Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Stop the boats

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The thing I don't understand a couple of very simple statistics makes it clear what this Government have done.

They stopped allowing asylum claims from people whilst abroad in 2011, forcing people to actually come to the UK in order to claim, and then shut down all legal channels of coming to the UK forcing people to cross the channel in small boats. The resulting numbers crossing the channel in small boats ?

2018 - 299
2019 - 1,890
2020 - 8,466
2021 - 28,526
2022 - 45,755
(Numbers weren't recorded prior to 2018 as the government thought them inconsequential).

If you then withdraw resources in order to increase processing times for asylum seekers then this is what you will do to the backlog

2012 - 9,800
2018 - 27,000
2022 - 161,000

So this current situation is either deliberate Government policy or incompetence on a level even this cabal would find challenging.

It really is so simple that I can only think that people on here still spouting the Government line aren't doing it for any logical reason but that it simply backs up their own deeply held bigotry :shrug:
There are elements within the tory party that understand that these numbers are a cost effective way of weaponizing immigration with themselves as the winners, always 'against' immigration unlike the wet lefties. Even in Faversham we have no immigrant pressures or even presence, and we are not far from the channel. And yet it is a major issue for the fearful conservative element among the working class voters here. Bosh, job done.

In much the same way the Thatcher gang weaponized unemployment, allowing it to go through the roof while managing to blame it all on the striking unions. Labour isn't working.

I have to say that at this point in the narrative, when I see working class tories complaining about the pound in their pocket, I think 'suck it up, you whining ignoramuses'. Of course you kids won't get on the property ladder. You have voted for your own servitude'.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There are elements within the tory party that understand that these numbers are a cost effective way of weaponizing immigration with themselves as the winners, always 'against' immigration unlike the wet lefties. Even in Faversham we have no immigrant pressures or even presence, and we are not far from the channel. And yet it is a major issue for the fearful conservative element among the working class voters here. Bosh, job done.

In much the same way the Thatcher gang weaponized unemployment, allowing it to go through the roof while managing to blame it all on the striking unions. Labour isn't working.

I have to say that at this point in the narrative, when I see working class tories complaining about the pound in their pocket, I think 'suck it up, you whining ignoramuses'. Of course you kids won't get on the property ladder. You have voted for your own servitude'.

Are you sure you're correct about no immigrant pressures or even presence in Faversham, because if you were, it would mean this is total and utter bollocks

because neither of us are in the UK or Eire in the towns and villages being changed forever by hundreds of middle eastern and african men taking the gaff over , being generally intimidating , belligerent and demanding of local services to the huge detriment of the existing inhabitants who in a lot of cases have worked and paid taxes all their lives in the until recently held belief that they would be provided for by the system that they had been contributing to throughout their working life......its a bloody shit show all round , i am aware of the migrant programme in the NSW VIC border country Albury Woodonga etc but those people are genuinely grateful to be there.....a lot of the buggers going to the UK are there for different reasons and its plain to a large proportion of the population that the situation is now pretty much irretrievable , the country has changed permanently and the calibre of political decision making has plummeted drastically.......f*** knows what the country will be like in 10 years.

And I'm sure that can't be as our friend is obviously brilliantly qualified to offer this detailed analysis on what he has heard from the other side of the world :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Are you sure you're correct about no immigrant pressures or even presence in Faversham, because if you were, it would mean this is total and utter bollocks

And I'm sure that can't be as our friend is obviously brilliantly qualified to offer this detailed analysis on what he has heard from the other side of the world :facepalm:
Yep. I'm sure.

Faversham is 98% white and local. I think the missus is friends with all the 'foreign' mums. One Italian, Japanese, American, Polish, and the richest of the lot, a second generation Indian (married to a white music promotor, living in the third nicest house in town - pals of ours of course). The big local issues are the bridge over the creek (who will pay for it?) and planned development on Ham Farm. We still have the weekly French market but it is diminished since Brexit. Faversham Hop Festival is now a massive big deal. Where I live has even become touristy. Fear and loathing, there ain't.

There may however be lots of Pub Talk on the sink estates around Dover and Ramsgate, but this will be in effects a benefits squabble with the white underclass griping about people coming overe 'ere and taking my housing benefit'.

I'm sure Tommy Robinson will be along in a minute to stir it all up, but till then.....

Sorry, what was the question?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Your post made me think.....

Legal employment.....

But we could map people to work so much more easily if we killed off the black economy. I recall 13 years ago spending time in Haringay. Each morning there would be a group of scruffy blokes of East European extraction waiting at a street corner. I took my time one morning to observe. A van pulled up and they all jumped in. It looked like a 'building' enterprise. What are the prospects this was legal?

