Stop Funding Hate - Pathetic!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
If you had read it, you may be in a better position to comment. My grand mother swore by it, and having read it quite often I can tell you that it's journalism is poor and often inaccurate.

Well go and read it, and then try telling me the readership are ordinary people.

There are lots of newspapers I haven't read (the Mirror and the Times were the only ones I ever bothered with). People I know read the Mail and they are ordinary people, if that helps. I am not going to try to tell them they are not reading the 'correct' newspaper because I might not like its content. That would be a little arrogant. Instead, I will continue to successfully avoid reading it and mind my own business.
I presume that if this corporate campaign is successful then the witch hunt will gather
pace and other publications will be targeted. Who will be making the decision on which newspapers will be in the firing line ? I don't like the Sun so will I get to vote for them to be next ? Or do people prefer to go after the Times as they have always been a
eurosceptic newspaper ?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
i suspect you really wish that to be true
the thought of an online pressure group trying to shut down debate of the free press should give everyone shivers.....even you fishy

Yep online pressure trying to make others think they way they do is very worrying :)

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
How very strange - they are claiming precisely this with Lego! .

precisely
they are also saying they will be targeting other advertisers.

yesterdays mail had amongst many advertisers the gov funded fire campaign.....check your smoke alarm now before you read the paper advert.....well sod that then.....let people burn to death. How about the advert from blue cross explaining how much good they do for vulnerable animals and also ask for a donation......perhaps its time to say **** blue cross until they stop advertising in the mail......evil racist kitten lovers.

this campaign is i agree with the OP ..pathetic

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Anyway gents it has been nice waffling with you.

And you,we do it again some stage.....that is unless a pressure group has closed the site down,in my case it will be the missus for spending too much time on here.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Just been reading up on this utterly pathetic campaign.
Another bunch of idiotic politically correct morons labelling anything and everything they don't like or disagree with as "HATE" in some crusade against the free speech (and sometimes factually reporting) press!
These are the vocal minority who like to spout off about democracy and freedoms unless of course you dare to have the audacity to disagree with their right on beliefs.
Yet even now..especially this week they still cannot see the damage they do to their argument by thinking that labelling anything they dislike as 'hate' and labelling people who disagree with them as 'racists, bigots, blah blah blah'
These sort of people turned the Brexit vote into labelling war...deciding anyone voting to leave is racist and that they should in some way be morally ashamed......well look what happened there!!
Anyone who thought Trump should win the American election was labelled "Deplorable" and god knows what else....and look what happened there!
Couldn't really give a toss about the yanks election...I disliked both of them equally....however became sick to the back teeth of on a daily basis listening to some luvvie actor/actress/musician spouting off and taking the piss out of Trump because they think it's right on and makes them a 'great guy'!!
Supposedly fighting against 'hate'...or opinions that differ from theirs as we would call it!
However their 'hate' towards any paper they don't like is apparently....ok????
These idiots are the scourge on society and they choose this because they apparently can never be wrong:annoyed:

These plonkers want open borders throughout the world as humanity means they can play god....They just can't accept defeat in any kind of way and when you're like that you have a big problem.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
obviously done him no harm then........parents get the job of bringing the kids up......some people occupy and teach their kids on a daily basis .....some give them an ipad at the age of 3.......!!

It's so they have something to do when they go in the pub..

The same type of parents twenty or thirty years ago would have just shut them in the back of a car and occasionally passed them a bag of crisps and bottle of coke. Technology changes and evolves but there are still good parents and bad parents and always will be.

It's not just children in thrall to these devices either. My Mrs can spend an hour at a time on her smartphone gassing about all kinds of shit to her friends or playing Candy Crush. And look at me, up early on a Sunday morning and choosing to be on a laptop debating instead of cleaning the house or going for a run or whatever.

I'm not a massive fan of social media. Facebook, in particular, seems to be used to dumb down every debate going. It's full of lies and moronic angry mobs on both sides of the political divide. However, in my job (I work in IT) and my spare time (I write a blog and for an Albion magazine) I have to use social media to promote myself, my company and my team. It's a necessary evil that no one's going to uninvent.

Back to the point. The Daily Mail has a right to exist and print what it likes within the law. Its sponsors have a right to withdraw if they don't like it. Simple as that. Someone will take Lego's place and Lego will sell more toys to parents who are ostensibly against rampant capitalism, based on this action. Irony all round.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
when its one sided, and wants the other side closed down then that fascist ideal should bother everyone........not you though eh?

Does this group want the Papers closed down? I can't see it on their Facebook page?

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
They fail to realise that the newspaper itself is just addressing fears of the population. So what happens to those people when their newspaper is threatened?

Ah yes, they will suddenly change their minds and magically become liberals, stupid!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
if you close down the advertising stream of a newspaper what happens to it?

If it considers the removal a threat to its existence it changes its editorial standards so it can regain said advertising or it finds advertising from else where.

Again, shades of grey.

" LEFTY PRESSURE GROUP FORCES LEGO TO CLOSE DOWN A BRITISH INSTITUTION" would make a good hysterical Daily Mail headline though.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
No one is forcing anyone to do anything here.

And this is about far more than simply not liking the opinions of the Papers on question. This is about those papers presenting said opinions as news, not to mention furthering their own agendas through the guise as news.

People don't like this type of'journalism' and are making a stand against it. I have no problem with this.

If they tried the same thing with the telegraph and the times they would be laughed out of here and right so.

This.

If you buy and read the red tops, on the whole you know that you are buying a comic. Those that buy The Holy Grail or the Express on the whole do not realise that they are also buying a comic. Frightening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports