Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

South Coast Club, new manager but still

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Shit ! Actually knowing football logic as we beat the Dungs 2-0 Sanitary will beat us 2-0.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Yep. Fantastic result. Hopefully they'll tumble into the basement division and Portsmouth will join them in a season or two's time and then one of the biggest *cough* derbies in football can resume at a level befitting both clubs.

:amex::albion1:

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
There is NO WAY that the south coast club will get relegated. I'd put anything on it.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
They won't get relegated but they need to arrest this slide PDFQ. I suppose in some ways we should be almost happy that we don't consider ourselves as nailed on promotion candidates.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seeing as most on here thought that they had the players to walk this league, their inability to even score since they sacked Pardew is kind of amusing. They will recover but I doubt they will be any more than just top 6 contenders now, if the manager is up to managing a big squad and fans that have such ridiculous expectations.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Seeing as most on here thought that they had the players to walk this league, their inability to even score since they sacked Pardew is kind of amusing.

Besides their forwards and the keeper, would any of their team get into out first XI?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
After 6 games of last season they were in a worse off place than they are this season and they only just missed out on the play offs so I wouldn't write them off just yet.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Besides their forwards and the keeper, would any of their team get into out first XI?
That's the key. You look at their team and it really isn't all that. In fact, I'm not sure why they were ever that nailed on.

We all know Hammond and Harding, and neither of them would get into our side at the moment. Puncheon is playing gash at the moment and Lambert is looking disinterested, presumably because of a lack of service because Lallana is out.

That's half a team right there. Our side is at least as good as theirs by the sound of it.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
After 6 games of last season they were in a worse off place than they are this season and they only just missed out on the play offs so I wouldn't write them off just yet.

They missed the play off spots by 7 points I believe. Not really just missed out is it.

This season they have won one and drawn one, but lost four. So lost to four teams.
Last season they had drawn four of their first six. Only lost to two teams.

Form is not as good as this point last season.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Davies > Brezovan / Ankergren
Butterfield < Calderon
Harding < Painter
Fonte > Elphick
Seaborne < Greer
Puncheon = Bennett
Hammond < Sparrow
Schneiderlin = Kishishev
Chamberlain < Lualua
Lambert > Murray
Barnard > Barnes

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I agree. A team can easily be bottom of the table in September and still be promoted by May. It's not easy, but it's been done. It's just easy to forget later on.

I'm pretty sure that the season we won the Third Division in Micky Adams' prime we were total horseshit until about the middle/end of September. Lost the opener at Southend, lost a few others and it got to the point where Adams was actually facing question marks about his job. It was only a win against Torquay at Withdean that finally set us on track. If I remember correctly, we won 6-2 or something daft like that, but we still didn't really play that well. Saved Adams though, and we went on to win the title.

Hence it always makes me chuckle when people talk about promotion being out of the question, or the play offs being way beyond a team, simply on the back of a bad run in the first few games. If anything, it's GOOD to get your crap patch out of the way early: better that way than to be red hot all year then fall to pieces in the run in.

Don't get me wrong: I would very much like Southampton's present form to continue. I'm just saying that I wouldn't bet too much money on it at this point in time.

NN12 Seagull

Jan 3, 2010
went to watch S'ton play MK Dons last night. On paper their side looked really strong but they all looked totally uniterested and in the end fairly comfortable win for the Dons. Have to say atmosphere lwas pretty good despite only 8k, Saints fans very quiet but Dons got really behind team in 2nd half (similar to when we played them late last season). Hopeful that acoustics and crowd at Falmer will allow for similar atmosphere even when ground not full

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Butterfield < Calderon
Harding < Painter
Fonte > Elphick
Seaborne < Greer
Puncheon = Bennett
Hammond < Sparrow
Schneiderlin = Kishishev
Chamberlain < Lualua
Lambert > Murray
Barnard > Barnes
I'd much rather have Bennett over Puncheon. Puncheon is so overrated. So IMO, we're clearly a better side, but will undoubtedly have less strength in depth, even if by our standards we have a strong squad.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Butterfield < Calderon
Harding < Painter
Fonte > Elphick
Seaborne < Greer
Puncheon = Bennett
Hammond < Sparrow
Schneiderlin = Kishishev
Chamberlain < Lualua
Lambert > Murray
Barnard > Barnes

If we merged that would be some team!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

But having lost 4 games this season may not reflect badly when compared to starting on minus 10 last year. But when you think that the 4 teams that have beaten them are 3 points better off now, whereas last season Southampton beat most teams and stopped them gaining any points while they recovered their deficit.

I'm not sure that makes any sense whatsoever

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here