South news - world cup hooligans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Yes I dont think the SA police are too concerned about a few plastic chairs being thrown around when there are 90 murders a day and a reported rape every 17 seconds. It seems the English police are wasting time and resourses on this.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Yes I dont think the SA police are too concerned about a few plastic chairs being thrown around when there are 90 murders a day and a reported rape every 17 seconds. It seems the English police are wasting time and resourses on this.

I think they are actually. They are concerned for the safety and security of all vistors during the World Cup. If anyone is coming here to cause trouble, then they can expect to be dealt with severely. It would be irresponsible of the SA Police not to have talked to all federations around the world about the problems of hooliganism and those individuals involved in it.

The World Cup is being taken VERY seriously here and any major incidents could screw this country up for years. The authorities will be trying extremely hard to prevent that.

My advice would be that if anyone is considering throwing a plastic chair towards an SA policeman, think again. I would not like to consider the consequences.

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
So the police are yet again flapping their gums about stopping England hooligans going to and at the world cup in South Africa (south today tonight) Is it just me or has there been no or very little trouble for many years - maybe they should worry more about protecting the England fans in one of the most dangerous places on the planet. Having a run around on the streets of Germany or France are one thing but to think anyone is going to South Africa for a tear up is a joke.

The news I saw last night had an interview with our own PC Darren Balkham. If nothing else we now know he is vain as he was not wearing his glasses.

Seems that he is going to SA, well reading the posts above he is welcome to it, it sounds an incredibly dodgy place and some of the locals must be rubbing their hands (and AK47's) together at the thought of all the potential victims who will be attending the World Cup.

Think I will just enjoy watching on tv, and the only SA I may consider going to this summer is South Ampton!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Don't doubt that at either, however given this reality is it not then reckless of FIFA holding the world cup there?

No doubt those on this thread getting hard ons at the prospect of England's finest getting their comeuppence at the hands of the locals in South Africa will also have been eaqually pleased with the rightous justice meted out by recently freed Munir Hussain and his brother to the now brain damaged Walim Salem.

Good to see the hang em and flog em brigade out in force.
top post :thumbsup:

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
I think they are actually. They are concerned for the safety and security of all vistors during the World Cup. If anyone is coming here to cause trouble, then they can expect to be dealt with severely. It would be irresponsible of the SA Police not to have talked to all federations around the world about the problems of hooliganism and those individuals involved in it.

The World Cup is being taken VERY seriously here and any major incidentscould screw this country up for years . The authorities will be trying extremely hard to prevent that.

My advice would be that if anyone is considering throwing a plastic chair towards an SA policeman, think again. I would not like to consider the consequences.

The only major incidents would be football fans killed by locals

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

I don't know if you had access to it out there, but Ross Kemp did a documantary on the numbers gang which operates in the SA prisons. f*** going to one of those places, I don't fancy being john mongrel's girlfriend. :ohmy:

Ross Kemp: "What would you do if a man refuses to have sex with you"

John Mongrel: "I KILL HIM"

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
I don't know if you had access to it out there, but Ross Kemp did a documantary on the numbers gang which operates in the SA prisons. f*** going to one of those places, I don't fancy being john mongrel's girlfriend. :ohmy:

Ross Kemp: "What would you do if a man refuses to have sex with you"

John Mongrel: "I KILL HIM"

Which is precisely what I was eluding to. I know that the first series of Gangs was shown here, but have not seen that one. We have had the Louis Theroux Hillbrow documentary though.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Looks like you are a little deluded KZNSeagull. South Africa will have blood on its hands I think it is a disgrace that it is being held there

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Looks like you are a little deluded KZNSeagull. South Africa will have blood on its hands I think it is a disgrace that it is being held there

Deluded about what? I live here. I know how dangerous some parts of this country are. I also know not to go to those parts. This thread is about hooligans who may or may not be coming here. If they want to go to Hillbrow, for example and cause trouble, then more fool them. They must not then whinge and whine at the consequences.

You can believe all the stories you like about this country. Judging by the stories on this thread, no-one would ever come here. Hundreds and thousands of people visit here every year and have no trouble. But then they are not so stupid as to go to a notoriously dangerous part of the country looking for trouble.

When something does happen, I hope that the reporting of it is fair instead of the "SA is a dangerous country and no-one should ever go there ever again" type reporting that is bound to happen in the tabloids.

Can you guarantee that everyone will be safe at the London Olympics? Have there never been any football related deaths in the UK? Are you safe walking down West Street at 1am?

You started this thread pointing out how silly you thought it was that they are worried about hooligans coming to SA. All I have done is pointed out that the authorities here would be foolish not to be and any normal, law-abiding fan coming to the World Cup would be outraged if the authorities had NOT done anything about it.

If people are sensible when they come here, they will have to be very unlucky to get into trouble. If they are stupid and irresponsible, then they may well get into trouble, but who's fault is that?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
But is more LIKELY to happen in south africa.

Possibly if people are not streetwise and sensible, I agree. But the police and authorities will be out in force for this World Cup - if there is to be a crimewave during the WC I would not be surprised if it was against the locals rather than the tourists and the Police will be concentrating on them.

I hope that nothing serious happens, I really do. But what the police cannot legislate against is the stupidity of people coming here. As someone pointed out, if you wander about, after dark, pissed, wearing your best clobber then no, I would not be surprised if you got mugged. But whose fault is that? Just because you should get away with that in parts of the UK, people should not expect to do so here and most people know that. Yes that is a sad inditement of SA but it is a reality, so people have to adapt their behaviour accordingly. But it is also a reality in many countries and cities around the world.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
My cousins moved from Empangeni in KZN to Port Elizabeth about 10 years ago where they now live in a secure residential complex because they realised they would be easy pickings as they got older.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If we can encourage our hoolie element to have a big night out in Khayelitsha when we play in Cape town then I think we will be very nearly there in eredicating most of our idiot following.

I guy I met out there asked if I wanted to try out his 357 Magnum when we were out one night. I thought only Dirty Harry was allowed one of them and I played golf with 4 guys one beautiful december day in Durban and everyone of them had a piece strapped to their leg. Firearms are real commonplace in S.A.

Plastic chair throwing from 30 yards away will make them giggle, trust me.

T.I.A. mate.

Oh, one other thing. If anyone is going over make sure you always have sufficient cash on you to pay any roadside 'fine' to the police if you are stopped.

Getting locked up overnight in a SA police cell is apparently a very quick way for a man to lose his anal virginity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports