[Football] Some of those Burnley fans - don’t like us. Oh well !!!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Its just fueled by the whole Bong/Rodriguez thing. Most decent fans will probably look at that whole episode & say 'unfortunately i guess we'll never know what was said' and move on. But the knuckle dragging element of their fan base have turned the 'unproven' verdict into 'proven not to be a racist' (which is not the same thing), and now to decide to call us racists for it... bizarre. Generally the largest percentage of their fanbase will be decent people, much like ours and anyone else's, but its the dickheads that stick in your mind.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I enjoyed growing up in Seaford / Lewes but have equally enjoyed living in Liverpool. It’s not quite as grim up north as some would have us believe.

Most of the bigger places are fine. As are a lot of the chocolate box villages. It’s the clapped out ex-industrial towns that have no culture or alternative industry to replace what Thatcher destroyed.
Shame, some of them used to be absolute treasures.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good to see an Albion fan (who doesn’t rate NSC) has calmed them down a bit but I had to laugh at this insult, a new one on me :lolol:

“And I see that Sheebo is still a monumental melon head”

Have you got history on their site [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION]?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
19 pages? Really. ???

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Last time I went to Burnley for a game I had some excellent cheap beer in a friendly pub, and a very smart haircut in the local barbers. I actually find the place quite interesting. Yes, a run down ex-industrial town - but plenty of history.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
A Burnley guide :

Anyone with a descent ground = Plastic
Anyone who disagrees with them = Bellend
Anyone who bathes = La di da
Anyone with their own teeth = Posh
Anyone who criticizes them = Don`t know what their talking about

Never known a more intellectually challenged argumentative and confrontational bunch of knuckle dragging inbred`s in my life ! :tosser:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Quite amusing reading the posts from middle class Southerners who have moved to Northern towns saying they’re great.
Different story if you’re born and bred there I would imagine.
Touch of the “Common People” about it .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I enjoyed growing up in Seaford / Lewes but have equally enjoyed living in Liverpool. It’s not quite as grim up north as some would have us believe.

Liverpool is a very friendly place though. I have been a number of times from the mid-80s when I was a young boy to a few seasons ago for Everton away. I have found it a consistently friendly and welcoming city. Others are Bristol, Manchester and Birmingham aside from one weird experience in a historic old pub I visited in the burbs when a sketchy couple were eyeing up my man bag and seem to take offense when I moved it away from them. I ordered a taxi to take me to my next stop and the male followed me out of the pub, stood behind the taxi and in a dramatic and ostentatious way flipped me the bird as I got in car. He held that pose all the while I spoke to the driver and pulled away and until I couldn’t see him anymore. Odd.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Liverpool is a very friendly place though. I have been a number of times from the mid-80s when I was a young boy to a few seasons ago for Everton away. I have found it a consistently friendly and welcoming city. Others are Bristol, Manchester and Birmingham aside from one weird experience in a historic old pub I visited in the burbs when a sketchy couple were eyeing up my man bag and seem to take offense when I moved it away from them. I ordered a taxi to take me to my next stop and the male followed me out of the pub, stood behind the taxi and in a dramatic and ostentatious way flipped me the bird as I got in car. He held that pose all the while I spoke to the driver and pulled away and until I couldn’t see him anymore. Odd.

Talking of pub/taxi experiences up north we had a weekend away in Manchester for the United game up there in November in the first PL season. Me and a mate stayed in this cheap pub in Salford that had a B&B above.

They were very accommodating and let us put our stuff in our room early on and we had a pint downstairs and a chat with the landlady. Then our mates phoned and asked us to meet them at a pub nearer OT. So we ordered a cab. We get in when it arrives and the conversation goes:

"Are you staying there lads?"
"Yep"
"Did you notice the hole in the ceiling?"
"Er, no......"
"Oh, cause a couple of days ago someone went in there with a gun and shot it up a bit".

Still no idea if he was telling the truth as we got back there way after closing time and had to use the tradesmans.

Nice place, Salford.

*ducks*

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Why are the Clarets getting so wound up by a load of Internet saddos on BHA Mumsnet? And conversely, why are people on here getting wound up?

NSC, the biggest stain on the reputation of our football club since either Leon Best’s loan spell or Kingstonian 2 BHA 1.

:lolol: :moo:
Bollocks. Utter bollocks.

Yes there is some stupidity but on the whole its a great community. From raising money for good causes to help, support and assistance for folk who need it and everything else.

theboybilly

Their most famous fan is a Yorkshireman.

To be fair Burnley is not that far from Keighley where Alistair Campbell was born. He could just as easily have followed one of the (at the time) Bradford clubs or worse, Leeds. But more likely his father took him to a Burnley match and a love was born. Much like many on here with the Albion

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Bollocks. Utter bollocks.

Yes there is some stupidity but on the whole its a great community. From raising money for good causes to help, support and assistance for folk who need it and everything else.

How could you possibly have read that as a serious post!!!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Last time I went to Burnley for a game I had some excellent cheap beer in a friendly pub, and a very smart haircut in the local barbers. I actually find the place quite interesting. Yes, a run down ex-industrial town - but plenty of history.

:)
I wonder if you’re the first away fan to have a haircut before a match in a barbers in Burnley.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Good to see an Albion fan (who doesn’t rate NSC) has calmed them down a bit but I had to laugh at this insult, a new one on me :lolol:

“And I see that Sheebo is still a monumental melon head”

Have you got history on their site [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION]?

Ha no - I don’t post on any forums - prob one of the bellends that came on here before :lol:

They do love a bite ooop there eh :lol:

Bin Ont Turf :wave: Melon head :lol: I’ll send you a fiver if it helps you smile pal :kiss:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports