Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - with Spoilers - discussion thread

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think that Stormtroopers are seriously outdated now. they really aren't very menacing and go down in firefight dead easily. Plastic "armour" really isn't working plus they stand out like sore thumbs on the ground and are easily picked off by blasters.
Standing out is ok when you vastly outnumber the opponents and want to impose authority, but if they're getting more limited in number it would be good to see them switch to black storm trooper outfits.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Thanks Stoneham.You mean Crawley IMAX 3D, with glasses?
Yup.

Oh, I didn't realise it was at the Science Museum. Sounds good.
Closest one to us, I think. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'm just worried about the 3D (partly concerned for big glasses on my children's small faces).
Ah I didn't realize, the glasses might irritate them over 2.5 hours. Though the glasses are extremely light and didn't cause any discomfort with me.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I think that Stormtroopers are seriously outdated now. they really aren't very menacing and go down in firefight dead easily. Plastic "armour" really isn't working plus they stand out like sore thumbs on the ground and are easily picked off by blasters. Maybe the Empire/First Order need a Kami version or they are rapidly going to run out of grunts.

I don't think their new kit looks as cool as the old one.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Nah. I can't think of any reason why Leia wouldn't have told her especially after the Han dies.

How do we know she didn't? We see barely any conversation between them as far as I recall. The only interaction I remember is her breezing by Chewie to hug Rey on her return from the starkiller base, and wanting to say something more but instead saying 'may the force be with you' before Rey sets off for Luke. They could have had a conversation in between. It's possible that Rey's memory was blocked for a reason, and that reason could be why Leia hasn't said anything.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Having seen it again. There is every possibility she is also the daughter of Han and Leia and was memory wiped or whatever. However what is more plausible is that and I said it before is that she is high in medichlorians and she will be the one to bring balance to the force. Therefore she was taken by someone and memory wiped because she is a jedi, probably for her own safety.

Remember Qui Gonn thought this would be Anakin as he had a high medichlorian count and had skills (like building stuff) that was way beyond anyone else.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Having seen it again. There is every possibility she is also the daughter of Han and Leia and was memory wiped or whatever. However what is more plausible is that and I said it before is that she is high in medichlorians and she will be the one to bring balance to the force. Therefore she was taken by someone and memory wiped because she is a jedi, probably for her own safety.

Remember Qui Gonn thought this would be Anakin as he had a high medichlorian count and had skills (like building stuff) that was way beyond anyone else.

Possibly she was part of Luke's new Jedi academy, and survived the Knights of Ren's cull of the students, hence requiring her to be hidden and her memory wiped.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I wonder if the whole midichlorian thing will feature in this series? It was like Lucas couldn't think of a narrative device to support Qui Gon's belief that Anakin was the chosen one, so we had this bizarre symbiotic midichlorian thing, and Anakin had a high count...whatever. I think you're right, looking like Rey is finally the prophesy of one bringing balance to the force.

She can't be old enough to be a Kenobi, Luke should have dropped all thoughts of love interests when he started claiming he was a Jedi in RotJ, so she is either a Solo, or it is going to be a very big surprise.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
She can't be old enough to be a Kenobi, Luke should have dropped all thoughts of love interests when he started claiming he was a Jedi in RotJ, so she is either a Solo, or it is going to be a very big surprise.

should have, nothing say he would not have ( i think in the book extended universe he does). i reckon Rey is a grandchild of Anakin either way, being niece of Solo would be enough to explain much. don't buy this Kenobi idea, not sure why anyone gives it any time, she's clearly too young and would imply he'd left her behind to look over Luke then go off on some damn fool idealistic crusade. makes no sense to the character or his history (considering in the Clone wars theres a story of him have a love interest he put aside.)

Last edited:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
My money's on:

Episode 8: Rey & Dad (Luke Skywalker) go save Mum Skywalker who was kidnapped by The First Order.

The First Order have put her into slavery, along with a few of the Jedi younglings that Luke was training a few years ago.
Yoda shows up somewhere to guide Luke & Rey to Mother.

Momma Skywalker and Jedi Youngling (now Rey's age) just about escape Kylo Ren's evil clutches with the help of Luke and Rey, and find a new hiding place.

Episode 9: The Skywalker family and Jedi Younglings are all fully trained and ready to kick some First Order ass, With the help of the Rebellion.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My money's on:

Episode 8: Rey & Dad (Luke Skywalker) go save Mum Skywalker who was kidnapped by The First Order.

The First Order have put her into slavery, along with a few of the Jedi younglings that Luke was training a few years ago.

Momma Skywalker and Jedi Youngling (now Rey's age) just about escape Kylo Ren's evil clutches with the help of Luke and Rey, and find a new hiding place.

Episode 9: The Skywalker family and Jedi Younglings are all fully trained and ready to kick some First Order ass, With the help of the Rebellion.

My prediction - Rey goes to the Dark Side... Kylo Ren turns to the light side, Luke get a sex change and becomes Louise.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I don't get the repeated use of masks in the series, I know Kylo Ren is an ugly spud but he doesn't need to hide behind a mask and tends to take it off without much prompting thus reducing his impact. The original Vader mask was logical and sensible, it hid his horrific injuries and gave him mystique but the new guy is just not a looker.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
The thing that surprised me the most was captain phasmas voice! I wasn't expecting that..

Why does kylo ren wear a mask? & use a vocoder? Odd

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
My money's on:

They will also probably blow up a variation of the Death Star at the end of each movie. Saves having to think up something original to fill the final third.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
They will also probably blow up a variation of the Death Star at the end of each movie. Saves having to think up something original to fill the final third.

Go on then, lets have some ideas for an ultimate weapon that is even more ultimate than a Death Star . ???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Go on then, lets have some ideas for an ultimate weapon that is even more ultimate than a Death Star . ???
Davros invented that reality bomb which destroyed all reality in all parallel dimensions. That was pretty ultimate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here