood Park (anybody know how many parachute payments they have left?).

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Watford supposedly in for Rudy Gestede from Blackburn, who also seem on the verge of selling Tom Cairney to Fulham.

If they let Rhodes go too, it could be a long cold winter at Ewood Park (anybody know how many parachute payments they have left?).

Not 100% certain but I think they've got 1 more year left at £12million a season. Actually it might be £16 million as £12 a season was for clubs relegated in 2009/10 and Blackburn were relegated 11/12 season and another article about them signing Rhodes talks about them getting £16 million. This is their 4th season in the Championship so the final season of any payment anyway.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

One. They came down with Bolton and, like Bolton, have made huge losses each year.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Not 100% certain but I think they've got 1 more year left at £12million a season. Actually it might be £16 million as £12 a season was for clubs relegated in 2009/10 and Blackburn were relegated 11/12 season and another article about them signing Rhodes talks about them getting £16 million. This is their 4th season in the Championship so the final season of any payment anyway.

2015-16 will, indeed, be their 4th and final payment; it will be in the region of £10 million.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
In the argus today :

Hughton still wants a LeftBack, and another Striker ( amongst others ).

So,

- Rosenior was NOT our LeftBack singing.

- Does Murphy count as a striker or a winger ? ???

- I suppose the uncertainty over Dunk is delaying our Central Defender purchase(s).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is Tomlin any good ? ???

Can't say I've particularly noticed him before.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Think he only played about 20 league games for them last season, not sure if that was through form or injury.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

It's OK, they still have Leon Best!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
In the argus today :

Hughton still wants a LeftBack, and another Striker ( amongst others ).

So,

- Rosenior was NOT our LeftBack singing.

- Does Murphy count as a striker or a winger ? ???

- I suppose the uncertainty over Dunk is delaying our Central Defender purchase(s).

We need another one anyway even if he stays.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
I'm reliably told that the Tomlin rumour is rubbish. Middlesbrough rate him very highly and is technically the most skill full player at the club. Also they are building and not looking to sell anybody.

However, the same 'source' told me that there might be something in the Buckley rumour, although he hasn't heard anything specific himself. He tells me that Buckley was a no risk Poyet signing and isn't considered good enough. They are looking to move him on.

I'd question whether we could afford him even if we were in for him.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Bournemouth have bid £2m for Glen Murray (talksport).

Norwich also interested.
Norwich appear overloaded with strikers.
Would not mind Gary Hooper (and Elliot Bennet).

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Whilst Bmuff spend £8m on a defender that cannot defend, the other promoted team are .....

"The Sun also reports that Watford are favourites to sign Joey Barton following his release by QPR."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here