Steve Coppell in and NOW.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
Yes and no. If I wasnt so pissed I'd explain myself..but if I was Bloom I'd be on the phone to Coppell right now. Coppell is an excellent manager, he's done well numerous times and under varying circumstances. He will do well again at Brighton.

Coppell did not walk out on Brighton Dick Knight sold him to Reading for £250,000ish. Coppell would have stayed. He said that he thought he had started something good at Brighton and was suprised how little the Knight did to try and keep him.

If this is case then I could bend my firm belief of the "don't go back" rule..

What is it with this club and getting rid of decent managers ?

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
If this is case then I could bend my firm belief of the "don't go back" rule..

What is it with this club and getting rid of decent managers ?

I think, in the case of Coppell, we desperately needed the money at the time - hence why there were no hard feelings on either side.

I'd love to have him back if RS does go - I think his managerial experience/success since Brighton is very different to MA so am not so worried about the 'never go back' issue

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I DEMAND the man back who got us relegated under his leadership in 2002/3 and who can forget the five goal thriller at Selhurst when he was manager.................Oh

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
It was a miracle that he managed to get us into a position that there was a chance of staying up on the final day of the season after what had gone on beforehand and with the squad we had before he came in.

Black Dalek

Jan 19, 2004
All out

Yep, off u go Sladie, it's a shame it aint worked out, but thats Footy. We need a replacment now, its a great opportunity for someone to do to us what Shankly done for Liverpool. FORWARD AND ON.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I'd have Coppell back, has a track record of getting the best of players and right now we havent got a manager that can do that.

Slade needs to go back to what he knows which is having an organised back four a big target man and playing long ball. It worked for us at the end of last season and although it wasnt pretty and i dont really want to see us playing like that i feel thats the only way Slade knows.

We are trying to play too much football this season and im beginning to believe that Slade doesnt really know how to get a team to play that way, or at least that is how it looks at the moment

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I DEMAND the man back who got us relegated under his leadership in 2002/3

Hinshelwood got us relegated that season. Yes, we were out of the drop zone briefly before the end, but the vast majority of the damage was done before SC got here.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
When will you idiots LEARN that the saying never go back is always right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO to Coppell, he was appointed by Dick Knight (LIAR!) and YES to Dean Wilkins (LOVELY SMILE!!!) as manager.

I am sure Coppell has been bought off by Dick Knight about where Knight keeps the money he stole from the 1983 cup final, because he has NEVER gone public about it, and there's no smoke without fire.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I couldn't disagree more. Coppell can f*** right off. I wouldn't want him anywhere near this club ever again. He FAILED last time round and he'll fail again. He's a money grabbing, ladyboy shagging, cuntchops. f*** Coppell.

What a narrow minded and ignorant post. Did you not see the way he improved the players (err...Kerry Mayo anyone?) last time? Ask any player from that era ( Butters aside) and they'll all tell you that Coppell was the best manager they've worked with at the Albion. He has a very good record as a manager, is a superb coach, an astute man manager and a good track record in the transfer market. Oh, and he's very clever. Now why would we want someone like that? And as for your suggestion that he failed, had Knight appointed Coppell instead of Hinshelwood we would have stayed up easily. Instead we went down on the last day after looking beyond doomed before he arrived. Money grabbing? Where the hell does that come from? Utter bollocks.

I'll bet you any money you like that IF Coppell returns, he'll be successful. Play offs or better.

And anyway, if you don't want him, have got you a better idea?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
No, I think that's taking it easy on him. I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire. He can f*** off and die. Not even to do with his scumbag credentials. Always has been and always will be lowlife. f*** Coppell.

Nothing like reasoned, objective, intelligent debate is there?

NSC really plumbs the depths sometimes.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
When will you idiots LEARN that the saying never go back is always right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO to Coppell, he was appointed by Dick Knight (LIAR!) and YES to Dean Wilkins (LOVELY SMILE!!!) as manager.

I am sure Coppell has been bought off by Dick Knight about where Knight keeps the money he stole from the 1983 cup final, because he has NEVER gone public about it, and there's no smoke without fire.

I thought the thought the football under Wilkins was shit, I know we finished 7th and he should never have been sacked because of that, but I didnt really enjoy his style of play.

Saying that I didn't enjoy yesterday.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I couldn't disagree more. Coppell can f*** right off. I wouldn't want him anywhere near this club ever again. He FAILED last time round and he'll fail again. He's a money grabbing, ladyboy shagging, cuntchops. f*** Coppell.

Given the time and nature of your reply I guess you have a huge hangover like me?

Apr 17, 2009
Rural East Sussex
I DEMAND the man back who got us relegated under his leadership in 2002/3 and who can forget the five goal thriller at Selhurst when he was manager.................Oh

Please remember that Coppell came to the club after the Hinchelwood fiasco. He inherited a dire situation but relegation was not decided untill the last game of the season. When he left BH&A were sitting pretty in Division one.
I hope Bloom is not going to wait for another 6 or 7 games before making up his mind

Dickyboy

Feb 2, 2009
rustington
all i can say is never go back rarely works stick with slade after Gillingham game it was how great we were and were off to the playoffs.
Were just an inconsistant side along with many others.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When will you idiots LEARN

I am not and never have been a fan of DK but: Why would Knight have had access to the 1983 Cup Final money he wasnt involved with the club then and according to past employees not even a supporter, well not a season ticket holder as he claimed. Think you are getting your knickers in a twist some where

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports