Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stiliyan Petrov - and what I'm going to do about it

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Thanks for the support, and also for the donations. I'm convinced that in time a cure will be found that will be non-invasive, as William's treatment regime is obviously dangerous in itself. So research is definately the way to go and I'm so adament that I want to do everything to help them do this.

Here's another picture. ONe of him well in 2011 so you can see what he should look like. well nov 2011.jpg

Contrast that with the picture below and it's quite shocking I think.
AudchWqCEAEHk_9.jpg

Last edited:

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
He's a bit better today. Though still having problems with his Oxygen Saturations.

I think Bone Marrow Transplants are really rough on the little bodies and the kids can go through a lot of pain with Mucositus from the Chemo. I think this is what drives me to want to help find a non intrusive cure so that the poor little kids won't need to go through this horrible pain.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Best of luck Jim, what your going through must be unimaginable. Thinking of you and your family. Even though I've never met anyone on NSC, I feel like it is a big family and I'm sure every one of us will do anything we can to help.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Best of luck Jim, what your going through must be unimaginable. Thinking of you and your family. Even though I've never met anyone on NSC, I feel like it is a big family and I'm sure every one of us will do anything we can to help.

Thank you Worthingite. You're right about the big family. :)

We had a very dodgy day yesterday at the hospital. William was ok, though looked eye(y) when I arrived. But then suddenly became tied. Heart started racing to almost 180 bpm, respirations flying above 50, and he was puffing and panting and Oxygen saturations were low also and he needed an oxygen mask + a fever. In the past this sort of thing has been a step before intensive care admittance, but thankfully a dose of Paracetamol sorted things out. I think, as the Nurse mentioned, things are different now to in the past. Previously, this kind of illness was because of neutrophenic Febrile Sepsis, and treated with Anti-biotics, but he currently has Graft Verses Host Syndrome which is sort of an allergic reaction, so once you get it under control again he calms down.
Certainly I feel like the past weeks have aged me a great deal!!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
fantastic news Jim...he certainly is looking better.

Keep strong.

Dave

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
Certainly a huge improvement since the last picture.

Glad to hear things are improving !

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Awesome stuff - this story really moving me and many others. I dearly hope the improvements continue.

Great painting by the little man btw

villa_fan

Jun 12, 2012
Hey Jim, Greetings from a Villa fan in Prague...ive been following this thread for a while now and often check in hoping to hear positive news. Great to see the new pic. Just put a few quid into your fund....hope you meet your target and more importantly that WIlliam continues on road to recovery.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Hey Jim, Greetings from a Villa fan in Prague...ive been following this thread for a while now and often check in hoping to hear positive news. Great to see the new pic. Just put a few quid into your fund....hope you meet your target and more importantly that WIlliam continues on road to recovery.
#
thanks so much for doing this. I really appreciate it a lot. Every bit more in the fund helps the burdan I feel for trying to do something. As I say, when he is sick, other than be there and advise the Dr's about how he's been, we feel so helpless. But this is something we can do to make a difference and everyone is helping us a lot to do this. Also nice to have a true Euro wide Donations going on :) thank you again :)

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Thanks for messages everyone. Positive vibes help a lot when going through this kind of thing.

The good news is that he's still improving, and there is talk of "home leave" this weekend. This is the first step to being discharged i.e. if the leave goes well, the next step is full discharge.

So fingers crossed that he doesn't get sick during the next few days. Will be the first time they've been home in 6 weeks (and it feels like it).

OH, I've been doing my bit by wearing the Albion shirt in the Marsden. ;)

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Thanks for messages everyone. Positive vibes help a lot when going through this kind of thing.

The good news is that he's still improving, and there is talk of "home leave" this weekend. This is the first step to being discharged i.e. if the leave goes well, the next step is full discharge.

So fingers crossed that he doesn't get sick during the next few days. Will be the first time they've been home in 6 weeks (and it feels like it).

OH, I've been doing my bit by wearing the Albion shirt in the Marsden. ;)

Hey Jim. My fingers have been crossed for so long now that they are permantly that way. I promise you that when I read on here that he has made it home I will crack a beer. When I read of fulkl discharge (and I will) then I will crack some bubbles.

Chin up and stay positive. :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here