Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Speed cameras

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That road is a f***ing joke. It should be a 40mph limit, thats why they put the knobhead with the speed gun there. That said, everyone knows it's a speed trap so you should know better.

That is the first time that I have driven down that road since I left The Cricketers in 2001, when I used it frequently. Sure it was 40 then but the officer jumped out from the road at the side of the Wooklpack and when I questioned his jumping out he said he wasnt hiding as he had a flourescent jacket on. He recorded my speed 172.8yds away. How was I supposed to see him in a side road at that distance but not worth fighting.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
from memory they offered course to people who were doing 10% +2mph over the speed limit. Along with that they estimate that you get clocked doing slightly less than you think you are according to the speedo in the car

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
That is the first time that I have driven down that road since I left The Cricketers in 2001, when I used it frequently. Sure it was 40 then but the officer jumped out from the road at the side of the Wooklpack and when I questioned his jumping out he said he wasnt hiding as he had a flourescent jacket on. He recorded my speed 172.8yds away. How was I supposed to see him in a side road at that distance but not worth fighting.

Should you be driving at all if you are unable to spot a man in a flurescent jacket at that distance?

Oh and by the way top marks to the op for taking it on the chin.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Should you be driving at all if you are unable to spot a man in a flurescent jacket at that distance?

Oh and by the way top marks to the op for taking it on the chin.

Nobody could see him as the 172yds is as you come around a bend and anybody who knows that road knows that you cannot see the Woolpack until you go around that bend and that is when the gun captures you that is why he sat there. By the time that you can see him it is too late as he has got you as you come into sight. It has nothing to do with my eyesight for which I have had an operations to take away the need for glasses

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

You need to be looking for road signs telling you what the speed limit is, rather than fluorescent jackets.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You need to be looking for road signs telling you what the speed limit is, rather than fluorescent jackets.

I went back and checked that. It is national speed limit from Shell garage at Hickstead to the Triangle then becomes 40 and as you turn on the roundabout to Sussex Way there are 30mph signs but must admit I missed them hence going back to check before accepting the speeding fine.

foul old ron

I'll decide, thank you.
Feb 26, 2009
Round the back, by the bins.
Take the course. You WILL learn something. I attended one and went with the attitude that it would be a waste of time. It wasn't.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I went back and checked that. It is national speed limit from Shell garage at Hickstead to the Triangle then becomes 40 and as you turn on the roundabout to Sussex Way there are 30mph signs but must admit I missed them hence going back to check before accepting the speeding fine.
Anyone with half a brain and a driving licence knows that in a built-up area unless you see a sign telling you otherwise it's a 30. End of. Are you saying that because you didn't see a sign you thought it was a 40?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
An update about my speeding which may be off interest and help others. I have had great problems paying the fine as the 0300 number didnt recognise the ticket number and the help line was permanently engaged. Rather than incur further charges for bailiffs or whatever sent an E mail to the contact centre at Sussex Police who provided me with a number for assistance, it took an age to answer but did eventually and the chap gave me a new 16 figure ticket reference number and 0300 number to ring which went straight through and the payment was accepted. The help number given by Sussex Police was 01273 665696.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here