Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephens

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
With Kayal back, one of JFC, Crofts or Ince should suffice. Not quite up to Stephens' level, but if they were Stephens wouldn't be starting ! Bong may prove more of an issue although Rosenior should suffice in the short term ( if we can afford him :))

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
People are making assumptions on the fact JFC's loan at MK Dons hasn't been extended yet.

The fact we play them at home before the international break is why that deal hasn't been done.

Stephens will play Saturday.

EDIT - Apologies, didn't see Dirty Daves post above.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Is that the assumptions based on mk dons saying it was pointless renewing now due to the international break and the game against us and that they had players returning for that position bur that they may look at JFC again later in the season. Only I don't really call that assumption

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No mentions Holla but he can do a job. Added to which can take a decent free kick

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
*waits for a suggestion that we get O'Hara or Wallace on loan*

:)

I don't think he would go for O'Hara......................... Is it definite that it is long term injury. I heard Monday morning it wasn't that bad. When did diagnosis get worse ?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Stephens not trained since Bristol. Thigh injury according to Naylor.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Load of bollocks. Not sure where this has come from but I was told on Saturday from a very reliable source that Stephens could have played on Saturday but the decision was made to rest him and not take any risks ahead of the the Reading and Sheffield Wednesday games after he picked up a very minor knock during training on the Friday.

How that's changed in 2 days is beyond me.

Stephens will play Saturday.

Stephens not trained since Bristol. Thigh injury according to Naylor.

'Sup?

Last edited:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
If no Stephens andBong can personally see a change of shape for next 2 away games. Rosenier to LB and as I don t think CH will play 2 out and out wingers away at reading and Wednesday I think he will go
4-3-3

DS
Bruno
Greer
Use
LR

Crofts
Ince
Kayal

Murphy
Hamed
Baldock

Testing times for the squad.
The starting 11 has looked pretty decent so far but now we shall see how good the squad depth is.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Does not training for a couple of days mean anything particularly serious though? Missing training will have a minor effect, but the extra 3 days rest could ensure that the thigh strain is fully healed.

#positivespin

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Does not training for a couple of days mean anything particularly serious though? Missing training will have a minor effect, but the extra 3 days rest could ensure that the thigh strain is fully healed.

#positivespin

If he hasn't trained since Bristol City, that's a week, which is more than 'a couple of days'. I'd be very suprised if he started Saturday.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
How we react to a defeat and cope with injuries will be a good judge to how we get on this season...obvious i guess

It makes it interesting certainly. We were always going to have to deal with issues like this through a long hard season but the good start gives us some breathing space and even if we hit mid table form of 1.5 points a game we should make the play offs.
I trust CH to do better than that though and that some reinforcements will be brought in at some stage.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

#positivespin

Comparisons have been drawn to Baldock's injury last season.
#lesspositivespin

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If he hasn't trained since Bristol City, that's a week, which is more than 'a couple of days'. I'd be very suprised if he started Saturday.

He's not going to become unfit in a week though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here