Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So you are Chris Hughton, Tony Bloom gives you 15m to spend on 2 new strikers.......

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
His injury cost him his place in the Portugal squad for Euro 16.

Should we be aiming higher and looking at the Spanish or German squads ?

???

Fair enough BV.... Maybe he would be the business.

Doesn't say a great deal about the current Portugal squad mind.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Realistically? Really?

Wow! - just wow.

I genuinely don't think it's that out of the question.

Ince and Caskey are both young, English midfielders with Championship experience. Caskey is also a regular in the U-21 set up. These are all things that add to their transfer fees. In the current market, it's not out of this world to expect 700k for Ince and close to 1m for Caskey.

Manu has been a total flop, but he's still a young forward with a solid record abroad. Whilst we'll get nothing like what we paid for him, we should still be looking at around 300-500k for him if we're looking to offload. And that leaves Kaz, a player who has always shown just enough glimpses of brilliance to mean that somebody out there will take a gamble on him if we're looking to sell. If someone like QPR spent 2m on him and he showed the form he did at the start of this season then people on here would be saying we were mugged.

Take out your pre-conceived ideas about the players and tell me if the fees are in the right ballpark for the current market.

A 22 year old CM, with 12 England U-21 caps and 70 games in the Championship - 1m
A 23 year old CM who can also play at the back. 80 Championship games under his belt - 700k
A 22 year old winger/striker with a goal every other game record in the UEFA Cup. Cost 1.5m 12 months ago but hasn't adjusted to his new squad. A gamble. 500k
A 25 year old winger who's played over 100 times in the championship. Unstoppable when on form. Still not reached his peak yet. 1.75m

If we were lacking in those areas and signed players with that sort of pedigree for those prices I think the majority of our fans would be happy with our business tbh. Are those players worth 4m to us? No, not at all. Does that mean it's unreasonable? No.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Dicko (Wolves) subject to his knee injury passing a stringent test.

But otherwise Lookman (but Lookman is one for the future. Charlton would be best to keep him and I think they will go straight back up).

I would prefer Will Buckley back than Glenn Murray. He would have to get involved in the game much more. The trick for getting bargains is to find players that are up and coming, or were good once and have lost their way. And are not past their prime.

Zaha might get into our side?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

But otherwise Lookman (but Lookman is one for the future. Charlton would be best to keep him and I think they will go straight back up).

I would prefer Will Buckley back than Glenn Murray. He would have to get involved in the game much more. The trick for getting bargains is to find players that are up and coming, or were good once and have lost their way. And are not past their prime.

If you're not on medication then you should be.

If you are on medication then it's not working

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia

Buckley struggling to get into the Birmingham team says it all for me

Sent from popcorn packets for NSC binfests

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I'm not suggesting there's no merit (say Ulloa, at least) to seeking out ex Albion players. But is there any other club I wonder, where the supporters feel the need to constantly look backwards in an effort to move forward? ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not suggesting there's no merit (say Ulloa, at least) to seeking out ex Albion players. But is there any other club I wonder, where the supporters feel the need to constantly look backwards in an effort to move forward? ???
I find it hard to believe other fans are as narrow minded as so many on NSC.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Would the fans accept Gaston Ramirez after his cry baby antics got Stephens sent off ?
Currently a free agent . . .
I realise he's not a striker but he's decent and available

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

My objection is signing players well past their prime or over priced inform players rather than genuine quality and young enough to worth a transfer fee,

I've no objection to the signing of the likes of Glenn Murray, but they have to be worth their wages and all transfer fees for older players are like wages, a total loss. Young players make more sense as of the choice is right their value increases. They have to quick enough to cope with the Premier League though.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here