Stop this nonsense of Covid passports, ID and masks

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
You said Sweden were out of Covid……

‘They think it’s all over’

It isn’t[/QUOTE)

I did not say Sweden was out of Covid. In all probability the world will never be entirely free of it. We need to live with it, as we do with flu, and not let it control our lives.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sweden with virtually no lockdown and few restrictions came out of this thing with fewer deaths per million than the UK. I cannot believe that the great British public permitted its freedom to be taken away for eighteen months as a result of listening to a bunch of crackpot scientists.

It isn’t[/QUOTE)

I did not say Sweden was out of Covid. In all probability the world will never be entirely free of it. We need to live with it, as we do with flu, and not let it control our lives.

:shrug::shrug:

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

It isn’t[/QUOTE)

You are letting it control your life.

The rest of us are getting back to normal.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
So why the list of stupid rules which made us feel like a bunch of 12 year olds? Personally I'd like to be treated like an adult and make my own decisions. That's the way life used to be.

We live in a society which is held together by rules some of which are 'stupid' but they are inherent in maintaining that structure so your ability to make decisions is already limited though could of course choose to transgress the laws.

If you are see this as some 'stupid' rule what's your opinion on being patted down to prove you don't have a weapon when entering the ground.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I think its sensible. Think its a bit naive to believe that this season is going to be normal. I could easily see this dirty virus coming back to **** everything up one last time. Measures like the ones the club is taking could help to delay/prevent that.

Is the correct answer! Sure it's a pain but it's potentially for our benefit.

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
You aren't sharing your medical records, don't worry the club aren't going to find out about that dose of the clap you came back from Ibiza with in 1994.

yeah, shouldn't have said medical records. it's vaccination status and tracking movement of individuals. see, it's already worrying that you know about my STD from Ibiza in '94!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It was scarcely different to attending any ‘normal’ game….not sure how many attending felt they were treated like 12 year olds but we didn’t. Tiny inconveniences to contribute to keeping people safe and helping us on the path to exit this mess, nothing more.

You are going to have on heck of a struggle doing stuff over the next few years if you want things ‘the way life used to be’.

This,

In summary, my match day experience was:

Train journey in - just like the first half of the 2019/20 season. As mentioned elsewhere on this thread this won't be for everyone and is probably the biggest risk v freedom decision you'll make for an Albion game.

Getting in the North Stand - time wise no difference to normal. Instead of being lightly frisked by stewards they instead looked at my Covid Pass (already with my phone out for tickets) and quickly but definitely matched it to my ID. They weren't in the least bit interested in my 14 year old son's ID. The phone tickets work far better on the turnstiles than the print at home used to.

Once in - short queue for a pint for me and some food for the boy. Ate and drunk mask less. Said hello in the good old fashioned way to a couple of old faces. Sat in the seats and sang, maskless. Watched the Albion play badly and lose with a terrible ref in charge.

The only thing that wasn't "normal" was that instead of checking you for weapons that could, in theory, hurt someone in the ground you were checked for protection against a disease that could kill someone inside the ground.

I do agree that none of this is paying a fiver to a bloke in a turnstile at the Goldstone and standing swaying behind the goal with a fag in your hand, nor will away trips be as easy as they once were, but that was always the case with the Amex and Premier League football. If you want that experience go and watch any one of the local non league teams.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
You are letting it control your life.

The rest of us are getting back to normal.

What's normal for you might not be normal for the person next to you.

Your life is already controlled by the laws of the society you live in. COVID has not gone, placing some controls in place e.g. wearing masks or proving you are jabbed is really not that onerous is it.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
What's normal for you might not be normal for the person next to you.

Your life is already controlled by the laws of the society you live in. COVID has not gone, placing some controls in place e.g. wearing masks or proving you are jabbed is really not that onerous is it.

Exactly. My point was that those moaning are letting Covid control and ruin their lives. Get jabbed and take back some freedom

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
yeah, you're right my medical records will be with my GP, govt agencies etc. But, I don't feel the need to share my medical records with sport venues, pubs, theatres etc etc and have my attendance recorded and monitored at every place I visit. It's disproportionate, insidious and intrusive. There have already been many instances of misuse of data by governments, tech and businesses - this was before the extra scrutiny which has been legitimised by Covid. The vaccination programme has been a success so far - the monitoring and control of whole societies will not be. As individuals, I don't think we should be endorsing this approach

Remind me how many years the UK has had more CCTV cameras per head of population than any other country in the world, bar China and the USA?

Be careful when you go to London too.

I think that boat has already sailed unfortunately.

I'm with you on most of this btw. But not when it comes to restrictions during a worldwide pandemic.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Remind me how many years the UK has had more CCTV cameras per head of population than any other country in the world, bar China and the USA?

Be careful when you go to London too.

I think that boat has already sailed unfortunately.

I'm with you on most of this btw. But not when it comes to restrictions during a worldwide pandemic.

Never purchase a mobile phone either if you want to move around without being traced.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
[/QUOTE)

We are living with it. By vaccinating and having organizations like the Albion welcome patrons/fans who can demonstrate they are safer to admit than non vaccinated people. Allows us to get back to living life. As far as I can see the only people not getting back to doing normal stuff are the vaccine/vaccine passport refusers ie the moaning is entirely self inflicted.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
There's a lot of people that are restricting themselves from getting on with their lives.

Their decision.

The rest of us will start to enjoy our lives again which we will embrace, sod'em

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The club are a private company who have added conditions that have to be met for you to attend a game. If you can't or won't meet them then you can't go to a match.

Everything else is commentary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports