Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Standing in the North Stand

storer

Nov 28, 2010
can some1 just ask the players, club and management, do they want an loud vibrant atmosphere or cinema feel to the amex, because the way things are going, and the way rules are being put across, its between these two scenarios, no inbetween.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is there something in Paul Barber's programme notes tomorrow ???

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
can some1 just ask the players, club and management, do they want an loud vibrant atmosphere or cinema feel to the amex, because the way things are going, and the way rules are being put across, its between these two scenarios, no inbetween.

You don't need an ENTIRE stand standing to make an atmosphere, keep it as the back whatever rows as we don't do too badly as it is.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], are you the voice of the club on these matters now? I can't help but think your post has been prompted by a chat with someone senior at the club. Would you be happy to confirm or deny this?

storer

Nov 28, 2010
your bike has a seat, do you always use it? hard to pedal uphill when seated, hard to create an atmospeher when seated.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Bollocks. Standing IS allowed. End of. And the reason it is allowed is precisely because people HAVE grown pairs and don't slavishly follow petty, poorly-thought out legislation. And it's going to take more than a few stewards to stop it.

Right. Except standing isn't allowed. It hasn't been for twenty years.

storer

Nov 28, 2010
You don't need an ENTIRE stand standing to make an atmosphere, keep it as the back whatever rows as we don't do too badly as it is.

so out of 23,000 people, you feel its correct they only allow two rows of people standing if they wish to...hmmm. differant sections should have differant rules (unwritten) to follow within reason

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We've all been to other grounds where we, as away fans, were the only people standing and where the stewards did precious little to change that.

As such, it always strikes me as a bit hypocritical when we point at the away fans at the Amex and say "but, but, but, they're allowed to stand over there."

It just happens in football, doesn't it? I'm not saying it's right, but it does seem to be how it is, apart from a rare exception.
Excatly, hence my point that standing IS allowed, and all those who say it isn't are wrong. And this situation isn't going to improve/change until the regulations are evenly enforced or the authorities recognise and accept the de facto situation (i.e. by introducing safe standing)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sounds like there will be some bans dished out after tomorrow. I hope they are only short ones to prove a point and not too draconian.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], are you the voice of the club on these matters now? I can't help but think your post has been prompted by a chat with someone senior at the club. Would you be happy to confirm or deny this?

I'd never consider myself the voice of the club. Nor the (or, even, a) voice of the fans. I am, however, very much a fan. I represent my own views when it suits and I also, from time to time, try to ensure the club are aware of any particular strong themes running on NSC, whether I agree with them or not.

I've had no discussions with anyone at the club, senior or otherwise.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
so out of 23,000 people, you feel its correct they only allow two rows of people standing if they wish to...hmmm. differant sections should have differant rules (unwritten) to follow within reason

I've been told by the club it's the back 7 rows of the North. There is NO reason to have everyone standing in an ALL
SEATER stadium. The club could be proper twats by making the entire North Stand sit down, but they haven't (yet anyway(.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
***Please remember to politely clap every goal/incident whilst being seated*** We will happily tank you up on beer though *** In 3 years time we will wonder what has happened to the atmosphere, scratching our heads in dismay*** What is Groupon's telephone number? ***

Dec 29, 2011
***Please remember to politely clap every goal/incident whilst being seated*** We will happily tank you up on beer though *** In 3 years time we will wonder what has happened to the atmosphere, scratching our heads in dismay*** What is Groupon's telephone number? ***

Don't clap too loud or Barber will ban you :moo:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
So, standing is allowed because people ignore the legislation that says standing is not allowed?
Precisely. It may be 'wrong' and you may not like it, but it happens at every single ground every single game.

Right. Except standing isn't allowed. It hasn't been for twenty years.
But it IS allowed! I'm well aware of the regulations, and likewise you should be aware that there are a large proportion of fans that ignore them (like doing 80mph on a motorway but not so dangerous). The proportion is so large that the regulations cannot be enforced, ergo standing is allowed.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
cant wait for the life to be sucked out of the only stand which creates an atmosphere at the amex. standing with a row of seated people behind you, yes wrong. standing in a group of loud and passionate fans, at thier own risk, towards the back of the singing section. fine. stewards and the club need to get a grip and relaise stewards at other clubs, although not written on headed paper, turn a blind eye to things like this.

There is always someone who has to change the thread to "My Stand is better than your stand"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here