Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephens

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Bong & Stephens together is a cruel blow FFS.
We need some big performances Saturday & better pray King Kayal stays fit & available.
Next 5 games...

Reading a
Sheff W a
MKD h
Burnley a
Birmingham h

All winnable

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think the harsh reality is, we have not got a player who can slot in for Stephens/Kayal without seriously weakening us. Ince/Crofts showed on Saturday that they are just not up to it. It was like watching us last season. I would like to see some movement in this area in January. I know Sam Morsy from Chesterfield was looked at. Could we go back for him?
We do have a player who can slot in for Stephens or Kayal - Crofts. What we don't have, is cover for when they're both missing.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
All winnable

Indeed they are.

I have a somewhat bad feeling about Reading for some reason, but do strongly feel a historical away victory could be happening at Wednesday.

A win vs MK would then set us up nicely for the next international break.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
We do have a player who can slot in for Stephens or Kayal - Crofts. What we don't have, is cover for when they're both missing.

We don't know about Crofts yet though. If he can get back to how he was then he is fantastic cover. But with those type of injuries, unfortunalty the player is never the same. Saturday's performance did not fill me with much confidence.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Indeed they are.

I have a somewhat bad feeling about Reading for some reason, but do strongly feel a historical away victory could be happening at Wednesday.

Well if Wednesday play half as well as they did last night it'll be far from easy up there!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Indeed they are.

Wednesday is likely to be one of the toughest games of the season IMO. I'd settle for a point right now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well I wasn't being serious, it's just that it is often repeated on NSC that we should sign O'Hara, and Jed Wallace.

Murphy plays in the Jed Wallace type role so we have covered that position albeit at a lot more money. O Hara has been one of Fulhams best players this season but we have March and Lua Lua to fill in there with a good left back.
The problems come with Bong being injured for any length of time. We have nobody to cover the Stephens role at best Crofts pre injuries but doesnt look the part now. Holla is more experienced version of Ince not Stephens or Kayal.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We don't know about Crofts yet though. If he can get back to how he was then he is fantastic cover. But with those type of injuries, unfortunalty the player is never the same. Saturday's performance did not fill me with much confidence.
Yes, but on Saturday he wasn't playing alongside Kayal or Stephens; that, I suspect, would make a whole lot of difference.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Even before the last major injury this was the case.

Before the injurywasn't he our joint top scorer with Dunk, and I seem to remember quite a few people on here suggested him as an early contender for player of the season (albeit for a pretty poor season)?

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be honest I would take a win one lose one. You are a point better off at the end, although annoying the unbeaten run ends.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here