Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some interesting numbers re The Amex...

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Also, the club shop was doing a roaring trade last night and the queues there have always been horrendous on a match day. Again, the merchandise on sale is far superior to anything on offer in the past.

It's going to be interesting to see how they cope with the additional 5,000 at the gate next season. In fact, next season could break Albion's all time average attendance record.

fingers crossed planning permission is granted, should hear very soon.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
What a shame that we're not smashing expectations even further then. We have, as of last night, pretty much given up on stadium catering/refreshment. Got completely sick of massive queues, having to walk all over the place to find one under 20 minutes, then getting to the front about 40 minutes before kick off to find there's no pies/Harveys left. The people running it are complete imbeciles.

They could smash expectations even further if they gave up with the equality thing and accepted that women are heavily outnumbered at football and therefore need a lot less toilet space. The queues for the blokes in WSL, for a new stadium, are outrageous. If I want a piss on the half time whistle it's going to take most of half time before I get to the front of the queue, certainly a lot longer than I'd need to also get in a refreshment queue.

Neither things are massively denting my enjoyment of Falmer, but it's a shame that nothing will ever change, whilst a lot of back-slapping will carry on.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I typically don't spend any extra money at the Amex, largely because of the queues.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
A group of four of us have been to pretty much every game - north stand. Since November we are down to one pint in the landsdowne and then a round each, the first round of which includes a pie each before the game
another pint at half time - i reckon the group of 4 speand at least 15 quid every trip - the ONLY thing that i have not done is enter the shop - the queues are pretty bad, or certainly seem to be - and that has prevented us going in.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Harveys reckons that the beer it sells at the Amex in a season will account for the equivalent of a week's production - that's 2% of its entire output.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I typically don't spend any extra money at the Amex, largely because of the queues.
Out of interest, how long before / after do arrive and leave? I normally arrive 45 mind before kick off and have no problem purchasing.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I enjoyed going straight to the e-cash only till in WSL about 20 mins before KO, while others muttered in the other queues.

They really need to push this more AND when you don't have to find cash/receive change, the whole transaction takes less than a minute. This would cut down on everyones queueing time.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I enjoyed going straight to the e-cash only till in WSL about 20 mins before KO, while others muttered in the other queues.

They really need to push this more AND when you don't have to find cash/receive change, the whole transaction takes less than a minute. This would cut down on everyones queueing time.

That reminds me. Yesterday I was queueing for a beer in the north stand after the game and I swear it stated it was for eCards and Amex CC only. Why would you have the quickest and slowest payment forms combined? Plus the bloke in front used his Visa!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

No such luck in WSU (do we have e-cash only tills??) - we were all in long (about halfway back into the concourse) queues whilst we waited for people to get served with many pints ( most I saw was 8 at one go and paid off a credit card!!!!!) and seemed to be messing about with cash . My P+P took about 25 seconds to transact from request to receipt.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That reminds me. Yesterday I was queueing for a beer in the north stand after the game and I swear it stated it was for eCards and Amex CC only. Why would you have the quickest and slowest payment forms combined?

You've noticed who sponsors The, errrm, Amex right?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I rarely spent anything at Withdean. Probably a cup of tea once a season if the weather was cold. Now I arrive earlier, drink in Dick's if the queue permits. Get to the WSU about 45 minutes before kick off. Pie & pint. Then another couple after the game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The e-cash is also a bonus, when it comes to spending.

I top up when it's convenient, and so I don't need to take cash to the ground, making the whole event easy.

(not quite my point as money is hardly a bind, but you know what I mean. One less thing to faff around with)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Try re-reading my post(all of it), think about the point I am making, and then post again.

But an online Amex CC authorisation via a chip&pin reader takes the same time to process as other debit and credit cards , allowing these at the e-card only queues isn't going to cause mile long queues.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Used to buy a coke or chips very occasionally at Withdean.

A Saturday game at the Amex is now arriving around 1pm, usually have a pie and 2 pints, mates have a few more drinks. After the match there till 7-8pm and another few drinks and a £1 pie from the ESB.

Love it

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
That reminds me. Yesterday I was queueing for a beer in the north stand after the game and I swear it stated it was for eCards and Amex CC only. Why would you have the quickest and slowest payment forms combined? Plus the bloke in front used his Visa!

By CC do you mean credit cards, if so you're wrong as it's charge cards mainly but you don't say CC & CC so you may as well just say cards rather than illustrate ignorance...you undoubtedly won't know either that Amex Card holders spend on average DOUBLE the amount of any other card user, a spectacularly good enough reason to have a dedicated queue

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here