[Politics] Stop the boats

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Terrible to see these desperate people. What is the solution and if we welcome all where do they live. I have young relatives that cant afford to rent let alone buy so are still living at home in there late 20s

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I suspect Braverman, being a KC, knew it would, deep down, hence the guff in her hissy fit of a 'just got sacked letter' about leaving the ECHR. That'll be the next far right 'divide and conquer' play I suspect. Imagine not wanting human rights :shrug:
The Judge in his judgment pointed out that it is not just human rights law that applies to this ruling, but also international agreements and domestic law too, so leaving the ECHR may not make any difference anyway. I doubt that any attempt to leave the ECHR would get through the HOL anyway.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Presumably then the next stop on this merry-go-round of callousness is a push to leave the ECHR?

Which, unless I'm mistaken, would mean the removal of human rights protections for all of us, right?
That appears to be the plan.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Terrible to see these desperate people. What is the solution and if we welcome all where do they live. I have young relatives that cant afford to rent let alone buy so are still living at home in there late 20s
Well. We seem to put them onto disease ridden barges.
I’m assuming your young relatives’ plans weren’t too disrupted?
Unless they were planning on getting legionella?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I didn't mention asylum seekers. I was responding to the poster who referred to economic migrants.
But.....are the thousands coming on 'the boats' economic migrants or asylum seekers?

Rishi is apparently committed to stopping the boats. Why doesn't he do so?

I find it insane that the Tories are continuing to attempt to weaponize this:

1700045893218.png

This is ALL their doing. ALL on their watch. I won't even bother to make a connection with this having blossomed since we left the EU.

It's as if the Albion made it their mission to reduce goals against, and with every new signing we increase goals conceded until we are conceding 100 times as many goals per day as we were before we brought in the initiative. And at the same time the owners are claiming that if Crystal Palace ran the Albion it would be worse.

It is beyond a joke.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Heads up - there are lots of cheap hotel rooms in Kigali, Rwanda at the moment.

When they're gone, they're gone.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The Judge in his judgment pointed out that it is not just human rights law that applies to this ruling, but also international agreements and domestic law too, so leaving the ECHR may not make any difference anyway. I doubt that any attempt to leave the ECHR would get through the HOL anyway.
Good on you for reading and understanding the judgement, and I suspect the Tories involved have too. However, I've no doubt at all that Braverman, Patel et al, along with The Sun and Daily Mail will now be calling for a review of human rights law and maybe even blaming 'woke' courts.

It'll be a disgrace if they do but many folk will read that and not the judgement as the latter will be too difficult for them.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
But.....are the thousands coming on 'the boats' economic migrants or asylum seekers?

Rishi is apparently committed to stopping the boats. Why doesn't he do so?

I find it insane that the Tories are continuing to attempt to weaponize this:

View attachment 169842

This is ALL their doing. ALL on their watch. I won't even bother to make a connection with this having blossomed since we left the EU.

It's as if the Albion made it their mission to reduce goals against, and with every new signing we increase goals conceded until we are conceding 100 times as many goals per day as we were before we brought in the initiative. And at the same time the owners are claiming that if Crystal Palace ran the Albion it would be worse.

It is beyond a joke.
I'd be interested to know what your views and opinions are with how the lefty Labour Party would deal with this issue. If anyone thinks they can put a stop to it then they're deluded.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There are over 600,000 empty homes (Source Shelter) greedy landlord, absent landlords ie Chinese & Russian money laundering, or just plain uninhabitable at present.
Tory mantra, it’s only any good if it makes a profit.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Heads up - there are lots of cheap hotel rooms in Kigali, Rwanda at the moment.

When they're gone, they're gone.
Probably get the world cup soon given their predilection for a bung or two

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Britain is already being criticised by the United Nations for our level of child poverty.

How did this country ever get to this?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
That appears to be the plan.
Brilliant.

Someone should tell all the right wing loons slavering for this outcome that it won't just be foreigners in boats affected by this. But then one wonders whether they would give a hoot.

As long as it means they get to lord some pyrrhic victory over the woke lefty snowflakes, the consequences are largely inconsequential.

If it comes to pass I might actually leave. Which is an incredibly distressing thought. I love this batshit little island but what they're trying to do to it makes me f**king sick.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Leaving the ECHR would never get through parliament

They know it so it's just a gimmick for headlines

Louis MacNeice

Dec 7, 2015
I suspect Braverman, being a KC, knew it would, deep down, hence the guff in her hissy fit of a 'just got sacked letter' about leaving the ECHR. That'll be the next far right 'divide and conquer' play I suspect. Imagine not wanting human rights :shrug:
Braverman is only a KC due to her previous appointment as Attorney General; her actual experience as a lawyer/barrister wouldn't get her close.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I'd be interested to know what your views and opinions are with how the lefty Labour Party would deal with this issue. If anyone thinks they can put a stop to it then they're deluded.
employ enough people to clear the backlog of applications, open safe routes, have a processing centre in Calais

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports