Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strong rumour (Re: January Sales)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Rhodes is 23 and scored 87 in 149 before Blackburn and 43 in 68 for them. He is better than Ulloa and a lot younger.

I disagree. He has the potential to be a better player, but isn't at the moment. The majority of Rovers fans say he has a limited game but can't argue with his goal return. For me Ulloa is much better with the ball at his feet and linking play up.

Aug 23, 2011
I would be surprised if Hull have offered £6m for anyone considering that their record signing was just over £5m and that was made this summer for Huddlestone. I am not saying they wont, but I would be very surprised.

We made our record signing with Buckley only to smash that with CMS a month later

Aug 23, 2011
Which explains why you are posting on here and not a football manager. WHU have bid £7m, and Saints said £8m so your estimation of his value is way over the top, or is that his value on FM.

The 7-8m probably partly represents little/no sell on value as at 31 he's not likely to have more than 4 seasons left. If he was younger he would be worth 10m+

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If Southampton could get Danny Ings with the proceeds of selling Lambert, they'd have done brilliantly. He's from Southampton area too. Could see it happening.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Well if we are in the" FFP "game rather than the "having a good go at getting up " game, then selling the two of them for around £8million will please mr barber and the bean counters no end. We can replace bidders with JFC and ulloa with solly march.

Exciting times ahead

Mr Burke .....make it so.

What??

How would Solly replace Ulloa?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Ulloa is not worth £ 6m. He has played Championship football and second division football in Spain and is 27. He is good but £ 4m would be a good offer. He can fire us up to the premier league and would be impossible to replace so Bloom would not sell but at £ 6m he may have to consider as that is silly money and a £ 4m profit.

If a club was to offer £4m and we didn't sell then that player is worth more than £4m so if we are unwilling to think about selling until we have a minimum bid of £6m then yes, he is worth £6m.

We don't have to sell, so why would we accept a lesser amount just because it fits in with your personal valuation of a player? Was Zaha really worth £10m or was it a case of his value was talked up to such an extent that Man Utd overpaid for a player. We arn't a small club anymore and we need to stop thinking our players arn't worth that much and to take low offers which are potentially less than the value of the player to us if he stayed.

We'd be mugs to take £4m Ulloa but i don't believe it's anything more than fan speculation and rumour

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
If Southampton could get Danny Ings with the proceeds of selling Lambert, they'd have done brilliantly. He's from Southampton area too. Could see it happening.

Crikey, that's a good shout. I guess it would be a smashin' example of freshening Ings up at The Stains...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here