Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Sidwell signed

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Do you know anything in particular?

I know we have been chasing a particular striker. I have no clue who it is though and I think it is only one particular striker and not a host of them in the hope of getting one of them. Because of that I think we must be putting a lot of effort into it but getting strikers is the most difficult position to fill - Everyone is after the good ones

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thatd be why Reading went for a permanent deal then as.Bournemouth had spoken of a similar sum for a loan fee.
The difference with Murray is that Bournemouth paid more than 4m for him just months ago. They will want to get back as much as they can.

Didn't we have some sort of deal with Palace that if they got promoted they'd pay silly money for Dobbie? I'd be happy for us to agree to 4 million for Murray IF we ended up getting promoted.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Well regardless of division I wouldnt be keen on shelling out that kind of fee for someone of that age

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know we have been chasing a particular striker. I have no clue who it is though and I think it is only one particular striker and not a host of them in the hope of getting one of them. Because of that I think we must be putting a lot of effort into it but getting strikers is the most difficult position to fill - Everyone is after the good ones

Loan or purchase or would that divulge too much info.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Loan or purchase or would that divulge too much info.

Havn't a clue one way or the other. All that was said was there is a striker we are trying to bring in but it's proving difficult because anyone who is any good , they all want them

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Havn't a clue one way or the other. All that was said was there is a striker we are trying to bring in but it's proving difficult because anyone who is any good , they all want them

Understandable and reading between the lines it would seem to be a player in the FL as opposed to an unknown like Ulloa was .,

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Didn't we have some sort of deal with Palace that if they got promoted they'd pay silly money for Dobbie? I'd be happy for us to agree to 4 million for Murray IF we ended up getting promoted.
No. We just had an agreement that we'd loan Palace Dobbie and that at the end of the season, regardless of promotion or not, they would sign him for silly money: £850k.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Understap with loads of namesndable and reading between the lines it would seem to be a player in the FL as opposed to an unknown like Ulloa was .,

Anything else is just speculation from me really but I will set you a task BG because I know you like to do research and come up with loads of names, names, names. I know you have an internal ''default setting'' for left backs but try and tear yourself away from that

If I was CH I would look round Premiership strikers to see who wasn't getting a game for their club and move for one of them, if their club would let them go permanently or out on loan. BUT don't come up with Kyle Lafferty because he is hopeless

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well regardless of division I wouldnt be keen on shelling out that kind of fee for someone of that age

If there is a good chance of securing us promotion I would most certainly pay that kind of money, totally irrespective of whether he might be past his best next season.

Lets get to the Premier League first, and then worry about next season.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If there is a good chance of securing us promotion I would most certainly pay that kind of money, totally irrespective of whether he might be past his best next season.

Lets get to the Premier League first, and then worry about next season.

Exactly............Don't try and multi task. Concentrate on the job in hand first

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Was it the Boardroom or the Players Lounge ? If it was The Boardroom then there is probably something in this story. If it was the Players Lounge then he could correctly just have been Bobby's Guest. I think the players only get 2 tickets per match free, although they can purchase more. That was a Directive by HMRC around 2005 to all football clubs that any more than 2 hospitality tickets to Football players had to be treated as a Taxable Benefit and Employers NIC paid on it.

There is also a Managers Lounge, where the Manager's and Coaches guests go into. That's mostly friends and family of the Coaches and Management team, although you can come across Players Agent's in there occasionally and there is no numbers restriction but it rarely exceeds 20

[MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] saw him in the boardroom. That's good enough for me.

He was in the boardroom.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If I was CH I would look round Premiership strikers to see who wasn't getting a game for their club and move for one of them, if their club would let them go permanently or out on loan. BUT don't come up with Kyle Lafferty because he is hopeless

A Good tactic that was used by Wednesday; they struck gold with Hooper and now have him permanently.

But maybe it's a Premier League loan we should be looking at? There is an 'Albion' player who needs regular football and is not getting it in the PL at present. This player wants to play in the Euros. The politics of him moving to another PL team are somewhat muddied at present. Therefore his value is dropping and his contract is running out. His chances of getting in the England squad are vanishing also. Why not send him on loan to a Championship club where he'll score for fun thus maintaining his transfer value; then sell him to a big club ( not Spurs - because the relation is ruined) in the summer for £20m+? His goals won't hurt his current team if he plays in the Championship but could mean the world to the club who gets him in on loan.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Sidwell watched the match from near where Bloom sits - On about 82 mins Paul Barber spoke to him and shook his hand and then Sidwell left presumably to get out the Car park before the rush.

I couldn't make out what Barber said but it included words something like "See, you and Steve"

I wasn't quite sure who he was with from us perhaps someone else could have seen

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sidwell watched the match from near where Bloom sits - On about 82 mins Paul Barber spoke to him and shook his hand and then Sidwell left presumably to get out the Car park before the rush.

I couldn't make out what Barber said but it included words something like "See, you and Steve"

I wasn't quite sure who he was with from us perhaps someone else could have seen

Someone bald - hope that helps.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I see the OP logged on to NSC today and didn't post on this thread. Saw he was at game and put 2 & 2 together and rushed to put an 'exclusive' on NSC. Not answered any questions today. Guessing.

Can a mod change the title?

Ps - yes Sidwell will probably sing - but hadn't singed when the op made this thread :thumbsup:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG-20160124-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20160124-WA0000.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 1,252

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here