Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Some of those Burnley fans - don’t like us. Oh well !!!

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Sorry, you're wrong. "Proven" means that the FA finds on the balance of probabilities that the offence happened. "Not proven" means that they find on the balance of probabilities that the offence did not happen. That is clearly stated in their rules. There is no middle ground.

If we were talking about Scottish law, you would be correct, because they have guilty, not guilty, and the middle ground being not proven. Three options, including a middle ground.

I’ve always been of the opinion that Bong truly believed he heard what he claims, “You’re black and you stink”, but that it is highly unlikely that in the heat of the moment that wording would be used in a face to face encounter. It’s such a stilted phrasing. Far more likely, IMO, that “your breath f....ing stinks” would be used.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Sorry, you're wrong. "Proven" means that the FA finds on the balance of probabilities that the offence happened. "Not proven" means that they find on the balance of probabilities that the offence did not happen. That is clearly stated in their rules. There is no middle ground.

If we were talking about Scottish law, you would be correct, because they have guilty, not guilty, and the middle ground being not proven. Three options, including a middle ground.

Are we still going on about this?
Whether racist or not Rodriguez is a childish prick. This is a proven fact you need just to watch the footage
Nobody in their right mind should be defending his childish (at best) actions. So STOP!

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
I'm always suspicious of anyone who is trying to get me believe that any social grouping (town, region, country, nation, ethnicity, race, culture etc) is all one way. Those who do this have an agenda, or, more likely, parrot an agenda that they accept from people with more power. The agenda is to try to instill division as those with power gain advantages from this.

These threads on both forums are cringeworthy.

Okay, I've sorted that out: time to move on. :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’m finding those taking the high ground and saying it’s childish or embarrassing to have an opinion on a random northern town to be the ones being holier than thou and snobbish now - and looking down on those who don’t like the place or those that don’t like their football team (despite clear evidence of thuggery over the years) or pointing out the racism that’s come from there. God it hurts my eyes now :lol:

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
I’m finding those taking the high ground and saying it’s childish or embarrassing to have an opinion on a random northern town to be the ones being holier than thou and snobbish now - and looking down on those who don’t like the place or those that don’t like their football team (despite clear evidence of thuggery over the years) or pointing out the racism that’s come from there. God it hurts my eyes now :lol:

What hurts your eyes? The first sentence of your post? I found it a bit grueling too, to be honest.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

At the end of it all, your player was proven to be a prick.

It could not be proven at the hearing that he's a racist prick. But nobody needed a court case to see that JR was being an unpleasant, immature prick of the highest order to a fellow professional.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
My son and I had the misfortune to share a train carriage from Manchester with a load of Burnley fans on the way to a match. We queued for a couple of coffees in the buffet car and got abuse for not buying beer, being Brighton fans which obviously came out, and for being a gay couple for coming from Brighton. It wasn't delivered in fun and yes, frankly I'm glad we aren't black. I never had anything against Burnley who I always saw as a small, traditional club with a bit of heritage. I really don't like them now.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
My son and I had the misfortune to share a train carriage from Manchester with a load of Burnley fans on the way to a match. We queued for a couple of coffees in the buffet car and got abuse for not buying beer, being Brighton fans which obviously came out, and for being a gay couple for coming from Brighton. It wasn't delivered in fun and yes, frankly I'm glad we aren't black. I never had anything against Burnley who I always saw as a small, traditional club with a bit of heritage. I really don't like them now.
You don’t forget things a few Sunderland gave me bit of kicking when I was on me jack jones can’t stand them since then and that was 1986.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not that it matters to the tone of debate in general, but the loss of cotton mills was nothing to do with Margaret Thatcher. The mills were gone before 1979.

The single ‘I’m in Love With Margaret Thatcher’ is by the band Notsensibles, who are from Burnley. Good live too.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
The cricket club behind the away end is one of my favourite pre match drinking establishments every time I’ve been especially in the summer.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Always had to admire them from the season we beat them first day, up there, in the Hinshelwood era. My FIL was walking with me to the ground, using his walking stick, when a local Youth spat at him because, I guess, he had an Albion scarf on, I have to say a nearby Burnley fan was quicker than me at applying the appropriate punishment!

* I'll gloss over the flat tyre they also left my car, and several other cars, with!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
You don’t forget things a few Sunderland gave me bit of kicking when I was on me jack jones can’t stand them since then and that was 1986.

I collected a broken nose from a Wednesday hoolie in about 1979ish. I’ve hated them ever since.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here