Nobody can function off the grid in the UK unless they are being paid illegally to work illegally. I was able to watch all this without bother day after day. But where were the old bill?

And then we have the gang of more than 200 Albanians running cup and ball scams on Westminster bridge. Month after month.

Why spend billions on stunts like the barge and Rwanda when much less money could be spent on the criminal end of the process that makes the risk to get to the UK so worthwhile?

Because it doesn't suit the tories to deal with the problem. And in any case paying a foreigner cash in hand to get the swimming pool cleaned is so moreish.
It's government by gimick and highlights exactly why the UK is undemocratic. You win votes, seats and elections by grabbing headlines not actually doing or changing anything. Brexit itself is one big gimick

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
How come places like Sydney are suddenly full of Brits?

Maybe what the Africans are doing wrong is not going the whole hog, i.e. take over Ireland completely put their flag in it, declare it African, impoverish and cast the indigenous people to the outer areas, and then and as time goes by the rest of world pretends it was always African. Maybe then they'll win your respect?
sydney is full of Brits , Irish , Kiwis , Pacific Islanders , Chinese , Japanese , Indians , Croatians , Serbs , Greeks , Italians , people from many different African and South American countries ......your post is utter bollox.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

plenty of uncensored news here old boy , also regular traffic back and forth from Perth to the UK and Ireland , general consensus is .......the current situations is not very good at all and as the people of New York are currently finding out the logistics involved in taking care of a sudden influx of 120,000 immigrants/ refugees is a financial burden that is extremely difficult to bear ......but you would know that seeing as you're right in the thick of it yerself.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
plenty of uncensored news here old boy , also regular traffic back and forth from Perth to the UK and Ireland , general consensus is .......the current situations is not very good at all and as the people of New York are currently finding out the logistics involved in taking care of a sudden influx of 120,000 immigrants/ refugees is a financial burden that is extremely difficult to bear ......but you would know that seeing as you're right in the thick of it yerself.
By the same token the Ukranians probably haven't noticed that Russia has invaded them....

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
sydney is full of Brits , Irish , Kiwis , Pacific Islanders , Chinese , Japanese , Indians , Croatians , Serbs , Greeks , Italians , people from many different African and South American countries ......your post is utter bollox.
I'm just trying to get my head around your juxtaposition of, on the one hand enjoying living in a melting pot and embracing a multicultural society, but on the other hand have a beef with a handful of migrants living in a City on the other side of the world

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
Crikey, immigrants in America :unsure:

Very concerning for the Native Americans

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I'm just trying to get my head around your juxtaposition of, on the one hand enjoying living in a melting pot and embracing a multicultural society, but on the other hand have a beef with a handful of migrants living in a City on the other side of the world
i'm not sure how you arrive at the arbitrary summation of "a handful "..... everyone who came here paid for it , is invested in society ,and are largely happy to assimilate ... the country is currently prospering, so far, and is one of the best places to live on the planet.....juxtapose on that .

and after a comma , i bet that wound you up...bellend.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Crikey, immigrants in America :unsure:

Very concerning for the Native Americans
native americans along with the aboriginals here are one of the largest drains on public funds in the respective countries ....google it mate , then stick a sock in it because your knowledge of the aforementioned is akin to my knowledge of the Peacehaven to Eastbourne bank holiday bus service.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
and then have a look at Eric Adams ....the mayor of New York , telling it how it is , it had to be a black guy to say it , if it was a white guy he'd be branded a racist...:rolleyes:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
native americans along with the aboriginals here are one of the largest drains on public funds in the respective countries ....google it mate , then stick a sock in it because your knowledge of the aforementioned is akin to my knowledge of the Peacehaven to Eastbourne bank holiday bus service.

Some might say this rather simplified comment ignores a great deal of historical context but I think you are quite right, the bloody aborigines have been a drain on the public purse since we stole their country. The bastards!

It would be better to go back to categorising them as flora and fauna or stealing their children and 'breeding the aboriginal out' of them. The ungrateful bastards are never happy, we give them reservations and camps to live on and provide them with rations instead of wages.

It does give important context about the groups you dislike. It appears that in some countries it is the immigrants, whereas others it is the native people. I wonder if it is worth noting what the groups do have in common?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
plenty of uncensored news here old boy , also regular traffic back and forth from Perth to the UK and Ireland , general consensus is ..
Yet, when asked, you haven't managed to produce any evidence of the misbehaving asylum seekers/refugees that we are discussing?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Some might say this rather simplified comment ignores a great deal of historical context but I think you are quite right, the bloody aborigines have been a drain on the public purse since we stole their country. The bastards!

