Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

staff night out ~ Thursday

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
That's a very good list of the most pretentious, overpriced, sh!thouse bars in Brighton. Well done.:glare:

Natterjack, try anywhere in North Laine, in terms of pubs... Particularly places like Fitsherberts, the Mash Tun and the Waggon and Horses.

Also try the full moon in the Lanes.

DO NOT, on any account, go to West Street.

Don't drink too much, we don't want a wonky stadium.

Pretentious, oooo get you, Barneys last time I was there was £2 a drink, I need to get out more if that's overpriced. I don't think cost came into Natters criteria, drink, bints and no bandits did. All down to choice though, you don't like mine, I don't like yours, get over it

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
That's a very good list of the most pretentious, overpriced, sh!thouse bars in Brighton. Well done.:glare:

Natterjack, try anywhere in North Laine, in terms of pubs... Particularly places like Fitsherberts, the Mash Tun and the Waggon and Horses.

Also try the full moon in the Lanes.

"Somewhere with with good music and short sighted, pretty females who might fancy a bit of horizontal jogging"

Where do you find the list of requirements in these said pubs. Yes they are good for a drink, but not the criteria our fave Falmer builder was after

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
Don't go to any of these, they're all horrible (no offence Mr Redeyes.)

Audio's not bad. Honeyclub is a right laugh if you don't mind a bit of chart stuff (and vodka's a quid.) They're both really cheap to get in. Most pubs that aren't on West Street are good.

No offence taken. I was only thinking along the lines of what would a bunch of builders want on a night out. I could suggest RDF, Bath Arms, The Market, Cricketers, it all depends on what you want. I can't imagine seeing eye candy in those places, except RDF, on a Thurs night whereas the Pitcher you will. Not my preference by any stretch of the imagination for a drink...

I wouldn't have suggested your choices as I want the lads at work on Fri, bad enough they are out on a school night, but heyho we all do it

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
"Somewhere with with good music and short sighted, pretty females who might fancy a bit of horizontal jogging"

Where do you find the list of requirements in these said pubs. Yes they are good for a drink, but not the criteria our fave Falmer builder was after

What are you on about? The pubs I listed play fantastic music and are full of beautiful girls!

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Pitcher and Piano at the bottom of East St
West St for YOUNG bints, though avoid spoons as it's full of binners
Barney's in Western Road Hove
I'll refer you to Csider, our resident late night expert, slightly more clued up than I am on these matters

basically avoid those 2 places, plus everywhere on west street and you can't go wrong.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Pretentious hipster students more like, better off down West Street!

I guess that's what I am then. My definition of pretentious, as used earlier in this thread, is someone who thinks they're too cool for school and will probably want to fight you if you approach them and you don't know them, rathr than a friendly indie crowd

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I guess that's what I am then. My definition of pretentious, as used earlier in this thread, is someone who thinks they're too cool for school and will probably want to fight you if you approach them and you don't know them, rathr than a friendly indie crowd

Er, no. Pretentious people don't want to fight you. In fact claiming anyone in pitcher and piano etc in general is a bit wrong, because most people in those bars are just lads having a night out.

Definition of pretentious:

1. Claiming or demanding a position of distinction or merit, especially when unjustified.
2. Making or marked by an extravagant outward show; ostentatious. See Synonyms at showy.

There's a small MINORITY of people in Mash Tun etc etc who believe that just because they have a beard and listen to the Pitchfork top 100 they know better then anyone else and places on West Street and bars like that are above them. Which int true is it, different striokes for different folks and just because someones wearing nike or adidas doesn't make anyone a lesser person when your wearing some thrifted victorian shoes form the local charity shop eh!

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Er, no. Pretentious people don't want to fight you. In fact claiming anyone in pitcher and piano etc in general is a bit wrong, because most people in those bars are just lads having a night out.

Definition of pretentious:

1. Claiming or demanding a position of distinction or merit, especially when unjustified.
2. Making or marked by an extravagant outward show; ostentatious. See Synonyms at showy.

There's a small MINORITY of people in Mash Tun etc etc who believe that just because they have a beard and listen to the Pitchfork top 100 they know better then anyone else and places on West Street and bars like that are above them. Which int true is it, different striokes for different folks and just because someones wearing nike or adidas doesn't make anyone a lesser person when your wearing some thrifted victorian shoes form the local charity shop eh!

cant disagree with that,myself and some friends often go to a few bars around west and east street and along the beach but i dont class them as chavs.majority of people just want to have a decent night whereever that is.i went to the waggon last saturday and saw a few old drunks,some soap dodgers,few foreign people and some chavs.no sign of any beautiful women,i must have gone on the wrong night.

Jan 30, 2008
cant disagree with that,myself and some friends often go to a few bars around west and east street and along the beach but i dont class them as chavs.majority of people just want to have a decent night whereever that is.i went to the waggon last saturday and saw a few old drunks,some soap dodgers,few foreign people and some chavs.no sign of any beautiful women,i must have gone on the wrong night.

i see lots of beautiful women most days :p

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
the busiest night in brighton on a thursday is shameless at audio, its a young studenty crowd but dirt cheap and a good laugh,

if you want somewhere not as busy but with excellent music try the thursday night fish fry at jam, 50 and 60s ska and jamaican calypso.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here