[Football] Some of those Burnley fans - don’t like us. Oh well !!!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
While not disagreeing with your preception of Gillingham, your understanding of Faversham seems a little queer. Is Brighton the ******* child of Crawley?

Indeed. Faversham is one of the nicest places in the UK (countryside, coastal walks, history, pubs etc). Not sure how you can criticise it if you've been there tbh.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Put it this way, pick London road up and put it in Burnley and you’d have people clamouring from around Burnley coming for the glitz and glamour.

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
I love all the anecdotes. Jay “proven not the be racist” Rodrigues - uh, no he wasn’t proven to be anything. Lack of evidence. But most importantly. We’re all middle class racists. Clearly a made up accusation because Jay “shithouse” Rodrigues was not found guilty of racial abuse.

By their reasoning, the 2 Burnley fans I knew at university now basically represent Burnley fans.

One developed a cocaine addiction whilst at university, once he was high...the stuff would spout.. anti Semitic bollocks and genuinely believed the government was trying to cover up an Islamic invasion and the left really want to exterminate white people.

The other one believed that there were nothing wrong with “slapping the missus” if she doesn’t do what her Husband demanded. “Drew the line at rape, but accept that if a man arrives home from a hard day’s work, it was his right to enforce discipline if the house wasn’t tidy”.

So based on these chaps.

Burnley fans are all coked up, misogynistic, white supremacists. However, given historically, the BNP and National Front did well there... that’s probably true.

I don’t really like fans from other clubs, this hasn’t changed my opinion of them.

And yes, Burnley fans. The north is predominantly a shithole and I’ve spent plenty of time living up there to warrant saying that.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Personally dont dislike Burnley. *Compact ground in the town.* Always difficult to beat, play competitive football and in Sean Dyche have a great manager who does well with the financial support he gets. Always in the mix for relegation but always do enough to pull clear.
Fans are pretty much the same as most clubs, some are friendly, knowledgeable, passionate and a bias desire for their team to win. Throw in a few fans who go beyond the line on internet forum, like most fans.

Apart from the sentence * about the ground* and substitute Potter for Dyche and you could be talking about us. We are all the same, especially on internet forums where we can hide behind a keyboard. Take away the pack mentality and if you had a pint down the pub we would all get on fine. Most of it is all billy big bollocks & bullshit. There are of course exceptions but it happens with all fans of different clubs.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Why are the Clarets getting so wound up by a load of Internet saddos on BHA Mumsnet? And conversely, why are people on here getting wound up?

NSC, the biggest stain on the reputation of our football club since either Leon Best’s loan spell or Kingstonian 2 BHA 1.

:lolol: :moo:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Oh well.. Burnley, like all other clubs, have their fair share of mouthy dickhead fans mixed in with their decent fans. Unfortunately the dickheads shout the loudest. They'll be onto their latest gripe by next week. Ignore.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
15 pages (and counting) of mostly slagging off Burnley on a Brighton forum in response to 2 pages (and counting) of mostly slagging off Brighton on a Burnley forum.

Maybe we've a lot more in common than we like to think :kiss:

I think that may just be a reflection of more Brighton fans having access to the internet...

(*ducks. Just getting into the spirit of the thread, honest)

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Indeed. Faversham is one of the nicest places in the UK (countryside, coastal walks, history, pubs etc). Not sure how you can criticise it if you've been there tbh.

A customer of mine lived in Faversham ( retired at the and 2019), he worked in Rochester. He is a Gills fan and so much banter between the two us. The general gist was that whilst Kent maybe the Garden of England, the Medway towns and anything north west of Canterbury was the cesspit at the bottom of the garden.

Similar debate with a guy who I joined up with who lives just outside of Ashford.

I lived in Coventry for three years. Certainly rates highly in the shit towns category .... I loved the place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I’ve nothing against Burnley. In fact, I hope they win next Saturday.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No-one is ever found not guilty by the FA. It isn't a verdict available to them. The charges against Rodriguez could have been proven or not proven, and they were not proven.

‘Not proven’ does not equal innocent though.

I’ve no problem with Burnley as a place or their fans, just Dyche and the nasty, nigglely tactics he apparently promotes. Always in the officials ear.

Works for Burnley though - just will never enjoy playing against it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
As I see it Burnley have real legit fans, no plastics. So I respect them for that. A genuine club punching above their weight.

If a few of them don’t like us, oh well. They may have missed some of the credit we gave them yesterday, too bad.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I enjoyed growing up in Seaford / Lewes but have equally enjoyed living in Liverpool. It’s not quite as grim up north as some would have us believe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports