Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stiliyan Petrov - and what I'm going to do about it

VillaLion

May 28, 2012
First timer poster...

I came on this forum to see if I could get any news on whether Poyet was going to be our new manager and stumble across this thread.

Well, needless to say having had our Captain, Petrov taken ill during the season this thread tugs my heart strings. I wish you and your boy every bit of luck during these tough times for you. I have donated a small amount to your cause... I think it is fantastic what you are doing and my prayers are with you.

Keep us updated.

VL.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
First timer poster...

I came on this forum to see if I could get any news on whether Poyet was going to be our new manager and stumble across this thread.

Well, needless to say having had our Captain, Petrov taken ill during the season this thread tugs my heart strings. I wish you and your boy every bit of luck during these tough times for you. I have donated a small amount to your cause... I think it is fantastic what you are doing and my prayers are with you.

Keep us updated.

VL.

Hey Villa Lion. If it is at all possible please post this on the Villa Forum. Many other fans from other clubs have done so and it has boosted Jim's donations. There are times when football just does not matter and this is one of them. Tug a few heart string in the midlands for Big Jim, please. If you know any other fans from other clubs please get them to do the same.

PS. Keep your handsoff Poyet. Rumour from here is that Collymore is going for it.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Thanks Chaps :)

William's currently on day 12 post transplant. He's still getting fevers, but they're now much further apart. But so far, touch wood, we've avoided Intensive care.

we're just hoping that things carry on improving and hopefully within a few weeks he can come home with his mother.

Since I started this thread, some backroom staff at Villa (who are friends of Petrov) have decided to ride from the Celtic Ground to Villa Park, their link is : http://www.justgiving.com/pedalforPetrov. I did email Aston Villa football club back in April to see if they'd support me, but to be honest these chaps are Stan's friends (and it's happened since) so I think it's great what they're doing. Alex Butler one of the riders is a great chap also, who I've spoken to on Twitter.

I think being staff few of the footballers have paid in, so they've almost raised £29K which is a great sum. :)

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
At6DGTYCIAEq5ds.jpg
A picture from 2 days ago.

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
Thanks Chaps :)

I think being staff few of the footballers have paid in, so they've almost raised £29K which is a great sum. :)

I think you raising 5k is huge Jim. Well done and glad to hear things are going ok for the little fella.

Hope the coming weeks and months bring more good news and happiness for your family !

VillaLion

May 28, 2012
Hey Villa Lion. If it is at all possible please post this on the Villa Forum. Many other fans from other clubs have done so and it has boosted Jim's donations. There are times when football just does not matter and this is one of them. Tug a few heart string in the midlands for Big Jim, please. If you know any other fans from other clubs please get them to do the same.

PS. Keep your handsoff Poyet. Rumour from here is that Collymore is going for it.

Consider it done.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
I think you raising 5k is huge Jim. Well done and glad to hear things are going ok for the little fella.

Hope the coming weeks and months bring more good news and happiness for your family !

Thank you :) . On day 13 today (I think, starting to lose track now). But there's a few funny things going on with red spots, but his fevers have now stopped for 29 hours which is a real improvement. His WBC is 0.4 today and he has 0.1 Neuts. So he's slowely picking up new lood counts.

Though the help from this Forum has helped the cause Immensely. William (and I) Will forever be thankful for the support :)

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Consider it done.

Thanks VillaLion
Since I started this thread in April, some backroom staff at Villa (who are friends of Petrov) have decided to ride from the Celtic Ground to Villa Park, their link is : http://www.justgiving.com/pedalforPetrov. Alex Butler one of the riders is a great chap also, who I've spoken to on Twitter. So if possible could you include their link on the same page and mention that since I posted this on the Brighton site, that they've done something specifically for Stan, whereas my ride is obviously because of my son, but it all started off at the same time that Stan was diagnosed and I felt very sorry for him, etc.

thanks again for your help :)

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
William's still doing well, though it looks like he has chicken pox.
His counts are slowely coming up and engrafting. Thought I should post this video. It was tweeted by the Anthony Nolan Trust and I feel it's a very powerful message in its own right.
please watch it if you have a moment. I really hope in years to come that we (including WIlliam) can meet the donor also. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0dgaCQ1PFY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0dgaCQ1PFY

Last edited:

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
We had a really worrying night. His rash vastly worse, lips swollen, hi respiration rate (liteally panting), sats dropping, fevers, etc.
Dr's were very worried at around 1.00 am and called on the "on call" consultant to come in, and the intensive care retrieval team were ready to come. They decided to try Steroids as it could be graft verses host, and that seemed to sort him out. His White blood count is now 4, with 3 neutrophils. So, they think that the rapid engraftment has caused this reaction and the steriods basically surpresses the immune response (and why he improved).

Here's a picture:
AudchWqCEAEHk_9.jpg

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Oh my lord that has just bought a tear to my eye. All i can say is that i hope William carries on improving and my thoughts are with you and your family.

Absolutely. Brought a tear to my eye too.

As a dad to a toddler myself I cannot begin to imagine what you are going through. Stay positive, our thoughts are with you.

All the best to you and William, I hope he recovers soon.

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
As a father of two myself I can't begin to imagine the hell you have been thru.

Keeping everything crossed for a better couple of days for the little fella !

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
thanks everyone. It's very sad and stressfull seeing him so unwell, but I'm hoping that thanks to the donor from Anthony Nolan Trust hopefully what we are seeing is him being cured of this horrendous disease.

He's jut had another funny turn with Dr's and Nurses getting worried, but after an Xray (which made him scream) it sorted him out (his oxygen sats).

I'm really hoping soon I'll be able to post pictures of him looking well, and even bring him to an albion match sometime.
Thanks again for the positive vibes, it certainly helps :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here