Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve McLaren, hahahahahahahahahaha teeee heeee!!!!!!!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Shows that too many loan signings (even if they are very good individual players) is not the way to be successful.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Went to shit once they let best go....

Bravo! That made me smile... I'm not sure what actually happened, injuries did impact on us but I'm not sure the loss of confidence and shape that the team suffered can be entirely down to that. I guess the question mark that hangs around Schteve's career is how he handles it when things don't go to plan, and given that we were top a couple of months ago he hasn't answered that yet. One telling thing is that I reckon our record and Brighton's for the last 2 months is pretty similar....

I wouldn't mind if Schteve left, as one Gareth Icke put it today, "McClaren was the shag that got Derby fans over the ex. Had a good time but not for the long haul" time to find a new wife!

hands up who prefers the summer with its endless transfer gossip than the actual footie itself?!?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
This muppet cost me coinage today. The least he could do is sort the ridic barnet out.

image.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was rather expecting Derby County to part company with him this week.

He would have been a good manager for us. *Awaits Incoming*

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Bravo! That made me smile... I'm not sure what actually happened, injuries did impact on us but I'm not sure the loss of confidence and shape that the team suffered can be entirely down to that. I guess the question mark that hangs around Schteve's career is how he handles it when things don't go to plan, and given that we were top a couple of months ago he hasn't answered that yet. One telling thing is that I reckon our record and Brighton's for the last 2 months is pretty similar....

I wouldn't mind if Schteve left, as one Gareth Icke put it today, "McClaren was the shag that got Derby fans over the ex. Had a good time but not for the long haul" time to find a new wife!

hands up who prefers the summer with its endless transfer gossip than the actual footie itself?!?

Reckon Hughes will stay?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Will be Newcastle manager by August.:facepalm:

He'd be a bloody mug if he did. He's got the run of Pride Park (Or whatever it's called now), and he calls the shots. Under him Derby WILL go up. Newcastle look doomed and under the current setup he'd last 6 months if he's lucky

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
He'd be a bloody mug if he did. He's got the run of Pride Park (Or whatever it's called now), and he calls the shots. Under him Derby WILL go up. Newcastle look doomed and under the current setup he'd last 6 months if he's lucky

Would Newcastle want a serial loser, though. Wait, what am I saying? He'd be perfect!

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
I still personally blame Steve McLaren for ruining my summer in 2008 by managing to not get England qualified for the Euros that year. So although I bear no ill will against Derby, they certainly deserved to go up last year, the Wally with the Brolly can **** off.

I'd like us to sign Ward, Russell and Martin - not that they would come.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Reckon Hughes will stay?

This time, probably not - I didn't think he'd stay last summer to be honest. For him as a player, the opportunity to move to a top team would surely be too much to a resist and while the club don't 'need' to sell, there's always a price that a team will sell for.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sad for Derby and their fans but not for McLaren. He can't take the pressure. It's great winning most of the season and being near the top but when it comes to the business end post Xmas & Easter, he showed clearly that he is a bottler. Not a man to lead although he may well be a brilliant coach/No.2.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
His tactics are shite, any manager who thought pinging high balls into the box against Qpr last season was the way to go needs to look at themselves. Even our Oscar worked that one out.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Moyes is now favourite for the Newcastle job :moo:

David Moyes has his critics but he is way too good for Newcastle. The media battered him during his brief reign at Old Trafford. Taking into account that LVG hasn't had the distraction of Champions League football this season, i fail to see any major improvement under a so called bigger name. Of course the smoke and mirrors of the media will suggest otherwise.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here