Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] South Africa V England 1st Test

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Root out, another wicket for Boycott who had just praised his impending career...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
They really don't. The lead they have is already enough on a 4th innings pitch that has been hard to score on since the first morning.

This. They could declare now and still win. This is easy-peasy for England (and we don't often say that during overseas tests)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Coolio, u thinking a declaration is near then?

Ideally, I expect that Cook would like to turn the screw a bit and bat - assuming that we're not all out - until such time that SA have to face 4-5 overs before tea today, then a tough evening session with fresh bowlers going for it. This all assumes a good forecast for tomorrow though.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Ali coming in at 8 really is a bonus. Hopefully they will stick with this line up until Hales finds his feet as it so solid looking.

I should think the declaration will come at 450 lead.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Saffers not taking the new ball and dropping more catches. Talk of ABdV retiring from Tests. No leadership on the field and almost certainly bitching in the dressing room. They are a shower. No 1 team in the world? I do not think so.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Woakes showing some class with the bat, but perhaps demonstrating that the wicket is still pretty decent... England 294-7, leading by 383.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England 300-7 :clap2:

Lead 389. Scoring at 3 an over. With 140+ overs left I think the declaration is still some way off.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Woakes gone for 23... drives hard... excellent catch from Duminy at short extra. 315-8.

404 not enough apparently.. Broad comes out for a bash.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England 326 all out.

Lead by 415. 50 overs remain today and 90 tomorrow. All four results are possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here