Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SSN saying £6m bid for Ulloa today. Havent we already turned down £7m?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
John Percy from The Telegraph has tweeted that Leicester are preparing to make final bid of £7.5m. He is usually very accurate.....

I truely hope he is right that it is a final bid ( which we reject as not meeting the valuation ).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So you are implying that Bloom was lying?

We have only heard one side, I'd like to hear Oscar's before I can make a decision. Two managers don't want to walk away from a set up like the Albion seem to have without good reason IMO.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Normally I would be more than happy to sell for 7 million but the fact McCormack went for 10 million I would hold out for at least 8 mill. The valuation of footballers is complete bullshite and if LCFC really want him then they will raise their bid.
I just hope we have a replacement lined up and don't have to wait another 2 years to get someone in.

I would be tempted to sign Schlupp as part of the deal.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Would bite both hands off for that.

It'd be very exciting to see who Sami might buy with that sort of cash to spend.

Are you that naive to think that Sami would get anywhere near the total selling amount to spend on players ?

He will be lucky to get 5 out of the 7.5 and that my friend will get us diddly squat in the grand scheme.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
All very well taking the £7.5 million but if wage structure in place of £10k approx a wk max, quality replacement going to be hard to find.

Bingo! however strikers cost and deservedly so,however i would like to think we could go to 20k/wk,still on the lower side for a top goal scorer at this level..

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
If you have a top Championship footballer at your club that happens to be a centre forward then we have to negotiate for PARACHUTE money type fees. Leicester City have just been granted a £90 million windfall.

If they want Ulloa so badly they can divert 11% of it to BHAFC. That's £10m!

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
We have only heard one side, I'd like to hear Oscar's before I can make a decision. Two managers don't want to walk away from a set up like the Albion seem to have without good reason IMO.

Andy Naylor put across Oscar's story originally, claiming that the club didn't support him in the transfer market. Bloom then responded saying that was unfair as the club tried to support him but all of Oscar's targets were either unrealistic or unattainable.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If you have a top Championship footballer at your club that happens to be a centre forward then we have to negotiate for PARACHUTE money type fees. Leicester City have just been granted a £90 million windfall.

If they want Ulloa so badly they can divert 11% of it to BHAFC. That's £10m!

Exactly !! Leicester have to stop being skinflints, and pay the fair market (McCormack ) value.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Andy Naylor put across Oscar's story originally, claiming that the club didn't support him in the transfer market. Bloom then responded saying that was unfair as the club tried to support him but all of Oscar's targets were either unrealistic or unattainable.

Interesting, have you got a link to that piece by Oscar?

All I can find is this and it says nothing about Oscar claiming he wasn't supported, although he clearly wasn't, for whatever reason.

www.theargus.co.uk/sport/11207879.Oscar_Garcia_quits_Albion/

Last edited:

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
All very well taking the £7.5 million but if wage structure in place of £10k approx a wk max, quality replacement going to be hard to find.

Agreed. We could sell at 7m and have the transfer fee available. But I don't think that the club would commit the wages needed for a top striker over the contract length and we are always going to be looking for a bargain in the hope that it works

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Interesting, have you got a link to that piece by Oscar?

All I can find is this and it says nothing about Oscar claiming he wasn't supported, although he clearly wasn't, for whatever reason.

www.theargus.co.uk/sport/11207879.Oscar_Garcia_quits_Albion/

There was a much longer version of this in the newspaper. It was actually an interesting piece, well worth reading. I don't think The Argus put such things online any more.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Agreed. We could sell at 7m and have the transfer fee available. But I don't think that the club would commit the wages needed for a top striker over the contract length and we are always going to be looking for a bargain in the hope that it works

We have that bargain in Ulloa,that said if he becomes unsettled or hands in a transfer request we could find our selves in a difficult position,that said it's a nice problem to have,basically i'd like the manager to come out and say "if Leicester want Ulloa,then they will have to match the clubs valuation".

But we know that will never happen..

The way modern football is now you just need a Premiership team like Leicester to merely whisper Ulloa's name and he will have his bags backed, ready to go. I would imagine the sale is a formality, as much as it pains myself to admit it. My main gripe with the Albion at the moment is we don't seem to be very good at learning from previous mistakes, collectively. We are potentially going to end up as underprepared as last season, if not more, with the squad not bedding in properly.

Simply put, I would sell at 6 million and re-invest the money directly into a squad that has a worryingly weakened spine. Yes, Ulloa is part of that, but we must build from the back. A goalkeeper and CB is an absolute must.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The way modern football is now you just need a Premiership team like Leicester to merely whisper Ulloa's name and he will have his bags backed, ready to go. I would imagine the sale is a formality, as much as it pains myself to admit it. My main gripe with the Albion at the moment is we don't seem to be very good at learning from previous mistakes, collectively. We are potentially going to end up as underprepared as last season, if not more, with the squad not bedding in properly.

Simply put, I would sell at 6 million and re-invest the money directly into a squad that has a worryingly weakened spine. Yes, Ulloa is part of that, but we must build from the back. A goalkeeper and CB is an absolute must.

Give Leo his due, he hasn't put in a transfer request.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I've said it before. I would be truly amazed if we had really turned down a bid of £7m for Ulloa, stunned in fact. Whatever you may read or hear.

Think if £6m bid is true I'd be amazed if we turn that down, much needed money for FFP purposes can't see much being reinvested

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I have a very bad feeling abour our finances IF we are in such a state that we have to accept a derisory offer.

Is this the next part of a firesale that actually started with Bridcutt and Barnes ???

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I have a very bad feeling abour our finances if we are in such a state that we have to accept a derisory offer.

Is this the next part of a firesale that actually started with Bridcutt and Barnes ???

Think we are now going to utilise the new training ground to bring in and nurture talent and sell them on if decent bids come our way

Weretheweststand

Unregistered User
Aug 23, 2011
Hailsham
From twitter -

@soccer_sauce: Our understanding is that Brighton have accepted Leicester's latest bid for the player and Ulloa is forcing through a move #BHAFC #LFC

Could be accurate, could be rubbish, that account has got a couple right and a couple wrong about us before...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here