Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs game postponed (CONFIRMED 09/12/2021)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Personally delighted as couldn't make it due to Mrs GB heading to the smoke that day leaving me with the puppy. Will watch the F1 with him and the boy when not getting nipped or mopping up wee-wee (and the dog's even worse, ba-dum-tish).

But this HAS to be a consistent standard now. Any club, however big or famous, should be able to cancel for Covid reasons. And, with a more infectious strain seemingly here already, the season could go into June - just in time to start again to fit in a criminally ill-suited World Cup.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Who wants to go to football on a Sunday anyway

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Kind of takes away the value of having developed a decent 25 man squad.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Wonder how many positive tests it takes to get a game called off.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Plus Side. Saves me an 8 HR round trip but I would have got home at a decent time.

Negative Side. But no doubt it will be midweek so that means a couple of days off work as getting home at 0230 isn't good for me.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Is this good or bad?
On the one hand it gives our injured players more time to recover and we still may have lost with our injury hit squad.
Or we would have had a good chance of getting 3 points as they cobble together a side.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Is this good or bad?
On the one hand it gives our injured players more time to recover and we still may have lost with our injury hit squad.
Or we would have had a good chance of getting 3 points as they cobble together a side.

Who knows. We were basically having to cobble together a side as well………

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Wonder how many positive tests it takes to get a game called off.

From what I've read, there doesn't seem to be a set number in the Premier League. Probably depends on the size of the club asking :wink:

To be serious, in this situation, maybe it's just as well. Conte certainly seemed genuinely concerned at his press conference and, unlikely as it may be, if a footballer or a member of their family ends up seriously ill, it'd look very stupid in hindsight not to have put health first. Surely a sign of the transmissibility of the new variant that it seems to be rampaging through football, which had mostly protected itself very well throughout. Up to 7 at Leicester too now and 3 staff.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
When we lose at West Brom and Spurs get turned over by Morecombe, we'll both have a spare Saturday to get this done.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Isn’t it strange how all those Spurs players with a positive test were recently seen boarding a private jet en route to Abu Dhabi. It may just be coincidental or to get some warmer weather to aid recovery but the Lewis Hamilton baseball caps make me think otherwise.

NigelL

Feb 23, 2012
Ticket Sharing scheme stoops to a new low…

“Any supporter who has purchased a ticket is advised that the ticket will be valid for the rescheduled match date.

This includes supporters who received a ticket through the season ticket sharing system or 1901 ticket transfer or purchased hospitality.

Season-ticket holders and 1901 club members who have distributed or sold their seats through these systems are advised that their season tickets have been deactivated for this match and, if you wish to attend the rescheduled fixture, you will be able to purchase match tickets once the new fixture date is confirmed.”

So if the person that the ticket has been shared with can’t go, the Albion get the chance to sell the ticket all over again (regardless of whether the ST holder could make the revised date) [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here