Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some views of Palace Fans on Brighton

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Agree entirely Uncs. And at least they support their local team rather than throwing in their lot with the countless Premiership plastics polluting the SE postcode areas.

Some blokes. mainly middle aged froth at the mouth at the BHAFC V CPFC thing but for me , at best it is just " meh ". I mean some bloke, just like me and you supports another team. Get over it. Like is too short for the absurd vitriol between the 2 teams imo. My judgment is based also on the fact I have met a lot of the CPFC lads through the REMF, and , shock, they are just like me and you. Decent guys supporting their team so the hatred is like something from the dark ages for me. Many will disagree.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes very much this, would much rather swap our attendances for their league position (not the grounds though)!
Baring in mind we'll have more next season as well, meaning more money and a better atmosphere, I wouldn't.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Some blokes. mainly middle aged froth at the mouth at the BHAFC V CPFC thing but for me , at best it is just " meh ". I mean some bloke, just like me and you supports another team. Get over it. Like is too short for the absurd vitriol between the 2 teams imo. My judgment is based also on the fact I have met a lot of the CPFC lads through the REMF, and , shock, they are just like me and you. Decent guys supporting their team so the hatred is like something from the dark ages for me. Many will disagree.

Personally, as much as I hate seeing Brighton shirts and will despise every single one of you on 17th March from the minute I leave the house until the minute I get home.

I would rather have a conversation with a genuine Brighton fan than sit there and listen to the opinions of Glory hunter supporters down the pub. At least most of your fans have put up with shit through the years and are now enjoying it.

Went to the pub the day after Watford - Palace and was told Jonny Williams wasn't that good because he's too short to be a centre midfielder. This from a Man Utd fan, living in South London, who has never been to a game.

I hate Brighton more than any other team, because I was brought up as a Palace fan. But, fans of probably 68-69 Football League clubs are very much alike. Passionate and love their team, but a hell of a lot more knowledgeable than any sofa-sitting wanker who doesn't go to a game.

And as for TheMajor, we all know who he is/was on the BBS, and who he is here. Attendances are higher. Woo Hoo... Part of the reason I don't like the Premiership is you attract the tourists and the daytrippers. Asking where their seat is, where's the toilet etc. They can f*** off!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Personally, as much as I hate seeing Brighton shirts and will despise every single one of you on 17th March from the minute I leave the house until the minute I get home.

I would rather have a conversation with a genuine Brighton fan than sit there and listen to the opinions of Glory hunter supporters down the pub. At least most of your fans have put up with shit through the years and are now enjoying it.

Went to the pub the day after Watford - Palace and was told Jonny Williams wasn't that good because he's too short to be a centre midfielder. This from a Man Utd fan, living in South London, who has never been to a game.

I hate Brighton more than any other team, because I was brought up as a Palace fan. But, fans of probably 68-69 Football League clubs are very much alike. Passionate and love their team, but a hell of a lot more knowledgeable than any sofa-sitting wanker who doesn't go to a game.

And as for TheMajor, we all know who he is/was on the BBS, and who he is here. Attendances are higher. Woo Hoo... Part of the reason I don't like the Premiership is you attract the tourists and the daytrippers. Asking where their seat is, where's the toilet etc. They can f*** off!

We're going to need a bigger stadium............perhaps you should change your Avatar to "Against Modern Life" i'd be with you.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
With all respect, more people doesn't mean a better atmosphere.

Ninian Park -> Cardiff City Stadium. One was a lot louder and more intimidating than the other with a lot less people.

Same with The Den and the New Den , lions turned into pussies.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Despise someone as they wear a different colour shirt ? Despise , really ? For me. I will want to beat CPFC with all my strength on the day but then, that is it. Why would I despise someone I have never met, know nothing about them ? I just don't get it. Despise CPFC ? FFS there are far miore important things to worry about about or despise in this World than some bloke than wears a different colour shirt to me. That would just be RIDICULOUS wouldn't it ?

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Modern football has some pluses,i mean you can drink beer before during and after the game,in the dry and warm.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
FFS there are far miore important things to worry about about or despise in this World than some bloke than wears a different colour shirt to me.

EXACTLY, Families to support/take care of, jobs to do/businesses to run, bills/mortgages to pay, friends to help out, family members who are ill, family members who have recently passed on/are going to pass on soon and some supporters would(if they had the balls) call me a plastic as I do not live and breathe football and meet up in the pub to make banners and make up new songs, FFS you are getting me started now lol

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This business about hating CPFC and vice versa is utter HORSESHIT imo. We are just " blokes " supporting a different team. THAT IS IT. And anyone that thinks differently needs to have a long look in the mirror. Utterly absurd. When you consider the BHAFC V CPFC rivalry is rates a 0.5 out of 100 of the things that really matter.

- - - Updated - - -

EXACTLY, Families to support/take care of, jobs to do/businesses to run, bills/mortgages to pay, friends to help out, family members who are ill, family members who have recently passed on/are going to pass on soon and some supporters would(if they had the balls) call me a plastic as I do not live and breathe football and meet up in the pub to make banners and make up new songs, FFS you are getting me started now lol

I agree my Friend. Shock. You are Croydon lads we are Brighton lads and the rest is shite imo.

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
This business about hating CPFC and vice versa is utter HORSESHIT imo. We are just " blokes " supporting a different team. THAT IS IT. And anyone that thinks differently needs to have a long look in the mirror. Utterly absurd. When you consider the BHAFC V CPFC rivalry is rates a 0.5 out of 100 of the things that really matter.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree my Friend. Shock. You are Croydon lads we are Brighton lads and the rest is shite imo.

Do you join in the stand up if you hate palace chant ???

I could not care less about palace, I just don't like Croydon (sorry)

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
You are Croydon lads we are Brighton lads and the rest is shite imo.

The only part of your post I must take issue with, im a Lewisham lad. My dad just happened to be born in a part of Lewisham that was closer to Selhurst than the Den. My granddad was not that into football, he had other things on his mind like fighting a world war. :smile:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Do you join in the stand up if you hate palace chant ???

I could not care less about palace, I just don't like Croydon (sorry)

No never have done I think the chant is for the braindead. It is SHIT !

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
:thumbsup:

One of the best posts I have read on any forum, then again I have only read three and contributed to two. But even so a brilliant post.
Out of my friends I am the only Palace supporter, they mostly support Arsenal and one supports Liverpool ??? Then again thats mostly down to their dads/mums having allegiances to them when they first to this country. I do manage to drag a few of them along to our games though(dont tell the major, he will accuse us of manipulating our attendance figures). As for Brighton I do not mind them at all either, sure I want to beat them but thats about as far as it goes. It makes me laugh when your in the pub before,after the game and there are morons in there spitting hate filled bile with their eyes bulging, I just think get a life for fucks sake. I actually wonder of these people have anyone at home, a family, friends, anything outside of football really.
As for why do I come on here, I once browsed a post about an old boy who got hit after a game and I felt compelled to add my disgust along with the others. The reason I stayed is because I like a forum where not everyone is shouting from the same hymnbook. I also like a decent debate.

I don't like Palace whatsoever, but when it gets to violence it's just stupid. My dad told me a story of when he was 14, he got hit by a Palace fan, so another one came along and knocked the bloke out. My dad said the words he remembers were 'we're not all wankers'

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I agree, but as I'm quite new to nsc is this next month just going to be palace this and palace that ???

Like all season on here,just a bit livelier than usual,takes 2 to tango,remember no other club has more fans on here other than Brighton,than Crystal Palace,now why is that? wake up smell the coffee,they are after us.

Defend the Albion UTA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here