Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strong rumour (Re: January Sales)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I suppose we will only sell providing we can get replacements where required.

We need a winger, Bridcutt can now be covered off by Andrews or Ince.

Losing Ulloa or Barnes or both I would have thought can only happen if we have other options very quickly available.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So, to update, Ulloa to Hull, Barnes to Burnley, Bridcutt and Buckley, to Sunderland,if I bring my boots will I get a game against Brum?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Iv'e maintained for a few weeks, it's 5M to Sunderland...as iv'e said, i hope i am wrong, but the source seemed fairly sound.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Bridcutt yes we can replace him, Ulloa on the other hand would be like shooting ourselves in the foot unless an immediate replacement is brought in without delay

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I have absolutely no inside info whatsoever, complete guess, but I'm inclined to believe the Bridcutt rumour. Mainly because:

Clearly loves playing for Gus.
Premiership move.
Massive crowds and big shop window, even if they do end up going down.
Possibility he doesn't quite fit into Oscars plans in the same way he did with Gus?
His position here can now be covered so club might be keen to cash in whilst his stock his high.
His heart doesn't quite seem to be in it here since returning from injury (admittedly that could be rustiness/lack of match fitness).

The Ulloa rumour I'm less inclined to believe. Mainly because I don't think we can afford to lose him right now as we have no cover and he's a key member of the team. Unless of course we already have a replacement lined up.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sunderland are a big club, I'd suggest that if they we're relegated they'd be almost certain to come straight back up. Parachute payments and 40k crowds are a very useful asset in our division. Bridcutt was molded into the player that he is by Gus and would find it difficult to turn down the offer to play for him again. Is he good enough for the PL? Yes I think so, he is also still on the upgrade. If the money is right for us Bridcutt will go....£3m seems about right.

Ulloa going would be a huge disappointment and unless a stupid offer from a completely desperate source (West Ham, Fulham maybe) comes in I can't see Bloom wanting to jeopardise a possible return on his investment for the rumoured £6m that Hull have offered.

Buckley was mentioned as a transfer target for Sunderland. I think his latest injury may have put that on the back burner.

Barnes going would upset me, I love his aggression. A bid of £1.5m is starting to get towards his worth and would worry me. He'd probably be sold if Burney or Wolves could afford that, especially with CMS showing signs of recovery. I'd expect any deal regarding Barnes would happen later on in the month.

Bridcutt to Sunderland- Yes at £3m
Ulloa to Hull- No
Buckley to Sunderland- No
Barnes to Burnley- Yes at £1.5m

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sunderland are a big club, I'd suggest that if they we're relegated they'd be almost certain to come straight back up

I disagree I could see them spending a few seasons in the Championship just like others once relegated.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I find that, more often than not, threads which attract 100+ posts in less than 4 hours usually end up coming to fruition. A sad omen, and I hope he stays but we can and will hold our own with him gone, especially with the money his transfer brings in.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
As this could well be the 100th post of this particular thread I thought it might be timely to point out the bleeding obvious ....

IT'S A FECKING RUMOUR FFS!!!

Some of you are talking like they're all done deals.

In fact, in Bridcutt's case it's the same rumour that has been doing the rounds for weeks and weeks, it's nothing new, why all the stress?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here