It's just embarassing!
Anyone else agree?

first post on NSC........

First season at the Amex?

What do they sing at Stamford Bridge?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I agree - let's only sing realist chants.

"We're quite good...and then we're not"

"My old man said be a Palace fan, actually no he did not"

"When I was just a little boy, I asked my mother what shall I be - shall I be Brighton shall I be Palace here's what she said to me:
Well, seeing as you've been a Brighton fan since you've been 5 I think probably Brighton
Now go get your father's socks. They've got a hole in them."

"Oh the lads you should have seen us running. Everyone was being sick 'cause we're too unfit"

"There's no-one there, there's someone there, there's no-one there...no, not there - I meant there behind you. The spare seat. That's the one"

I like it. The John Osborne school of football chanting.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I think it's great! Especially at Cardiff on Wednesday nite! What a shite first post!

I heard a number of Cardiff fans were most impressed by the chant as well

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think it's great! Especially at Cardiff on Wednesday nite! What a shite first post!

Exactly !

Brilliant when first coined at Peterborough away last season as it just summed up perfectly the wonderment we all felt that day, and the same was true again on Wednesday night.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
Clearly the OP has never been in the middle of the crowd when we're singing it! It makes a great atmosphere and sums up how we all feel about the team and the way we're playing at the moment :)

Horsham by the Sea

Apr 29, 2011
Stirling , Scotland

gotta love that.. Gus is superb.. funny story though.. after the game I was standing outside the east stand and as the Blackpool fans walked past about 10 x 6-10 year olds lads startied singing.. were fuc*ing brilliant were fuc*ing brilliant.. the blackpool fans were pissing themselves.. then one of the dads walked over and said boys no more Fuc*ing but you can say Bloody.. they all then sang together were bloody brilliant etc.. made me chuckle.. these are our future fans.. just like you an me... this is what its all about.

roast

Aug 20, 2011
Thanks for all the replies, I was in fact trying to prove a point to my wife.
Let me explain....
I was telling her how great the atmosphere is at the Amex, I happened to mention this chant to my wife, she wasn't impressed and said it was arrogant and stupid, there was no telling her, this post was my last resort as*I tried to explain but it fell on deaf ears, now I have shown her the replies she said she sorts of understands, I don't believe her.

Anyway thanks for helping me out!
Oh and thanks for the abuse which I sort of expected, but it was worth it!

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Thanks for all the replies, I was in fact trying to prove a point to my wife.
Let me explain....
I was telling her how great the atmosphere is at the Amex, I happened to mention this chant to my wife, she wasn't impressed and said it was arrogant and stupid, there was no telling her, this post was my last resort as*I tried to explain but it fell on deaf ears, now I have shown her the replies she said she sorts of understands, I don't believe her.

Anyway thanks for helping me out!
Oh and thanks for the abuse which I sort of expected, but it was worth it!

Grow some bollocks fella!

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
Is there any need for the "chant"
"We are f***ing brilliant"?
It's just embarassing!
Anyone else agree?

No i don't agree - because we are 'f**king brilliant' and apparently the Cardiff fans liked the chant, however what is f**king embarrassing is that dumb chant people keep coming out with at away games 'You're too ugly too be gay' :facepalm::annoyed: like lets all announce to the world that we're a bunch of poofters but we're good looking! Doh!:eek:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
'You're too ugly too be gay'

Good shout. I'd missed that one. How about instead:

'You're not too ugly to be gay but unlikely to be evidenced by your earlier homophobic chanting unless you are in denial with your sexuality in which case stop perpetuating this myth as it does no-one an favours'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here