Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strong rumour (Re: January Sales)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I find that, more often than not, threads which attract 100+ posts in less than 4 hours usually end up coming to fruition. A sad omen, and I hope he stays but we can and will hold our own with him gone, especially with the money his transfer brings in.

Countless player transfer rumours on here, and other football forums too. It's the nature of the game. Most carry very little weight and I tend to ignore them. I just get a feeling that this Bridcutt one is likely to be true though. Ticks too many boxes unfortunately.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can fully understand the Bridcutt deal at £3m which I think is a good return. Ulloa at £6m isnt so good unless OG has somebody else from Spain lined up like Michu who only cost Swansea £2m. Surprised no mention of interest in Kuszczak who would be the most difficult to replace and we couldnt rly on eiother Brezovan or Ankergren or any interest in Upson, a proven Premier defender but a little old now and slow now.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Found this on Face Book !
Make what you will of it !!!
image.jpg

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Possibly the right price for Ulloa but not £3m for Liam more like £5m !!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Why WOULDN'T he want to go to Sunderland?

The worst case scenario sees him back in the Championship next season on much higher wages, at a bigger club with a better chance of getting promoted.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ulloa is not worth £ 6m. He has played Championship football and second division football in Spain and is 27. He is good but £ 4m would be a good offer. He can fire us up to the premier league and would be impossible to replace so Bloom would not sell but at £ 6m he may have to consider as that is silly money and a £ 4m profit.

Jordan Rhodes - £8m. Case closed.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Rhodes is 23 and scored 87 in 149 before Blackburn and 43 in 68 for them. He is better than Ulloa and a lot younger.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
with Andrews on loan and Ince with 6 months left of contract
still not happy with bridcutt leaving let alone ulloa

Aug 23, 2011
I can fully understand the Bridcutt deal at £3m which I think is a good return. Ulloa at £6m isnt so good unless OG has somebody else from Spain lined up like Michu who only cost Swansea £2m. Surprised no mention of interest in Kuszczak who would be the most difficult to replace and we couldnt rly on eiother Brezovan or Ankergren or any interest in Upson, a proven Premier defender but a little old now and slow now.

Upson is probably too old for it to be worth someone buying him. He wasn't exactly snapped up by premiership clubs in the summer which is good for us

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could OG unearth another Michu or Ulloa from his Spanish contacts at a much cheaper price than the corresponding player would cost if already in English football.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Speculation in todays papers that West Ham are going to bid £7m - £8m for Ricky Lambert so on that assumption £6m for Ulloa would sound quit good, but I still wouldn't accept it.

Aug 23, 2011
Speculation in todays papers that West Ham are going to bid £7m - £8m for Ricky Lambert so on that assumption £6m for Ulloa would sound quit good, but I still wouldn't accept it.

Sounds a bit light for lambert for a striker who scores 1 in 3 in the premier league. I suppose he's 31 now but can't see why he'd leave to go to west ham as he plays regularly for southampton and they aren't in relegation danger

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Could OG unearth another Michu or Ulloa from his Spanish contacts at a much cheaper price than the corresponding player would cost if already in English football.

I'm probably boring people by saying it now, but I have every faith that Garcia, Burke and the scouting network could bring in some really exciting players with 3-4 million to play with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here