Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SSN saying £6m bid for Ulloa today. Havent we already turned down £7m?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Was Chris Wood really that much worse than Leo last season or are people making up rubbish about 5/6M and a better player who's younger for a great player?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
John Percy from The Telegraph has tweeted that Leicester are preparing to make final bid of £7.5m. He is usually very accurate.....

Would bite both hands off for that.

It'd be very exciting to see who Sami might buy with that sort of cash to spend.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Retweeted by Johnny Cantor
John Percy [MENTION=7807]john[/MENTION]__Percy · 3h
#lcfc set to make final £7.5m bid for Leonardo Ulloa & offer Jamie Vardy new contract via [MENTION=4416]Tel[/MENTION]egraph http://fw.to/K1W1uae

The Telegraph is reporting it to be £7.5m.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Be very surprised if we didn't accept that, as the club has said there is no need to sell, I would expect, naively perhaps, that all that would be reinvested in the squad. Would be sorry to see him go, but every player has their price and he deserves a chance in the top flight. Would go with my best wishes.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
It sounds a lot of money but the club will be aware from negotiations elsewhere of who we could actually buy with those monies and what their wage demands would be. I think we might be disappointed, hence I hope we do not sell. Ulloa is proven, would his replacement be ? I doubt it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would bite both hands off for that.

It'd be very exciting to see who Sami might buy with that sort of cash to spend.

What makes you think he'd be given it to spend? Any more than Oscar was given any of the Bridcutt or Barnes money and we ended up lacking any experienced cover in the mauling at Derby. I am happy to be proved wrong but I get the impression that we will not be spending big whatever happens with Ulloa.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
All very well taking the £7.5 million but if wage structure in place of £10k approx a wk max, quality replacement going to be hard to find.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
What makes you think he'd be given it to spend? Any more than Oscar was given any of the Bridcutt or Barnes money and we ended up lacking any experienced cover in the mauling at Derby. I am happy to be proved wrong but I get the impression that we will not be spending big whatever happens with Ulloa.

Proven goalscorers at top Championship level, of which they are not many, will be out of our price range. The players are the key to the Premiership millions and are just not available. I would though love to be proved wrong.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Normally I would be more than happy to sell for 7 million but the fact McCormack went for 10 million I would hold out for at least 8 mill. The valuation of footballers is complete bullshite and if LCFC really want him then they will raise their bid.
I just hope we have a replacement lined up and don't have to wait another 2 years to get someone in.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It wouldn't have mattered how much Oscar was given as his list of players were all unavailable for one reason or another.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It wouldn't have mattered how much Oscar was given as his list of players were all unavailable for one reason or another.

So Bloom says....he was never going to say "we misled Oscar about the budget"

Not suggesting he did but if you swallow the everything was Oscar's fault line re player recruitment, more fool you IMO :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So Bloom says....he was never going to say "we misled Oscar about the budget"

Not suggesting he did but if you swallow the everything was Oscar's fault line re player recruitment, more fool you IMO :shrug:

So you are implying that Bloom was lying?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here