Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Standing in the North Stand

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What we need here to finally knock this on the head is a Statement thus:

" The management of Brighton and Hove Albion wish to advise customers that in accordance with xxxxxxx FA/UEFA rule, standing in our all seater stadium is now forbidden. The impression given by club officials at the time when we were trying to entice supporters to buy a Season Ticket was in fact entirely incorrect and there will be no standing in the North Stand whatsoever. Please disregard what was said ( and reiterated to Mr J Baine by Mr M Perry this week) as it was a total fib Please do enjoy yourselves without standing up, eat our delicious catering offerings and drink our alcohol, bearing in mind that if a steward does smell this alcohol on your breath, you will instantly be ejected in accordance with xxxxxxx FA/EUFA rule on drinking in football grounds"

I expect to see something like this in the programme notes tomorrow as hinted by Mr Bozza

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

" The management of Brighton and Hove Albion wish to advise customers that in accordance with xxxxxxx FA/UEFA rule, standing in our all seater stadium is now forbidden. The impression given by club officials at the time when we were trying to entice supporters to buy a Season Ticket was in fact entirely incorrect and there will be no standing in the North Stand whatsoever. Please disregard what was said ( and reiterated to Mr J Baine by Mr M Perry this week) as it was a total fib Please do enjoy yourselves without standing up, eat our delicious catering offerings and drink our alcohol, bearing in mind that if a steward does smell this alcohol on your breath, you will instantly be ejected in accordance with xxxxxxx FA/EUFA rule on drinking in football grounds"

I expect to see something like this in the programme notes tomorrow as hinted by Mr Bozza

Why not just 'Sit down and shut up' ?

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
For a number of reasons, I''m pretty sure that standing in the North Stand will be a subject of discussion after tomorrow's game again, so please...

- Don't do anything that will jeopardise your ability to carry on supporting the Albion. You may want to stand up all the time, but I bet you want to be able to come to every Albion game more.

- Respect the stewards should they speak to you. They are just doing a job. They may or may not like aspects of their job any more than you do.

- Don't look to agitate. "Stand up if you hate Palace" every time stewards are asking people to be seated isn't particularly big, clever or funny.

(You may think I'm a twat for writing this but, primarily, I don't want people getting chucked out and/or missing games if it can be avoided.)

Can I ask what your challenge was back to the club when they passed this info to you ? Thanks

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I will be starting a Hebbard out chant tomorrow, whilst sitting obviously !
I will follow it up with a Barber out Chant.
And to finish I will be starting a Perry out chant as He told me to my face that the back 4 rows would be allowed to stand, which by the sound of things is no longer going to be the case, if I had known this at the time I would have probably gone in the WSU.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
And to finish I will be starting a Perry out chant as He told me to my face that the back 4 rows would be allowed to stand, which by the sound of things is no longer going to be the case, if I had known this at the time I would have probably gone in the WSU.

you could always contact customer services and see if you can get a move on the basis of mis-selling (or even a refund maybe) :rolleyes:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can I ask what your challenge was back to the club when they passed this info to you ? Thanks

I've not been passed any info.

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned to some people at the club that there was clearly an escalating situation in the North that needed to be resolved to prevent it spiralling into a Withdean-esque confrontation. I suggested that there seemed to be various interpretations of the rules in circulation.

I believe the rules are to be clarified in the near future.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
The official website is flush with pictures of Albion fans standing up and singing which is nearly always the case when the fans gallery is published too. Maybe it's their fault for promoting it:wrong:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'd never consider myself the voice of the club. Nor the (or, even, a) voice of the fans. I am, however, very much a fan. I represent my own views when it suits and I also, from time to time, try to ensure the club are aware of any particular strong themes running on NSC, whether I agree with them or not.

I've had no discussions with anyone at the club, senior or otherwise.

So basically you're just :fishing:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Or, "when we sold the season tickets we tried to accommodate fans and suggested that we would be more lax in applying the UEFA/FIFA regulation in the back few rows, but this leniency has been abused by people further forward than this, and as such we are now being forced to clamp down on the whole stand"

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Or, "when we sold the season tickets we tried to accommodate fans and suggested that we would be more lax in applying the UEFA/FIFA regulation in the back few rows, but this leniency has been abused by people further forward than this, and as such we are now being forced to clamp down on the whole stand"

Because who could have forseen that happening ?

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
This is going to run and run till everyone in the north stand is either sitting down all the time , has been thrown out and banned or just gives up buying a season ticket. Was told by a steward i know that the club want the Amex to become the safest ground in the country and this is one way of achieving that. It's going to get alot worse I feel.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
So the bloke in front of me stands up for the entire game and a steward dies nothing about it ?
So I sit for 90 minutes not being able to see a thing ?
They can go and do one as far as I'm concerned as if he stands , I stand , simple as that. Also if he did sit down I would be gutted as he is my excuse to stand up during the game !!!

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
The sad thing is we should all be excited and looking forward to the game but i fear this is not the case now, everyone will be waiting for something to happen with the stewards, thus spoiling the enjoyment and the atmosphere, is this really what we want from the amex looking over your shoulder all the time, just because you stand up alittle to much what has football come to no passion no excitement.Maybe if things get to bad we could protest by staying in the concourse after half time, after all we are the customers... not fans anymore... and have a right to vote with are feet,

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
That's what my friend was told when he got my season ticket also. Back four rows were allowed to stand. I really fear that we will be forced to sit down due to other fans failing to buy a season ticket in the back four rows because they want to stand also and therefore ruin it for people like us.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I was a long-time fan of standing at matches, but I have to say I now prefer sitting. Maybe an age thing? In fact it irritates me at away games (Palace and Charlton) that you HAVE to stand because every bugger around you is standing. That is very inconsiderate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here