Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SSN saying £6m bid for Ulloa today. Havent we already turned down £7m?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Agree with this. We'll certainly be using McCormack as a bargaining tool. If he's "worth" around 10 million (even if he was overpriced) there's certainly no way a Premier League team should get Ulloa for less than 8/9.

I think he'll go. I think we'll have someone lined up right now to replace him if the deal goes through. Leicester obviously want him pretty badly and they have the money to pay much more. We'll make them sweat, sell him for a decent fee, replace him and a nice wedge to the transfer kitty for more of Sammy's signings.

Or.... we'll just tell em to fack orf.

I hope we have got someone lined up but a like-for-like replacement will be difficult. Leicester know that decent big target men are in short supply and that is why they are prepared to break their record to get him. The Ulloa/CMS partnership seems a natural fit but we may not get to see it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I hope we have got someone lined up but a like-for-like replacement will be difficult. Leicester know that decent big target men are in short supply and that is why they are prepared to break their record to get him. The Ulloa/CMS partnership seems a natural fit but we may not get to see it.

Replacements from the UK are going to cost big money. A return to the Spanish market where we got Ulloa maybe a good idea. This fella (this is 100% guess work) for 3m?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Šćepović

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I share your concern as we are already a striker light having lost Barnes.
And we've lost Hoskins.
I would imagine regardless of the ulloa situation the club are in the hunt for a new striker. This will work to our advantage as well as we won't have a fat cheque in our back pocket whilst we try and negotiate with other clubs
The other clubs will know what we've been offered for Ulloa though, so I'm not sure that'll help.

He is and he is also central to sunderlands plans for next season which is why I believe he would cost Leicester far more than the £8-10m we seem to asking for Ulloa.
I can't imagine Sunderland would let Wickham go unless it was for huge money.

See post above. I am the new scouts!
As the new scouts, could you please keep our targets a secret, as we know other clubs scour NSC looking for tips.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
As others have said even if we make 7-8M can't see much if any of that going back into the squad

We all know it just won't and for perhaps the short to medium term,it will be beneficial to use it to offset losses,for those prepared to sell Ulloa,just bear in mind that a promotion challenge will probably have to wait-

We can't keep selling our best players,if he hands in a transfer request fine,for now he is under contract,and remains an Albion player,and i really hope we stick to our guns over our asking price..

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Agree with this. We'll certainly be using McCormack as a bargaining tool. If he's "worth" around 10 million (even if he was overpriced) there's certainly no way a Premier League team should get Ulloa for less than 8/9.

I think he'll go. I think we'll have someone lined up right now to replace him if the deal goes through. Leicester obviously want him pretty badly and they have the money to pay much more. We'll make them sweat, sell him for a decent fee, replace him and a nice wedge to the transfer kitty for more of Sammy's signings

Or.... we'll just tell em to fack orf.

Can't see the word kitty without of thinking about someone else!

Love from Miss U Knights!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here