Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Coppell in and NOW.

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
I agree.

I, for one, have no anger whatsoever towards Slade, it just simply doesn't seem to be working for him this season.

Absolutely correct.. Its totally unfair for people to slate him the way they do. He deserves respect for what he did for us but as they say, its time for the fat lady to sing and for Mr Slade to take a gracious bow and allow another to take over.

I have tried to stay "Slade in" for as long as I can but I am just simply fed up with going to Withdean with my 10 year old son week in, week out and making an effort to go to away games and watching us lose.

My support for the team will never die but I am losing the strength to support Russell for any longer.

Is the Coppell the man to take over ?

I would be happier if we could find someone who hasn't had previous connection with the club. I firmly believe in the "dont go back" rule...

Dowie could be a good un'...

H2O

Jul 27, 2004
Hove
Absolutely correct.. Its totally unfair for people to slate him the way they do. He deserves respect for what he did for us but as they say, its time for the fat lady to sing and for Mr Slade to take a gracious bow and allow another to take over.

I have tried to stay "Slade in" for as long as I can but I am just simply fed up with going to Withdean with my 10 year old son week in, week out and making an effort to go to away games and watching us lose.

My support for the team will never die but I am losing the strength to support Russell for any longer.

Is the Coppell the man to take over ?

I would be happier if we could find someone who hasn't had previous connection with the club. I firmly believe in the "dont go back" rule...

Dowie could be a good un'...

please god no!!! you posted with such sense until you mentioned dowie there is no way that dirty picky big nosed c*nt should be allowed any where near our great club :albion2:

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
please god no!!! you posted with such sense until you mentioned dowie there is no way that dirty picky big nosed c*nt should be allowed any where near our great club :albion2:

OK... Maybe I got my beer head on now !!! May try and have a rethink in the mornin'/afternoon.. :thumbsup:

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
IF Slade goes and Coppell wants the job, give it to him.

Of course there is the "don't go back" argument, but unlike Micky, Coppell has achieved at a higher level since he left us and could certainly do the proverbial job now. Lest we forget he only chose Reading over us because at the time we were in limbo over the stadium and so over our future as a whole which is clearly now not the case.

He's well respected and he is a proven managerial talent at a higher level than where we currently find ourselves and should he show an interest if/when Slade departs, we'd be fools not to take him up on it.

On the face of it, of course you'd say that if he were looking to get back into football he'd be aiming for a Championship club but it is, as they say, a funny old game sometimes.

Sorry to bring you up on this post, but Adams was in charge at Leicester when they got promoted from the championship to the prem, so did achieve success at a higher level than Brighton.

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
whats all this steve coppell nonense.. if the team arnt pulling their weight then no manager is gonna change things unless he gets shot of the chancers... the club has no money no decent players no hope and no chance of ever becoming a top class club .. if coppell came in not much would change ..and it would nt be long before the coppell out chants start..just a soppy ole merry -go-round

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
false he wanted to stay.the club forced him out as we needed the compo from reading

Is the right answer. Coppell never wanted to leave. FACT. He was happy here but understood the financial situation at the time.

It's a personal thought, but I reckon he would love a crack at leading us out at Falmer.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Is the right answer. Coppell never wanted to leave. FACT. He was happy here but understood the financial situation at the time.

It's a personal thought, but I reckon he would love a crack at leading us out at Falmer.

I agree, Coppell could take a job in the championship but he could see us as a big project for him to take us to a decent level much the same as he did with Reading albeit on a larger scale down here.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I firmly believe in the "dont go back" rule...

Yes and no. If I wasnt so pissed I'd explain myself..but if I was Bloom I'd be on the phone to Coppell right now. Coppell is an excellent manager, he's done well numerous times and under varying circumstances. He will do well again at Brighton.

Yes and no. If I wasnt so pissed I'd explain myself..but if I was Bloom I'd be on the phone to Coppell right now. Coppell is an excellent manager, he's done well numerous times and under varying circumstances. He will do well again at Brighton.

I couldn't disagree more. Coppell can f*** right off. I wouldn't want him anywhere near this club ever again. He FAILED last time round and he'll fail again. He's a money grabbing, ladyboy shagging, cuntchops. f*** Coppell.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I couldn't disagree more. Coppell can f*** right off. I wouldn't want him anywhere near this club ever again. He FAILED last time round and he'll fail again. He's a money grabbing, ladyboy shagging, cuntchops. f*** Coppell.

Yes but he's still a nice bloke.

ps Cuntchops is abit harsh, wouldn't you think?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
No, I think that's taking it easy on him. I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire. He can f*** off and die. Not even to do with his scumbag credentials. Always has been and always will be lowlife. f*** Coppell.

Well that's really good of you because I wouldn't either, Pissing on Coppell whilst he is on fire? that would just be ridiculous! I'd call emergency services straight away and then wrap him in towels. Would the piss even put the flames out? No I think your right on that one no pissing on Coppell, but the dying bit is controversial because we're all eventually going to die so aren't you just telling him something he already knows or are you stating he's lived and deserved the right to leave this cruel world for better? And yes, the lowlife thing is definitely a great headline for coppell if he takes charge of us again, I like it!

Its good to see you care deeply about the legend of sir Steven Coppell. My friend, your words are wise.

ps who are these Scumbag credentials, are they he's critics?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here