Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Standing in the North Stand

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For a number of reasons, I''m pretty sure that standing in the North Stand will be a subject of discussion after tomorrow's game again, so please...

- Don't do anything that will jeopardise your ability to carry on supporting the Albion. You may want to stand up all the time, but I bet you want to be able to come to every Albion game more.

- Respect the stewards should they speak to you. They are just doing a job. They may or may not like aspects of their job any more than you do.

- Don't look to agitate. "Stand up if you hate Palace" every time stewards are asking people to be seated isn't particularly big, clever or funny.

(You may think I'm a twat for writing this but, primarily, I don't want people getting chucked out and/or missing games if it can be avoided.)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Fair point, however the club need to tell the supporters what their policy is now... agreed?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Bozza knows something is coming, maybe a zero tolerance policy on standing tomorrow. I guess we'll see.

You can see it coming can't you?

Zero Tolerance standing > little atmosphere > people standing up to try and start something going > OTT stewarding > much, much moaning on here tomorrow night.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
- "Stand up if you hate Palace" every time stewards are asking people to be seated isn't particularly big, clever or funny.
It is a little funny though

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It is a little funny though

As funny as 'what's brown and sticky?... A Stick'. Mildly amusing the first time you hear it, but when it's been told hundreds of times (and the stand up if you hate palace was old hat at withdean) it stops being funny.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
The tone of this and other threads on here has me more than a little worried. I really can't believe the club and/or Barber are trying to alienate the fans from the inevitable progress of BHAFC but that's the way it's going.

Perhaps it's just the transition that us longstanding (excuse the pun) fans are struggling with the most but it's clear that some kind of very public dialogue needs to be opened between the fans and the board.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
But surely if one person is standing up and they respond to their accuser and adminstrator of reclination by pointing at other upright sinners then they are immediately absolved with the motto IT'S NOT JUST ME.
I'm going to do all i can to psychologically avoid witnessing the battle and do nothing but watch the encounter that should thrill in front of me

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
There is a fantastic amount of whinging on here about standing. The whole thing is pathetic.Standing is not allowed - end of.Some people need to grow up (and a pair).

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Hope the (female mainly) and other stewards have had a "don't lie in front of supporters" message, will help going forward

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I'm expecting problems tomorrow, probably simply caused by people not following what the stewards say, despite the fact they won't be as strict.

If you try to cause problems, you deserve to be thrown out. If you are told off by a steward for doing nothing wrong, then talk to them - don't assault them.

Id expect they will be fine with the usual 7 rows from the back of the North standing, but forward of that will be expected to sit, the club need to clarify all this !!!

storer

Nov 28, 2010
cant wait for the life to be sucked out of the only stand which creates an atmosphere at the amex. standing with a row of seated people behind you, yes wrong. standing in a group of loud and passionate fans, at thier own risk, towards the back of the singing section. fine. stewards and the club need to get a grip and relaise stewards at other clubs, although not written on headed paper, turn a blind eye to things like this.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's looking rather like Hebberd has Bozza's goolies in a vice :eek: :nono:

Not at all - I've had no communication with Richard for many weeks.

I simply don't want people to miss out on watching the Albion. That's all.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
There is a fantastic amount of whinging on here about standing. The whole thing is pathetic.Standing is not allowed - end of.Some people need to grow up (and a pair).
Bollocks. Standing IS allowed. End of. And the reason it is allowed is precisely because people HAVE grown pairs and don't slavishly follow petty, poorly-thought out legislation. And it's going to take more than a few stewards to stop it.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
stewards and the club need to get a grip and relaise stewards at other clubs, although not written on headed paper, turn a blind eye to things like this.

Do they? In home ends?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
i assume that the 2,000 Forest supporters will also be told to sit in their seats.

We've all been to other grounds where we, as away fans, were the only people standing and where the stewards did precious little to change that.

As such, it always strikes me as a bit hypocritical when we point at the away fans at the Amex and say "but, but, but, they're allowed to stand over there."

It just happens in football, doesn't it? I'm not saying it's right, but it does seem to be how it is, apart from a rare exception.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here