It would be better to go back to categorising them as flora and fauna or stealing their children and 'breeding the aboriginal out' of them. The ungrateful bastards are never happy, we give them reservations and camps to live on and provide them with rations instead of wages.

It does give important context about the groups you dislike. It appears that in some countries it is the immigrants, whereas others it is the native people. I wonder if it is worth noting what the groups do have in common?
do you have ANY idea how much money has been ploughed "literally" into this issue , Aboriginal elders claim their rightful place is on their tribal lands , in W.A QLD S.A and im sure Victoria hundreds of millions of dollars have been spent on viable ways in which Aboriginal folk can remain on "the land" agricultural and horticultural ventures , fruit plantations developed , completed and handed over to the local " community" only to be trashed within months , anything with any monetary value is scrapped and sold , floor boards and doors pulled up and burnt and before you know it they are crying poor again , this is something i discuss with my kids friends as they have had their white privelidge rammed down their throats at school and a lot of them have guilty feelings on the subject which is not right , it's not their fault ....the upcoming vote is divisive and people including may Aboriginals have lost trust in politicians of either side to do the right thing , i have lived and worked with Aboriginals in 4 different states , i have also been in jail with them , they are mostly great people but they are very easily led by a lousy few , same as any race i guess , anyway you won't get me on the Aboriginal debate , it is an incredibly complex problem which is now complicated further by drugs and alcohol.....tragic.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
@BadFish did you delete your post...? obviously i don't have an answer but money won't fix it , the ones who have jobs get rinsed by the ones who don't , they have very little grasp on the concept of ownership and a huge percentage of them go completely off the rails in their teens rendering them uneducable and therefore unemployable , this is 100 % down to lack of responsible parenting , sad but true mate. ......the only time there is a murdoch publication in my house is when i have a " drawing cocks on newspapers " item to post on facebook. We have a indigenous painter and an Indigenous roof plumber on our books , the painter is bang on and reliable , the roof plumber disappears for long spells at short notice with little more than a " gotta go and sort some shit out" it's accepted , we work around it.
We have applied for a grant to take on Aboriginal apprentices but we cant get one as we don't currently have any working for us , the bureaucracy is insane.

any way , back to the boats .....what benefit is it to the UK to have 150k male immigrants at large in the community ..?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
@BadFish did you delete your post...? obviously i don't have an answer but money won't fix it , the ones who have jobs get rinsed by the ones who don't , they have very little grasp on the concept of ownership and a huge percentage of them go completely off the rails in their teens rendering them uneducable and therefore unemployable , this is 100 % down to lack of responsible parenting , sad but true mate. ......the only time there is a murdoch publication in my house is when i have a " drawing cocks on newspapers " item to post on facebook. We have a indigenous painter and an Indigenous roof plumber on our books , the painter is bang on and reliable , the roof plumber disappears for long spells at short notice with little more than a " gotta go and sort some shit out" it's accepted , we work around it.
We have applied for a grant to take on Aboriginal apprentices but we cant get one as we don't currently have any working for us , the bureaucracy is insane.

any way , back to the boats .....what benefit is it to the UK to have 150k male immigrants at large in the community ..?

Yeah I did delete my post, we are just going round in circles and there isn't much point.

As far as the aboriginal stuff goes I did some study years ago with a lecturer who spoke a great deal of sense. On of the things she said was that a lot of money has been wasted by politicians not listening to the elders. Not only has much of that moment been wasted it has made it worse by creating a dependency style culture.

Her suggestion, many years ago was to listen to what Aboriginal people wanted and needed rather than the politicians assuming they no best. This sounds a lot like a voice to me. A voice to understand how the aboriginal people want to live their lives, as I understand it this is very different to the way us westerners choose to live.

I see a government trying to right the wrongs of the past and starting to listen to what she and her people were calling for back then.

The only aboriginal voices I have heard against the vote are saying that it is not enough and will slow down their chosen path to treaty.

Seems like a decent compromise to me.

The no vote are throwing their usual decisive and unhelpful claptrap aboutm as you say you don't have an answer, so for me I'll vote for the people that are trying something.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
its all on til tok , reels , instagram ....hours of it.
I can watch hours of it but you still haven't told me how I identify the asylum seekers and refugee rather than the brown people either born in the country or got their through other immigration means.

You can't blame the boat people/refugees /asylum seekers if you can't identify them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here